View Poll Results: Do You Only Read X-Men or X-Men + Other Titles?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Only X-Men Titles

24 18.60%
  • X-Men + Other Marvel Titles

23 17.83%
  • X-Men + DC Titles

11 8.53%
  • X-Men + Indie Titles

9 6.98%
  • All Comics

51 39.53%
  • Other (Please specify)

11 8.53%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Do You Only Read X-Men Comics?

Or do you tend to mix it up with other Marvel/DC/Indie titles?

I'm curious to know where people put their focus. I'm only referring to comics. Magazines, anime, books, etc. are irrelevant.

No.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

no i read the buffy comics at boom, several marvel comics and Gold digger from antartic press. other stuff i'm more reserved but give a chance based on art. and i read countless manga. oh and i do read some dc comics but right now the onlly book there im truly interested in is Supergirl. Naomi is decent but the dialogue feels juvenile so it's a battle with myself. Same problem i have with Bendis superman. I like the issues for the most part but the dialogue between characters doesn't feel real to me.
    Last edited by jwatson; 10-29-2019 at 05:00 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I'll occasionally follow other characters I like (John Constantine, Enchantress (DC), Black Cat) plus getting Gwenpool because of how awesome Leah Williams is doing with that.

Aside from X-Titles, I've been really digging Snyder's Justice League, everything regarding the Batman Who Laughs, the current Teen Titans volume, Wonder Woman and anythig with my main man, Deathstroke. I've been reading some indie stuff, as well. I'm TOTALLY onboard with the current incarnation of the TMNT from IDW and surprisingly, the Power Rangers crossovers from Boom! are quite well-done.

As far as other Marvel titles go: I just stick with Immortal Hulk, whatever Venom/Ghost Rider/Blade/Midnight Sons/Daredevil/Punisher title is out. And there's the occasional read of the Fantastic Four series and the VERY occasional Spider-Title (I'm gutted about Superior getting canned, it's like Marvel loves to force me to read Amazing Spider-Man *shudders in disgust*). I make it a point to stay as far away from all Avengers-related titles as I can, for they tend to follow the exact same boring-ass formula, and I not picking up anything with Carol Danvers *again shudders in disgust*.
    Last edited by Wild Fang X; 10-29-2019 at 05:53 PM.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    Aside from X-Titles, I've been really digging Snyder's Justice League, the current Teen Titans volume, Wonder Woman and anythig with my main man, Deathstroke. I've been reading some indie stuff, as well. I'm TOTALLY onboard with the current incarnation of the TMNT from IDW and surprisingly, the Power Rangers crossovers from Boom! are quite well-done.
    Wonder Woman is good. I love when Steve Orlando writes it in particular. I also love his supergirl stuff. G Willow is hit or miss on wonder woman but the misses aren't bad.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I'm just getting back into reading current comics, but other than X-Men, Immortal Hulk and Gwenpool are the only other Marvel titles I read. I've heard great things about Spencer's Spider-Man run though, so I'll probably catch up on that and try to pick it up.

I've never been too interested in DC Comics, but I have picked up a couple indie comics. I really like Snotgirl and just recently started Giant Days. Boom! seems to have a lot of good titles, and I'm hoping to pick up more.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    no i read the buffy comics at boom, several marvel comics and Gold digger from antartic press.
    I miss Gold Digger sometimes. I finally had to drop it when the side-cast started getting 75% of the focus, though.

Anyway, current pulls/trade-waits:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    Die
    Sonata
    Beasts of Burden
    Resident Alien
    Marauders
    Excalibur
    New Mutants
    Fallen Angels
    GI Joe (Hama)
    GI Joe (Allor)
    Gwenpool Strikes Back
    The Amazing Mary Jane
    Animosity
    Manifest Destiny
    James Bond 007
    Delver
    Ask for Mercy
    Sonata
    Lois Lane
    The Dreaming
    Hellblazer
    Monstress
    Heathen
    Lazarus: Risen
    Wonder Twins
    Immortal Hulk
    Dragon Age: Blue Wraith
    Before You Go
    Chastity
    Farmhand
    Voracious

BANNED

I only read books abt sexy people bc I need to feel represented. So only Xbooks atm but Im waiting for Guardians of the Galaxy new volume. Someone WILL fix NohVarr eventually.

BANNED

I read BOTH Companies DC and Marvel

I LOVE the X-Men they come first before anyone. But I also read, Dr. Strange, Captain Marvel, Silver Surfer, FF, Avengers, Thor(Sometimes he's kinda boring), Hulk and Guardians.

Occasionally if I see something i like I read something non marvel, but go to is X-men.

Before house of X i would say I was an occasional comic reader in general. As in a comic or 2 every 3 months or so.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Only X-Men stuff I read is things with X-23 in it, and recently I've been getting into the old New Mutants stuff. I read a lot more Marvel and some DC stuff outside of the X-Men.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I said Other!

I primarily read X-Men, and I intermittantly read other titles in different lines. I usually only follow a small number of books outside X-Men. Captain Marvel, Strikeforce, Justice League Odyssey, and occasionally Batman (because I can't resist Batman and Catwoman, but I only get it when they are in book together). I am giving Amazing Mary Jane a try and liking it so far! I am going to check out Birds of Prey when it comes out but if it's too much Harley Quinn and too little Dinah and Helena I am going to drop it, because a little Harley Quinn goes a really long way and I want to read about Helena and Dinah far more than I ever want to read about Harley! I have been reading the Harley and Ivy mini series, but I am kind of meh about it because DC are such cowards and they won't actually show Harley and Ivy as actual real girlfriends, sheesh you can let them kiss, they are supposed to be into each other!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED

No, Batgirl (Barbara Gordon) is my ultimate favourite and love <3 <3

Problem is though, the rest of the characters I like fall under the X-Men, lol!

I mostly read X-men, but in the past I have read some DC stuff (All star Superman, Grayson, Midnighter). I've read some Batman on and off (I love all the Robins).

As for Marvel I might read an avengers story here and there online.