Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Judging from some spoilers I've been provided I think I get what he's talking about in a general sense. But I don't have the whole picture either, just a piece. And while I'm still not happy for or will be on board for 5G itself, Doomsday Clock's finale provides potential for opportunities for stuff that would be more up my alley. If its anything they'd want to capitalize on at all, of course.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Care to spoiler tag those spoilers and share them, SK?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Actually, where I got the info from wishes to stay private so I can't right now, my apologies but gotta respect the source. But its only two days away and we can talk about it then, if I'm interpreting it right in the first place. Sorry for dangling the fruit in the meantime, that's my bad, I should have checked first before even hinting at anything.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-16-2019 at 04:55 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

No worries dude. Good on you for being respectful of their wishes
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I do feel bad I didn't think to ask first though! But, not too much longer to wait to digest it all.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

DDC #12 hints that the heroes will return in 2025 during a Crisis and 5G will become its own earth after that (Earth-5G).

Good luck to DC if they really believe they can drag the 5G initiative for five years before getting the heroes back.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    DDC #12 hints that the heroes will return in 2025 during a Crisis and 5G will become its own earth after that (Earth-5G).

Good luck to DC if they really believe they can drag the 5G initiative for five years before getting the heroes back.
    Well New 52 lasted for about five years so that’s probably what they’re hoping for lol.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Well New 52 lasted for about five years so that’s probably what they’re hoping for lol.
    Rebirth and the post-IC relaunch too (2016/2021 and 2006/2011 respectively). I guess DiDio just looked back at the duration of his previous relaunches to set an expiration date for 5G.

BANNED

5G gets formed but Superman moves ahead in time. Earth 0 is 4G, the past is altered again.

The new meta overrides the old meta.

Okay. Jesus. Lot to unpack in general, but also a lot to unpack with 5G aside from, well, it just straight up being confirmed.

* 6 years into the DCU's timeline is when 5G will happen.

* Clark being Superboy is once again a thing, and today's issue of Legion of Super-Heroes confirms it further.

* Lex has given Lois the story of a lifetime, but she worries that telling it--telling the world about how messed up time is--will just cause a panic. This seems like what Bendis was setting up with Lois' gift from Lex. Remember, she said that it was something that she needed to workout and publish. The idea seems to be the vilification of the press for telling the truth that people may not be able to handle, thus putting the "villain" in Lois' villains month time in.

* Last but not least, after the "Time Masters" Crisis, in DC's 2026 the timeline will be "restored" and 5G happens.

What I found interesting about that panel was the fact unlike all the other panels before it, Superman's face is not seen--just his cape. Then apparently it'll be Superman finding Batman's daughter to save Batman's son. Seems like they're pointing towards the idea of Jon being that Superman given the fact that it's very likely Damian, his best friend, that's in trouble. And apparently Jon, our 5G Superman, will be the one fighting Thor and having "green behemoths" help him out.

Over in today's Legion of Super-Heroes, there are a few not-so-subtle nods at Jon becomes Superman such as Ultra Boy's "you're super, man" line that I ALL of us would've made given the chance lol And there's also the opening page that says "Superman spotted in metropolis".

Also Bendis said this on Instagram

Bendis: "By issue five we will reveal what the deep connection this book has to what’s going on in the post doomsday clock DC universe. Find out how the future is effecting the present right now."

I'm once again reminded of the fact that Legion of Super-Heroes: Millennium issue #2 has Melody walking through the museum where Booster Gold worked, and she sees all of the contradictory timelines like the silver age, golden age, flashpoint, and so on. That seems to line up with the idea that Lois will in fact publish the knowledge that time has been rewritten multiple times (thus lander her the biggest story in the history of...well....anything really).

Btw, now that its out, it was the explanation for the meta/multiverse and how it grows and why that I was referring to earlier.

Also yes, now that it is officially back/in the multiverse, I will be actively hoping for Earth-52 to be utilized. Whatever the chances at least its out there.

What did Johns mean though by "Earth-1985" and it not being explored? Is he just talking about that messy period when COIE was over, but not everything relaunched at the same time?
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-18-2019 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    5G gets formed but Superman moves ahead in time. Earth 0 is 4G, the past is altered again.

The new meta overrides the old meta.
    Speaking practically (as in what is likely to be the publishing model), I think there's a very good chance that DC may--and Sacred Knight this is gonna sting a bit-- the old publishing model where they have a main Earth with all of the modern heroes and updated legacies, and a Earth where they continue the adventures of the classic heroes. Earth-5G aka Earth-0 and Earth-1985 aka Earth-Silver Age basically become the new Earths 1 and 2.

I'm guessing this because, with all the subtlety of a megaphone, Doomsday Clock issue 12 says that Earth-1985 is "a world unexplored even today", and Earth-5G seems to just be the designation given to the continuation of Earth-0 aka 4G, the current timeline and Earth.

So literally, it's DC saying "hey, all you classic diehards out there! It doesn't actually get more classic than this" with the continued adventures of the Silver and Bronze age heroes now being a thing. It's them literally and symbolically doing the same thing they did when Earths 1 and 2 were made.

Really didn't think they'd have the stones. But it makes sense.

Hmm, interesting take on "Earth 1985" (right after I asked about it but I think you posted this before seeing my question, lol). It wouldn't surprise me. In such a situation, depending on how the other Earth was utilized, that could potentially become my new home, so to speak. I'd give it a chance at least. If it was literally on its own and not beholden to what the canon future of 5G is, leaving the possibilities of its own growth open and independent (and judging by the way these Earths are described by Johns at least, it would be as its a division, and in theory those divisions would seemingly chart its own course as it'd be omitting the changes that caused the split in the first place), it could peak my interest even if not verbatim the idea I've had for so long.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-18-2019 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    What did Johns mean though by "Earth-1985" and it not being explored? Is he just talking about that messy period when COIE was over, but not everything relaunched at the same time?
    See my above post. You may not like it given that it kind of takes your idea but leaves out the New-52 part of it.

DiDio mentioned it when he was talking about the timeline and how 2G has yet to have all of its stories told. 2G being the point in the timeline where Earth-1985 branched off before 3G.

Basically, Earth-1985 aka the Silver/Bronze age become the new Golden age aka Earth-2 to Earth-5G aka Earth-0's Earth-1. Literally giving a space for readers still looking for new stories about the classics, and readers looking for new takes with new idea.

Expect, a homage to when that classic JLA cover where the teams of Earth 1 and 2 meet.

Haha, we're posting at the same time but yeah, my thoughts are above too.