Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Benioff and Weiss off Star Wars!...and more

When you play the game of thrones you win or you die....or you get a fat deal from Netflix and nope out on Star Wars . https://deadline.com/2019/10/star-wa...gy-1202771184/

Where's Waldo...er...Rose Tico? Playing an even bigger role off course! She even had to learn how to shoot arrows while riding a space horse. Good thing she is a pro when it comes to riding space horses. Who can forget Canto Bight? And if you did manage to forget can you teach the rest of us how? https://movieweb.com/the-rise-of-sky...ole-star-wars/

Waiting for Godot aka Snyder cut aka It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown aka Rian Johnson trilogy news....Rian would love to but Star Wars has to wash it's hair and is going to be busy babysitting.

Star Wars fans line up in droves to lounge around and buy tickets from the comfort of their own homes https://deadline.com/2019/10/star-wa...me-1202765636/
    Last edited by Anthony W; 10-28-2019 at 10:58 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

BANNED

Well.........

Disney does not want any more fan rage drama.

At least I don't have to worry about them possibly messing up KOTOR

Yet

I guess this puts the theatrical future of Star Wars in a bit of uncertainty right now, as their trilogy was the next to go in a few years.

Wonder if "Rise" doesn't make enough money Kennedy might get let go at this point.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Kasdan says Solo's failure was studio's fault. People, people there is more than enough blame to go around. https://www.denofgeek.com/us/284114/...tar-wars-story
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I wonder if releasing the Mandalorian and Jedi Fallen Order trailers today was a bit of damage control/distraction.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I wonder if releasing the Mandalorian and Jedi Fallen Order trailers today was a bit of damage control/distraction.
    Speaking of which...The Mandalorian is launching with Disney Plus right? Isn't Disney worried that it might take some of the shine off of Rise Of Skywalker? Shouldn't it wait until after it is out of theatres? Couldn't they launch Disney Plus with a Marvel project?

Marvel's already had many TV shows both MCU and not, but a full Star Wars live-action TV series is still something kind of brand new (also, if you think about it, over a decade in the making since Lucas was considering a live-action TV series after the prequels were done, but it kept getting pushed back; although one of the scripts evolved into Rogue One).

In all fairness, both of those drop in about 2 weeks so the hype would be ramping up around now in any case.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

But I thought the reason why we weren't going to get Rian's films was because these guys were a lock?

Wait, you mean maybe all the rumor mongering that he won't be doing more Star Wars might have been just that...rumors?

Say it ain't so.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I knew this would happen. As soon as D&D knew they were secure with Netflix, they dropped Disney. The talk last year was D&D were getting a trilogy. Around the time GOT was wrapping up or after, that trilogy talk was reduced to one movie potentially.

Now D&D have left the building. The whole point of doing a year long hiatus for GOT between season 7 and 8, was to give themselves time to finish GOT and coordinate with Disney for Star Wars. They torpedoed Thrones and washed their hands of it. Now they're done with Star Wars before they even started.

They should've never given these blokes money.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    When you play the game of thrones you win or you die....or you get a fat deal from Netflix and nope out on Star Wars . https://deadline.com/2019/10/star-wa...gy-1202771184/
    Wonder if that means Rian Johnson's trilogy will get pushed up?

Where's Waldo...er...Rose Tico? Playing an even bigger role off course! She even had to learn how to shoot arrows while riding a space horse. Good thing she is a pro when it comes to riding space horses. Who can forget Canto Bight? And if you did manage to forget can you teach the rest of us how? https://movieweb.com/the-rise-of-sky...ole-star-wars/
    So glad to hear the sequel trilogy's "sixth Ranger" isn't being demoted to extra; she more then earned it.

Waiting for Godot aka Snyder cut aka It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown aka Rian Johnson trilogy news....Rian would love to but Star Wars has to wash it's hair and is going to be busy babysitting.
    What did I just read?

Star Wars fans line up in droves to lounge around and buy tickets from the comfort of their own homes https://deadline.com/2019/10/star-wa...me-1202765636/
    So much for internet trolls claims that the fans had rejected the sequel trilogy.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I guess this puts the theatrical future of Star Wars in a bit of uncertainty right now, as their trilogy was the next to go in a few years.

Wonder if "Rise" doesn't make enough money Kennedy might get let go at this point.
    don´t be ridiculous, plz.
    RoS is marketed as summing up the saga. even most haters will go and see how it will finish.

same after the atrocious AotC, RotS had a significantly higher attendance because folks wanted to see the final chapter.

it is a sure cash grab, despite of the movie´s quality.
    of course defenders will not stop mentioning, "oh it made a sh*tload of dollars and was the most profitable movie next to endgame, ofc it was a good movie. consumer zombie´s can´t be wrong, right?"
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    don´t be ridiculous, plz.
    RoS is marketed as summing up the saga. even most haters will go and see how it will finish.

same after the atrocious AotC, RotS had a significantly higher attendance because folks wanted to see the final chapter.

it is a sure cash grab, despite of the movie´s quality.
    of course defenders will not stop mentioning, "oh it made a sh*tload of dollars and was the most profitable movie next to endgame, ofc it was a good movie. consumer zombie´s can´t be wrong, right?"
    And how would you know of the quality already?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.