Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Incredible Member

as a child , salem's lot scared the crap out of me , made me afraid of looking out at windows for a while.

Holy crap, Galaxy of Terror burns itself into my brain.

"Blair Witch Project" didn't have scares throughout, but it just kept ratcheting up the tension more and more and more and more and put these ideas in your head, so that by the end of the movie, seeing a guy standing in the corner was the scariest thing I'd ever seen.

As a kid the Zelda scene in Pet Semetery scared the crap out of me.

As an adult Idiocracy because I think we might be headed there.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I remember seeing a movie as a child called 'Are You Afraid Of The Dark". It was about this woman and her husband who are restoring an old house and they release these creatures from the boarded up fireplace. The woman keeps seeing these little creatures all over the house but no one believes her. In the end, the creatures finally drag her down into the basement with them. I was terrified for weeks after seeing that movie.
    they remade it (Guy Pearce was the father).

A Tale of Two Sisters, 2003.

Freaked me out.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Oh, yeah! Almost forgot about It's Alive (1974)! The murderous, mutant baby scared the piss out of me!

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

The Strangers scared the crap out of me just for how, real, it felt. Same for the original Black Christmas as well.

I depends on your age. When I was a kid even Muppet Show scared me (Animal and some of the others looked so dangerous). But it was probably some of the movies we rented on VHS before I was a teenager that scared me the most. The Shining, Phantasm, The Changeling and Salem's Lot. I think it was the last one I found scariest.

Fantastic Member

Pretty much everything everyone has named scared me. But as a young child, I saw a movie called "Die Monster Die," which was the first movie I saw that scared the hell out of me. I saw it much later and it was creepy as hell and I could definitely see why it terrified me as a 5-year-old.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    As an adult Idiocracy because I think we might be headed there.
    You sir are an optimist!

Personally I think we're already there, and we're heading for much, much dumber...until we go extinct.

Suspiria 2018. Body horror is one thing, but the anticipation of body horror is something else entirely. And hoo boy is there a lot of it.

Amazing Member

Have you seen Dolls (1987) or the Night Gallery episode "The Doll"? They will cause an aversion to dolls if one doesn't have one already!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gorosaurus View Post
    Have you seen Dolls (1987) or the Night Gallery episode "The Doll"? They will cause an aversion to dolls if one doesn't have one already!
    Or the third segment of the 1975 ABC telemovie, Trilogy of Terror which saw Karen Black menaced by a knife wielding fetish doll. If the ending below didn't make you wet your pants, you had ice in your veins:

Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 11-13-2019 at 06:05 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!