Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    True (in fact, I recall Travis Knight recalling in an interview that it was impossible to be completely consistent with the Bay movies due to the number of continuity errors). That said, there is a difference between "sort of works in very broad strokes" and "erases the entire backstory."

And...?
    Disney who owns lucasfilm are still clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    Personally I think the founding of the Jedi Order be interesting if done right. Of course it's easier said then done since the Jedi were around for thousands of years. Then again I'm don't like TLJ. So take what you will from that.
    It just feels like needless explaining of things. Not everything needs an explanation. The Force didn't need Midichlorians and the Jedi don't need an origin story.

I'm sure they'll still do one eventually.

It needn't necessarily be an origin story. I think fans might be interested in a film that shows both the Jedi and the Sith at their height, something like the Tales of the Jedi/KOTOR series. Perhaps the story of the final war which caused the Sith to be reduced to just two members. Although it's a story told in the old expanded universe of course, it'd be interesting to see Disney's take on it.

If there's an origin story directly, I'm curious if it'll include Luke's island and Jedha.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    It just feels like needless explaining of things. Not everything needs an explanation. The Force didn't need Midichlorians and the Jedi don't need an origin story.

I'm sure they'll still do one eventually.
    Personally I just like exploring the mysticism of the Jedi. Sure they don't neccesarilly need one. However it can add to a story. The addition won't always be good such as the midichlorian thing. Personally I always thought of midichlorians as a minor issue that doesn't effect anything that badly.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I’ve always viewed Midichlorians as merely a logistics thing used to explain how Force sensitives are identified than recruited at child birth on a galactic scale.

Never got the midichlorian hate either, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    Disney who owns lucasfilm are still clueless.
    Really?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I would agree that that midichlorian hate is a little overblown, but it was the easiest touchpoint I could think of.

I guess in hindsight a stronger comparison might be Finding Dory, which inexplicably felt the need to give an origin story to pretty much every gag of Dory's in Finding Nemo, from speaking whale to reading to singing silly songs.

Disney did feel a need to explain the Death Star's weakness in Rogue One, although it should be pointed be pointed out it's actually a weakness in the reactor, not the thermal exhaust port, which presumably the Rebels found out while looking over the plans.

Makes me wonder if they 'fixed' that for the second Death Star. The explosion in ROTJ isn't quite as instant, otherwise Wedge, Lando and Luke would've been toast...and if ROS is any example, there's quite a few pieces left over.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Disney did feel a need to explain the Death Star's weakness in Rogue One, although it should be pointed be pointed out it's actually a weakness in the reactor, not the thermal exhaust port, which presumably the Rebels found out while looking over the plans.

Makes me wonder if they 'fixed' that for the second Death Star. The explosion in ROTJ isn't quite as instant, otherwise Wedge, Lando and Luke would've been toast...and if ROS is any example, there's quite a few pieces left over.
    that is what they will go for. since the throne room (which we have already seen in the trailer) is on in the edge of the DS2 perimeter (it has a window), they will say chunks just floated away. still don´t like it since it also crash landed on a different celestial body. since endor is not confirmed, other names are floating around and the ocean and stuff, that is
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I would agree that that midichlorian hate is a little overblown, but it was the easiest touchpoint I could think of.

I guess in hindsight a stronger comparison might be Finding Dory, which inexplicably felt the need to give an origin story to pretty much every gag of Dory's in Finding Nemo, from speaking whale to reading to singing silly songs.
    I can see where you're coming from there. I never saw finding Dory but that sounds like they were explaining jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Never got the midichlorian hate either, to be honest
    It's fairly simple really. It removes the mystic of the Force to turn it into just some genetic thingie.

And what's even more deplorable about it is that it just was introduced to justify some bullshit chosen one prophecy which has to be one my most hated cliché in fiction.

Still love you George but damn, you sure didn't make it easy on us with that shitty movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    It's fairly simple really. It removes the mystic of the Force to turn it into just some genetic thingie.

And what's even more deplorable about it is that it just was introduced to justify some bullshit chosen one prophecy which has to be one my most hated cliché in fiction.

Still love you George but damn, you sure didn't make it easy on us with that shitty movie.
    Can't say I agree with you, but fair enough.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post

The force flows through everything, they established that early on. The midichlorians are simply how to measure something's potential in the force. Yoda is even mentioned in TPM as having a particularly high number. Potentially anything could manipulate the force, it's just that those with particular high numbers would have greater control and or potential in it. Sure it's a chosen one narrative with Anakin but he screws that up real quick and nobody buys he actually is the chosen one outside of a small handful. And even then those without the ability to use telekinesis or shoot lightning are shown to do the impossible on simple belief like Chirrut and then you've got the nightsisters who practice force witch craft.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    that is what they will go for. since the throne room (which we have already seen in the trailer) is on in the edge of the DS2 perimeter (it has a window), they will say chunks just floated away. still don´t like it since it also crash landed on a different celestial body. since endor is not confirmed, other names are floating around and the ocean and stuff, that is
    The water planet, Kef Bir, has been called an "ocean moon", which echoes "forest moon of Endor", so I assume the pieces crashed into a different moon of the same planet.

I would actually have liked to see what they had in mind for Star Wars.