Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post

Literally only Wanda's TP could be said to have a real relation to the stone she was made from, and even that is literally MORE powerful and developed then any TP feat the stone has solo. Like she literally overrides the Stones TP on the Doctor who was making Vision's body.
    Carol's flight speed might be related to the Space Stone, since Mar-Vell was using it to power an FTL drive, which is apparently otherwise impossible to space technology, unless they couldn't find any other sufficiently massive power source that could be contained or remotely accessed. Also, Ultron and eventually JARVIS attaining full sentience seems to be related to the Mind Stone being the basis of their construction/programming, though BP's little sister was pretty sure that she could safely extricate Vision from it, given enough time.

So I guess my issue with the warpdrive thing is ... didn't they have portal jumping technology that allowed them to go from one end of the universe the the next rather quickly ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Carol's flight speed might be related to the Space Stone, since Mar-Vell was using it to power an FTL drive, which is apparently otherwise impossible to space technology, unless they couldn't find any other sufficiently massive power source that could be contained or remotely accessed. Also, Ultron and eventually JARVIS attaining full sentience seems to be related to the Mind Stone being the basis of their construction/programming, though BP's little sister was pretty sure that she could safely extricate Vision from it, given enough time.
    I could see Carol's flight speed perhaps. All of her other powers are a total mystery however.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    So I guess my issue with the warpdrive thing is ... didn't they have portal jumping technology that allowed them to go from one end of the universe the the next rather quickly ?
    Yes, but no. As explored in GotG 2, it's a network of jump points. Designated areas in known space where one has to physically access the warp jump. Even Ronan as he fled Carol said "retreat to the jump point" or something.

If it's designated locations where jumping can occur, then the Kree (or whoever has enough resources) can monitor or secure these points. This is why the Skrull had such difficulty fleeing Kree attacks and why they needed a different form of fast transit to get away from them.

At least... that's how I /think/ it all works.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Like The Arbiter said, they had a network of portals, which have to be traversed in a certain order to get to specific locations, whereas full on FTL means that someone can go wherever they want off the grid and non-FTL vehicles will likely need years (at least) to find them. To say nothing of the tactical advantage of being able to functionally teleport in and out of an opponent's effective range, or just let go of a rock while flying towards a ship/planet at FTL speeds, then change direction so you can get out of the blast radius before the relativistic missile hits.

It's basically the difference between being able to travel by train and being able to travel by supersonic jet.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 11-09-2019 at 09:03 PM.