Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Not according to this timeline, no. Wonder Woman came first in the 1930s.
    What I mean is they can easily write in alternate versions of the characters or the character set in a different time period.

So is 5G not a secret anymore, outlets can now asked them about it or can it only relate to what Doomsday Clock stated b/c the way the cbr interview worded their question was weird right...

I mean seriously "was that a wink to the 5G universe?" Did DDC ever reference 5G before the final issue, does the timeline Didio talked about reference anything about 5G, let me know, b/c the only thing out there about 5G has come from BC so what exactly would Doomsday Clock be "winking" at. If you have no knowledge about the rumors and you see 5G mentioned, you wouldn't count that as a wink but just part of the storyline or something DC may or may not do in 6 years time.

Basically, this question and answer is a slip up.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I totally remember that. You're right. But I think my point still stands. Bendis and Gleason both would have to have gone into Young Justice knowing 5G would be happening. So creating a character named Teen Lantern who is not a teen--but rather an 11 year old-- seems kind of like an odd choice unless you know they'll be a teen soon. Again, why not 13? Why not even 12 and a half (the joke being "I'm almost a teen")?
    I mean I guess, my whole point is teen lantern could have been any new character and would have been unrelated to 5G and the only reason why she is now is b/c she can easily be used; you're thinking Gleason and Bendis cared or took 5G in consideration in relation to this character, I don't think they did considering Gleason always wanted that character to exist and Bendis wanted to make the Young Justice book just as much Gleason's as it is his, that's why I said it's emotional.

So the character's age is not important b/c it was probably not given serious thought, they could have given her a better name but it's better than preteen lantern lol.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 12-20-2019 at 06:36 AM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I mean I guess, my whole point is teen lantern could have been any new character and would have been unrelated to 5G and the only reason why she is now is b/c she can easily be used;

So the character's age is not important b/c it was probably not given serious thought, they could have given her a better name but it's better than preteen lantern lol.
    Right. And I totally agree, but I think you misunderstand the point I'm trying to make. Hopefully I can do a better job at explaining my line of thinking this time.

Basically, I'm saying that they would've had to have created Teen Lantern with the knowledge that 5G would happen relatively soon after she first appeared. No character is created in a vacuum, and just allowed to be. Every single time a character is introduced or reintroduced the creators have to be aware of the context of the universe, what state it's currently in, and what state it's going to be in with upcoming plans. They had to do that with Teen Lantern.

A pretty direct and relevant example is the fact that Bendis famously didn't actually know he was coming on to reboot Legion. He assumed he was just coming in to relaunch them. This would then strongly imply that he assumed that he was going to be writing them as young adults/adults like we last saw them. But once he realized that it was a reboot, he deaged them and took and Ultimate Spider-Man approach to them. Now this is relevant because we now know that Jon will be aging up to be a young adult in the future before he comes back to be Superman, right? Logic dictates that the rest of the Legion will be aging in real time alongside him, thus basically allowing him to get back to his original pitch and assumptions when coming on the book aka writing the Legion as young adults.

Teen Lantern seems to be similar to this in the sense they likely created her with the knowledge that the present day DCU would be undergoing a skip in time, so introduced her younger than a teen so that she'd still be a teen when 5G came, thus keeping the name they were so proud of: Teen Lantern. I'm sure there was a pitch for her where they made her an age contemporary to Conner, Tim, and Cassie, but them putting that into the context of 5G, she'd likely hit 18 or 20 something like the rest of them will if this time skip is to happen. Bendis and Gleason have repeatedly said how pleased with the name and idea they were that I'm sure Teen Lantern was conceptualized as a "forever teen" character. That being a character who is nebulously a teenager forever. If you make her 11 before the time skip then, she hits that age range, and she stays that way. Essentially, like with the Legion, after the time skip Bendis then gets to write closer to the namesake of the character as originally conceptualized.

This is why I've never believed any reports saying that she'd be the new Green Lantern for the new Justice League. She also represents somewhat compelling possible evidence in support of the present day DCU time skip theory.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

News from Bendis. He gives us two pretty big confirmations.

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...23684024844288

Question: "is there any one else that live to the 31 century from the 21 century beside rose and thorn? Also is new krypton still around I would love to John visiting it in the 31 century."

Bendis: GREAT Q! we have a list, hero & villain, that COULD be around in 31st century. was going to drop a big one in the first issue but then it became all about that person. we want to focus on the legion. but end of first arc. YUP. & HELL yes to krypton

So, Zod's New Krypton is confirmed to survive into the distant future, and it seems likely that Jon's gonna get to see it, so that awesome. Makes me even more interested in what Bendis has in mind for New Krypton and house Zod when 5G hits.

Also, apparently I'm interested in that list of characters that may still be around in the 31st century. He says that by the end of the first arc we'll get that first character they wanted to reveal in issue 1 who was still alive. Issue 5 in March doesn't seem like the end of the arc from what the solicit says (plus Bendis' arcs tend to run longer than 5 issues), so I'm gonna assume Mon-El isn't the character that's still around from the 21st century. So, that would imply that he was born in the 31st century, and is connected to Jon in another way.

Hard to say who it could be though.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    The use of Legion time travel also means that teen Jon can show up in the present day even after his adult self has returned too, because time travel is weird.
    It is not weird it just requires a lot of world building/exposition, and tremendous planning.