Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Creed doesn't have any choice but to stay under Krakoa. lol Sorry couldn't resist.

The utopia will start to crumble sooner or later. It's just a question of where it's gonna start. Apocalypse seems to be playing a long game. So he may be all right for a bit.

So risk factors that can come sooner are.
    • Magneto
    • Mystique
    • Sinister
    • Emplate
    • Selene

We just wait for someone on this list to break bad first.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-29-2019 at 07:04 PM.

BANNED

It's inevitable.........

Someone is going to screw this up for Mutants. My Money is on Selene TBH................

Not a snowball’s chance in hell. Too many different butting ideologies. It’s basically a powder keg covered in nitroglycerin surrounded by a natural gas leak with a dash of everclear sitting on top. It’s just waiting for a single spark and then will come the fireworks.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

There are always disagreements on strategy and goals, and differences in personality and background.

Sabretooth was already exiled so not sure why you mention him in the OP as a "potential", it already happened

I mean I get how you're trying to frame things here OP you desperately want this status quo undone ASAP and to go back to the "good old days" but it's not happening at least not for quite a while.

I do believe we will see differences emerge though, they're already hinted at. I blame Moira much more than I'd blame Mystique though for a conflict that could emerge over Destiny not being revived.

Also I think they're honestly playing Apocalypse's transition to "Good Boy" straight up and he'll actually become trusted and relied-on. I could be wrong but it really feels that way for me.

Don't forget some mutants aren't in Krakoa like Namor. Sinister is portrayed as totally nuts. And there are differences between other characters who aren't even typically villains, like the way Rogue/Gambit feel about Krakoa may differ from how Cyclops or Wolverine does, and so on.

Plus ultimately Moira/Xavier/Mags are sort of keeping tons of secrets from literally everyone else and that's probably eventually going to produce tensions
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Sabretooth was already exiled so not sure why you mention him in the OP as a "potential", it already happened

I mean I get how you're trying to frame things here OP you desperately want this status quo undone ASAP and to go back to the "good old days" but it's not happening at least not for quite a while.
    Whoops, forgot about Sabretooth.

And no, I actually want this to be the status quo, I sure don't want to go back to endless extinction events.

Extraordinary Member

Well, duh. You have two many cooks in the kitchen and they're basically setting up a scenario which allows more extreme ideologies to emerge.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Well, duh. You have two many cooks in the kitchen and they're basically setting up a scenario which allows more extreme ideologies to emerge.
    Of course, sparks will surely fly when the other cooks find a rat under someone's hat cooking for them.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Of course, sparks will surely fly when the other cooks find a rat under someone's hat cooking for them.
    And who is the rat? Moira? Apocalypse? Sinister? There are too many choices! There's just no practical way this can't implode.

If this is the new status quo for mutants then, yeah they’re gonna stay united. That doesn’t mean conflict won’t ever arise but everyone’s insistence that everything’s just waiting to fall to shit are missing the entire point of HOXPOX.

BANNED

Will jean do something? I know she's not Hickman's fav.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Will jean do something? I know she's not Hickman's fav.
    She is most definitely a hickman favorite. Which is kinda ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Got a lot of power players on Krakoa. Will guys like Apocalypse, Mystique and Sabretooth stay under the umbrella of Krakoa, or will they eventually make their own path?
    Well, it's obvious the Kraked won't remain "united" Under Xavier forever - what nation could?
    It would be unnatural for mutants to not stray in various directions in the future, about the way things are being handled internally on the island or the path their nation should take in the future.
    There will be discordant voices Inside Krakoa, and maybe even direct opposition/challenge to its current regime. Which is healthy imo, all sensibilities should be accounted for in a country.
    So far, this coopted oligarchy Don't seem to have représentatives from the people for example - the Everyday mutant who are on that island but Don't have any kind of affiliation with any group in the X-verse. How long can THAT last?
    And as you rightfully pointed out, powerful mutants with varying ideologies are living on that island now. They too are a question mark, even bigger than the one about Everyday mutants.
    All in all, no, I Don't think mutants will remain united - and I think it's a normal process in a country to have opposing voices Inside it.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

the villains will be some trouble as JDW confirmed it in his last interview, but that's for tension. Krakoa and mutantkind as a whole will remain united for a long time I think. They do want drama but they also want a positive status quo for the X-Men for a change and not continue the usual distructive approach.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Got a lot of power players on Krakoa. Will guys like Apocalypse, Mystique and Sabretooth stay under the umbrella of Krakoa, or will they eventually make their own path?
    X-Men = Drama, so.... No!

Krakoa will remain united but I predict something like Xavier or the council being voted out, a villain becoming leader of Krakoa (apocalypse?) and the xmen then being outnumbered by villains.
    Maybe Mystique will lead a revolt?