Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    That part makes a lot of sense but now it makes me think could KRakoa be stunting mutant growth. Like we know Sage can jump start mutation but if your living on a paradise what reason does your power have to shockingly manifest?
    Maybe we will discover what powers happy and well adjusted, non-traumatised mutants are like. It would be a nice change.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Well culturally it would be a rite of passage. But as children born in a culture where the X-Gene is prized they will probably test for the X-gene. Maybe I am still not getting your concern. A child with the gene is still a mutant. They just haven’t manifested their powers. I don’t think this will become like the original Inhumans situation though. I wouldn’t expect them to judge those who don’t manifest powers.
    Yeah, I'm hoping they won't be glorifying the eugenics route, personally...maybe true co-existence starts at home? With the human family members that're born amongst them?

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Well culturally it would be a rite of passage. But as children born in a culture where the X-Gene is prized they will probably test for the X-gene. Maybe I am still not getting your concern. A child with the gene is still a mutant. They just haven’t manifested their powers. I don’t think this will become like the original Inhumans situation though. I wouldn’t expect them to judge those who don’t manifest powers.
    I don't really have a concern about it but your post after this one gave me some hope of seeing how mutants manifest under normal, happy conditions. I was more just speculating on the society itself. Like how different will mutant society end up. For me personally if i could just have a talking child past diaper ages i would proably be happy to have kids but i know i don't want to deal with that stuff. So given its a mutant society the idea of how pre manifested youth will be raised i find fascinating. So far the really young mutants we have seen have been more the nightcrawler type of mutants.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I don't think they can "age up"? They can choose when to "reboot" a character's personality and they can modify them physically a bit but that seems different from "aging up" a damn baby or child? Idk man that's a bit out there for me. Like how would they even predict the baby's future personality and all of that? It doesn't make sense.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I don't think they can "age up"? They can choose when to "reboot" a character's personality and they can modify them physically a bit but that seems different from "aging up" a damn baby or child? Idk man that's a bit out there for me. Like how would they even predict the baby's future personality and all of that? It doesn't make sense.
    Lord Claremont only knows
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

There's enough slight mustache-twirling that I wouldn't be surprised if this happens.

This has been the biggest thought on my mind. And i don't really have any insight so it may be a DOA thread but in a mutant society when you can age up reincarnations. In the world of Krakoa, would a birth start at birth or at whatever age a mutant's powers manifest?
    Factually, mutants are active carriers of the X-gene. So the individuals who carry that gene are mutants from the moment of their conception, in the womb.
    They ARE mutants and are born that way.
    Now, will Krakoa' society consider them as mutants from this factual standpoint, or will they consider them as mutants from the moment their mutant power manifest, as some sort of rite of passage, remains to be seen.
    There were societies who used to consider girls to be women the moment they started to have their periods for example. Others that considered boys to be men after their first succesfull kill while Hunting. And so on and so forth.
    Bottom line being, it's conceivable the Kraked' society veers into that direction at some point: that individuals are considered as mutants the moment they manifest their powers for the first time.
    Maybe have them choose their mutant name at that point too, make it a ceremony or Something approaching.

That being said, I Don't think for an instant that "aging up" babies to reach a point in their development where they can manifest their mutant powers (typically during their teenage years) is an option that should even be considered.
    It would send so many negative subtexts:
    1. Individuals are defined on Krakoa by them manifesting an active power,
    2. Individuals who Don't manifest an active power hold little value to society, they need to have their power triggered artificially/be aged up,
    3. Children are ultimately useless.
    This would be akin to resume mutants to be simple resources to be grown and exploited.
    An extremely cynical and morally-bankrupt path to walk on imo, especially when we know there's an history of extremists who considered and still consider mutants to be just that.
    I hope this never happen.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Yeah, I'm hoping they won't be glorifying the eugenics route, personally...maybe true co-existence starts at home? With the human family members that're born amongst them?
    It feels like the last thing the mutants will do is go down a eugenics route. That is the path Orchis is walking down, and I am not sure they even fully understand that yet. Moira does though.

It is a very current topic again, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it in the books. There is a hint of thematic mirroring between Orchis and Mutants, so they may explore these kinds of ideas, but actually going down that path in the long term would be anathema to this status quo.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

This does seem like a likely plot point which could rear it's head. Fits into the murky world of Xavier.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

This isn't Star Wars Episode 2.
    "Cable was right!"

It's funny how these days people always seem to expect the worst.

Although it cannot be said to be impossible at the same time, it would mean for the X-men and mutants to fall to the level of their most hated enemies. Does anyone really believe that this scenario would be accepted by Krakoa leaders for the most part without objection?

I can see specific situations with certain individuals but then steal the childhood of mutants childrens? Even by Xavier's current standard this would go too far with too many demerits to even consider.

The goal of the cloning and resurrection plan is precisely to prevent Krakoa from losing mutants for both defense and population maintenance. There is no need to make children get older quickly just to manifest their powers.

Krakoa was created to be a refuge treating children in this way would only create friction and trouble between the population and their leaders. The goal is exactly to give the mutant children a safe life that they probably wouldn't have out of Krakoa.
    Last edited by Knives; 10-30-2019 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    It's funny how these days people always seem to expect the worst.

Although it cannot be said to be impossible at the same time, it would mean for the X-men and mutants to fall to the level of their most hated enemies. Does anyone really believe that this scenario would be accepted by Krakoa leaders for the most part without objection?

I can see specific situations with certain individuals but then steal the childhood of mutants childrens? Even by Xavier's current standard this would go too far with too many demerits to even consider.

The goal of the cloning and resurrection plan is precisely to prevent Krakoa from losing mutants for both defense and population maintenance. There is no need to make children get older quickly just to manifest their powers.

Krakoa was created to be a refuge treating children in this way would only create friction and trouble between the population and their leaders. The goal is exactly to give the mutant children a safe life that they probably wouldn't have out of Krakoa.
    I guess it would depend on what one sees as bad. I don't think of it as a bad thing but i can see how others may, But my first thought isn't "oh the horror if it all." I don't see how exploring it makes mutants evil but i can see why it may bother people. In a story about mutants and a world with mutant powers i don't personally see it as some horror story if mutants are aged to a point where they can contribute to this particular society. I'm willing to let my mind explore things without first putting judgement on it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I guess it would depend on what one sees as bad. I don't think of it as a bad thing but i can see how others may, But my first thought isn't "oh the horror if it all." I don't see how exploring it makes mutants evil but i can see why it may bother people. In a story about mutants and a world with mutant powers i don't personally see it as some horror story if mutants are aged to a point where they can contribute to this particular society. I'm willing to let my mind explore things without first putting judgement on it.
    Imagine you are a mutant who has been arrested or persecuted in your country. Then you decide to flee to Krakoa with your family to have a common and happy life away from the persecution of humans. Then a leader of Krakoa comes to you and says:

You must give me your child so that I can experiment on them and turn him into an adult so that he can be useful to our community.

Not exactly a good way to sell Krakoa's image to mutants and their children in my opinion. It would be like switching one dictator for another.

Maybe in the future when mutants have a culture other than human something like this might be possible but such a drastic change considering the history of experimentation and persecution would only undermine the paradise image that Xavier wants to sell is not practical, intelligent or strategic.

The X-Men may have decided to take off the gloves and adapt on behalf of the future of his people but they will not make their people the same as humans did.

The protocols explain that the body and soul has to have a synchronization as perfect as possible for the process to work. That's why Cyclops needs its visor and Chamber is still jawless.

Probably trying to introduce a childish mind into an adult body is disastrous.