Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default How should team-ups with non-mutant superheroes be handled?

Just thought it'd be interesting to discuss.

It depends on the heroes in question. I'd imagine the mini with the FF would have a rocky start, but things will probably end alright with Franklin being given a Krakoan flower so that he can visit Krakoa anytime. For people like Spider-Man, Deadpool and Hulk, I'd imagine that things would be about the same, minus the Krakoan flower. Now if it's the Avengers, the Squadron Supreme or any government sanctioned "heroes", or ones that got issues with mutants, they can get these mutant hands.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

Key word: Team-ups. I don't want to see the same ol' isht of misunderstanding, fighting, lecturing, accusations and the whole schtick that goes along with it.

Each side is trying to save lives so less acrimony, more working together.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    It depends on the heroes in question. I'd imagine the mini with the FF would have a rocky start, but things will probably end alright with Franklin being given a Krakoan flower so that he can visit Krakoa anytime. For people like Spider-Man, Deadpool and Hulk, I'd imagine that things would be about the same, minus the Krakoan flower. Now if it's the Avengers, the Squadron Supreme or any government sanctioned "heroes", or ones that got issues with mutants, they can get these mutant hands.
    The Avengers aren't government sanctioned anymore.

They should follow my golden rule of team-up stories, which is the story has to be more than two unique parties interacting. Maybe that's how you sell it, but that can't be the story or the main appeal.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    The Avengers aren't government sanctioned anymore.
    But they are affiliated with Wakanda, and they don't have a good relationship with Krokoa. And taking into account how T'Challa runs things, I'd be weary of the overgrown cat dude.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

Astonishing Member

But they are affiliated with Wakanda, and they don't have a good relationship with Krokoa. And taking into account how T'Challa runs things, I'd be weary of the overgrown cat dude.
    Considering he’s dating someone on the Council and supportive of mutant rights I don’t think there’s much to be weary about. Obviously there’s tension but it doesn’t need to escalate unless (more like until) something unexpected happens. If the X-Men are gonna be chummy with the Fantastic Four by the end of their mini I don’t expect there to be too much conflict between the X-Men and the Avengers. Cooler heads could prevail for now, especially considering the leaders involved.
    Last edited by chief12d; 10-27-2019 at 02:41 PM.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

You mean because of Wakanda rejecting the Krakoan miracle drugs that nearly every other major human country on Marvel Earth accepted in exchange for recognizing Krakoa as a nation?

As for the original question, I would prefer that the team-ups be handled with mutual respect, though to get there, there has to be some reckoning for how nonmutant superheroes have ignored "mutant issues" all these years. After all, "Truth and Reconciliation" may go together, but "truth" must come before "reconciliation," even if truth is hard to hear --- or bear.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Key word: Team-ups. I don't want to see the same ol' isht of misunderstanding, fighting, lecturing, accusations and the whole schtick that goes along with it.

Each side is trying to save lives so less acrimony, more working together.
    Enough of hero vs hero fights

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I dunno. I think that with a decentralized X-Men model, mutants all over Krakoa that have only ever been X-men adjacent should feel compelled to form alliances and with whatever non mutant from the MU all over the damn place. Like, I wanna see a world where Warpath and Ghost Rider take down Bullseye and yes in damn deed I wanna see a world where the Mastermind Sisters, Monet, and Cersi bust up parts of Roxxon.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I dunno. I think that with a decentralized X-Men model, mutants all over Krakoa that have only ever been X-men adjacent should feel compelled to form alliances and with whatever non mutant from the MU all over the damn place. Like, I wanna see a world where Warpath and Ghost Rider take down Bullseye and yes in damn deed I wanna see a world where the Mastermind Sisters, Monet, and Cersi bust up parts of Roxxon.
    That last one would be great to see.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Well, for one, I would like a team-up where no team is necessarily demonized. That's overdone and boring. I don't want to read a X-Men/(Whatever) where it's just the X-Men confronting the other hero on 'why he hasn't helped mutants' or something along those lines. It's honestly vindictive and, as a reader, I already know the reason so I find these scenarios boring.

On the other hand. I think it should be a must that these team-ups deal, some way or the other, with the hero's stance on mutantkind. Have Spider-Man start the story by saving a mutant kid from lynching because 'they are also neighbors' or the Avengers help some mutant refugees get to Krakoa. Have Thor remind the X-Men that he never judges people by what they say of them. Honestly, just whatever you find good to leave clear the stance of the hero regarding mutants. Then let them go against a mutual problem. It doesn't have to be mutant-related. But the non-X characters almost never get the chance to express or interact with elements in the X-Books, and it would be great if they were allowed in these Team-Ups.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I also feel like this is a good opportunity to bring up the Inhuman situation again.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Cross-brand comparison again...

Superman (to Batman): Vengeance is the night?
    Batman (grimace): Up, Up and away.
    *mutual punch to Doctor Double X*
    ~ Batman v3 #36 by Tom King

Something like that.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi