Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default MCU Villains Vs Thanos and His Army

Imagine a scenario in which Thanos comes to Earth a la Avengers: Endgame, but the army that emerges through portals at the end are the MCU's villains.

So it's Thanos and his forces (as seen in the final battle of Endgame) against...

Iron Monger
    Abomination
    Whiplash and his drones
    Loki
    Laufey and the Frost Giants
    Red Skull and his Hydra-weapon Nazis
    Aldrich Killian and his Extremis soldiers
    Malekith, Kurse and the Dark Elves
    The Winter Soldier, Brock Lumlow, Batroc and the Hydra Strike team
    Ronan, Korath and the Sakaarans
    Ultron and his drones
    Yellowjacket
    Kaecilius and his zealots
    Ego (human form)
    Vulture and Shocker
    Hela, Fenris and undead Asgardians
    Killmonger, his Wakandan followers and Klaue
    Ghost
    Yon-Rogg and his elite Kree unit
    Mysterio

Scenarios
    1) The Infinity Gauntlet is not in play at all.
    2) Thanos has the Infinity Gauntlet, but is limited to using it only in the specific ways he's used it on screen (not including the snap).

How goes it?
    Last edited by KJS; 10-31-2019 at 03:53 AM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Without the gauntlet, the Casket of Ancient Winters will freeze pretty much everyone on Team Thanos relatively instantly. Maybe Thanos and Cull will be left. They can be easily dumped, sliced, shrunk, black-hole-naded, just generally destroyed, all while being dogpiled by LOTS of chaff.

With the gauntlet, it's the other way around. We see Thanos drastically manipulate reality, turn people intangible, shoot out oodles of power, throw a moon, etc. It ought to also be able to absorb/transform the Casket's at-the-bell freeze attack, so his army isn't instantly statues.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Always glad to see a KJS thread pop up! =)

So, a looot of moving parts in this Rumble.

Hmm. Well, it's no secret at this point that I have a VERY high opinion of Hela. I honestly believe she could stride forward and slaughter the bulk of Thanos' army solo. Like a whirling spinning death ball, she would shrug off most of what's thrown at her and leave nothing but blood and dismembered limbs in her wake - including Cull and tougher opponents. I actually think she beats Thanos 1v1 as well.

They don't have a way to BFR her so... maaaybe a combo of Maw TK to hold her long enough for a decapitation from either Glaive or Thanos would take her out? She has so much support though, I doubt they get that done the majority out of 10.

Scenario 2, they have nothing to stop Thanos from sending out continent shredding energy pulses or reality warping effects at the bell. He can basically one shot the whole other team as it emerges from the portals.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Uh oh. Did Big and I just agree on something??
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Uh oh. Did Big and I just agree on something??
    It's happened before. No churches burned. No dictators toppled. No dogs and cats lived together peacefully.

I mean, we should be careful not to have **** like this happen too often or anything, obviously, but it's OK.

That aside, I totally left Hela there for you. I don't think that she'll even have time to do her thing to the army in the non-gauntlet addition, but I ABSOLUTELY agree that she could. She's all kinds of nasty.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Laufey is one of the most underrated MCU Villains. He was strong enough to shatter Asgardians with his blows. He and his army of Frost Giants will make a huge difference, especially when they combine their forces with the Dark Elves.

Side note:

Ego takes one look at Hela and thinks, "Daaaayum!"
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

I like how Loki is on the list more than once. Presumably one of them is an illusion.

Or one of Surtur, Destroyer, The Dorm, Mordo, Grandmaster, Collector, Supreme Intelligence, Executioner or Zemo wearing a Loki mask.

Mysterio's illusions are capable of having half Thanos his army fight the other half.
    Then we also have Hela and Ego and Kaecilius.....

Nah im not liking Thanos his odds...

With the gauntlet his chances improve greatly.

Done before. Just this time more baddies for team not Thanoa.

1: MCU baddies.

2: With the bling glove their chances go up, a lot.

Um, shouldn't Ego be able to solo this, seeing as he was a cosmic entity just in human appearance?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Um, shouldn't Ego be able to solo this, seeing as he was a cosmic entity just in human appearance?
    Just being "a cosmic entity" isn't a free pass to a win.

Odin's a "Skyfather", but would MCU Odin solo this?

It's specifically just Ego's human form, so he doesn't have access to his entire planet. Damage was dished out to him by Star-Lord's blaster (albeit not permanently). He can 100% be immobilised.

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    Just being "a cosmic entity" isn't a free pass to a win.

Odin's a "Skyfather", but would MCU Odin solo this?

It's specifically just Ego's human form, so he doesn't have access to his entire planet. Damage was dished out to him by Star-Lord's blaster (albeit not permanently). He can 100% be immobilised.
    I know you're the OP and can choose what form you want but the "human" Ego is just a manifestation of Ego the planet. Immobilizing him shouldn't have any affect on Ego. But it is a moot point in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    I know you're the OP and can choose what form you want but the "human" Ego is just a manifestation of Ego the planet. Immobilizing him shouldn't have any affect on Ego. But it is a moot point in this thread.
    But he doesn't have an entire planet to control - 99.99999% of his physical form is billions of miles away in space and not part of the fight. It makes a massive difference.

Yes, he's still very powerful, but he's not "a living planet" in this fight. He's a Celestial being in a 6 foot tall humanoid body.

And of course immobilising the human form of him would have an effect on him. The very nature of the term "immobilising" means he'd be "immobilised" if it happened. Star-Lord's blaster proved he could be damaged - but he was, of course, able to reform fairly quickly (quite possibly quicker than he would be if he wasn't on his planet, where all the matter around him "belonged to him", so to speak). My point is if a mere blaster can damage him, something more potent would be able to make reforming a lot harder for him - especially when his planet form isn't nearby.

Yeah. The Ego human body thing is not a one shot win here.

His fear of blowing up all those little ships was why after he met the Guardians he went to sleep.

He could go full kamikaze to take down people and sacrifice his mental body.

Also his body is fragile enough to be damaged ( I consider his regen being on his planet. On another he would go up in bits and have to resplendent on his planet self.)