Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Except, Kathy would be about 7-8 years younger then Jon, at the least.
    If there is going to be a timeskip the only problem would be age gap. If they take 8 or 10 years leap. Its perfectly possible for jon to have kathy as girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    The problematic character continues to be Lois, since she ages quicker than Clark (and I'm not anxious to see her killed in order to avoid that).
    My solution would be to have her put into stasis following complications from Lara's birth. Kryptonian technology is used to heal her the same way Clark was healed after dying. Maybe she is revived from stasis early in 5G and finds it has slowed her aging process. As a result, she is still vital and active and for the time being and is age-appropriate as Clark's wife.
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean here? Why does aging Lois anywhere between 3 to 5 years along with everyone else be problematic? The new timeline not withstanding, she's drawn to be a healthy and physically active woman in her 30s or very early 40s. Adding on 3 to 5 years for that shouldn't stop her for being that, right?

_____

You bring up an interesting point about Jimmy. Like with Lois (though I'm now leaning towards her continuing to work with the the detectives from the Leviathan case like Bendis seems to imply), I'm kind of hesitant to say anything for sure till his book points towards something. Maybe he buys out the Planet out from under Leone, and he becomes Perry's boss (that'd be pretty funny given the interactions so far)? I feel like the Superman: Heroes special will add a few more clues as to what Jimmy may be up to in the future.

He's an easy one: bet you Melody Moore becomes acting fire chief rather than deputy. Or, you know, maybe she runs for mayor after being inspired by Clark?! The fires don't really have much of an impact on the story anymore, and we learned that it was more a systemic issue, so graduating her to that could make sense. Jon would then be dealing with "Mayor Moore".
    #MakeAlexGreatAgain

"Your videos give us hope. They give us strength in these times of slow normals, Chun-Li costumes and rampant New York fires.
    We shall overcome. The day will come when we are all warmed up."

-Coffee That

PM me if you tryina mix it up in SFV (and Dragon Ball FighterZ). Just know: the hypa bomb takes no prisoners.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Dude, you're not even wrong now that I think about it. The things that keep me coming back to this is the fact that on two occasions Bendis has the text itself compare the two even when they haven't met.

There's also small stuff like the fact that both of them are stated to be 17, and that being of note since Bendis is writing a bunch of teens, new and old, yet he's only given traceable ages to these two. The only exception to this is Teen Lantern, but she, ironically, is 11 years old.
    You could be right. But this could also just be Bendis establishing ages for new characters (and Jon, who's in a very new situation).

Maybe he is foreshadowing something between Jon and Naomi. Or he's just covering the basics. With Jon, he got aged up off-panel and there's a lot of variance and variety within the "teenager" demo, so Bendis has to nail down Jon's age. Same with Naomi; she's a new character with her own book, we gotta know how old she is. We'd expect her to act differently if she's only 15 or 14 as opposed to 17.

Everyone else is part of a team title and/or already have their ages established. We know Teen Lantern is 11, we know Tim Drake is 16, and by extension we can figure out how old Conner, Cassie, and Bart are. That just leaves Jinny Hex, and some upcoming issues are focusing on her so her age might be revealed there.

But right now it all just feels like I've got my tinfoil hat on hahaha. But I tell ya man, I really, really would dig the prospect of them getting together. If he's got in mind something with as much care as Luke and Jessica, then I'm in.
    I mean....a little bit, yeah.

But that doesn't mean you're wrong, either.

TAKE WITH GRAIN OF SALT: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/11...d-black-label/

Basically the idea, apparently, is to have 5G take the main line and then they'll also launch a number of new oversized (no word on if they're monthly, but given their size and price I doubt it) Black Label titles with Clark as Superman, and the rest of the replaced heroes in their mantles at $7.99 each.

Logistically, I have no earthly idea how this is meant to work if it's even close to true. But conceptually, I think the idea is sound. The vets would be the ones who they could count on to buy something like that, and Black Label is already kind of for the comic reading experienced as much as it's for the bookstore crowd.
    I think I'd flip that, honestly.

Does DC really think that old school fans, who have proven time and again to resist change on any level, are gonna roll with a totally new mainline continuity just because they can read the old, classic characters in a Black Label book every few months (or longer?). I suspect that if this rumor is true, the direct market sales are going to disappoint greatly, and the Black Label sales will be great. But doing the reverse; keeping the mainline continuity as it is with 5G as a regular Black Label thing? That could work.

Ah well, if the rumor is true then I get to play the "who knows business theory better?" game with DC again.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

Bridge Four!

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean here? Why does aging Lois anywhere between 3 to 5 years along with everyone else be problematic? The new timeline not withstanding, she's drawn to be a healthy and physically active woman in her 30s or very early 40s. Adding on 3 to 5 years for that shouldn't stop her for being that, right?
    The Lois issue is less the time jump, than the OTHER part of the overall 2G-3G-4G-5G timeline (that I didn't really speak to in my original post, to be fair).

ALL of the trinity will now have started their careers much earlier chronologically. Example: Clark active as Superboy in the late 50's.
    By default this ages up everyone including their supporting casts. It isn't clear from the leaked timeline exactly when Lois shows up, but if it coincides with Clark's modern age stories (now set in earlier decades than with the current sliding timeline), Lois is going to quickly age out of being age-appropriate for Clark.
    Do we really want a 60 year old Lois running around with a 40's-looking Clark?

This is why I'm suggesting something that would create a break between Lois's first appearance and her modern appearances, with an assumption that she wasn't aging in between. A "held in stasis for X number of years" explanation. This is the same type of logic that would be needed for any golden age JSAers to be running around without looking their true ages (100 years old or more at this point).