View Poll Results: Do You Only Read X-Men or X-Men + Other Titles?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Only X-Men Titles

24 18.60%
  • X-Men + Other Marvel Titles

23 17.83%
  • X-Men + DC Titles

11 8.53%
  • X-Men + Indie Titles

9 6.98%
  • All Comics

51 39.53%
  • Other (Please specify)

11 8.53%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    no i read the buffy comics at boom, several marvel comics and Gold digger from antartic press. other stuff i'm more reserved but give a chance based on art. and i read countless manga. oh and i do read some dc comics but right now the onlly book there im truly interested in is Supergirl. Naomi is decent but the dialogue feels juvenile so it's a battle with myself. Same problem i have with Bendis superman. I like the issues for the most part but the dialogue between characters doesn't feel real to me.
    Have u been enjoying the Buffy/Angel crossover? I wish art on Buffy was good but I like how theyre trying to do something different. Cordy>>>>Cordy 2.0 tho

BANNED

Marvel and some DC.

I read all comics, but only really frequent the X-Forum. I don't read a lot of DC (except for Naomi and Wonder Twins and I will pick up a lot of Joe Hill's imprint) but have as much Image, Boom!, etc. as Marvel.

Pretty much only X-Men. I follow Storm and Psylocke mainly, and will pick up books if they have an appearance of note in other titles (i.e. Black Panther).

BANNED

X-Men + indie titles, mostly. Can't really say I'm really into DC when the only thing I've been checking is Snyder's Dragon Ball League. That might change in the following months.

When it comes to Image Comics, it's been Redneck, Southern Bastards, Deadly Class and Death or Glory.

Niffleheim

Other

I read mostly Marvel and Image. However with X-Books I Only read X-Titles with my favourite characters in the book written by a favourite writer or a writer that I don't have bad history reading (in regards to my favourites)
    Last edited by Tofali; 10-29-2019 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Have u been enjoying the Buffy/Angel crossover? I wish art on Buffy was good but I like how theyre trying to do something different. Cordy>>>>Cordy 2.0 tho
    i LOVE the art. Aside from the crazy eyes he gives willow i am loving David Yardin's art work. I'm not sure where they are going with gun though. I feel the hellmouth crossover is happening too soon before the actual characters have their voice but it's not bad. Just way too soon. I definitely feel Buffy is the stronger book writing wise. I love the Xander twist and Cordy is one of my faves so i am watching her carefully. I loved her in Buffy but i became obsessed with her in Angel.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

X-Men, a few Indie, and a few DC. I'm tending to follow certain writers as well as particular characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    i LOVE the art. Aside from the crazy eyes he gives willow i am loving David Yardin's art work. I'm not sure where they are going with gun though. I feel the hellmouth crossover is happening too soon before the actual characters have their voice but it's not bad. Just way too soon. I definitely feel Buffy is the stronger book writing wise. I love the Xander twist and Cordy is one of my faves so i am watching her carefully. I loved her in Buffy but i became obsessed with her in Angel.
    I thought they were actually going to off Xander I was so happy but Ill settle for what we got, anything is better then selfpityfest that was tv Xander. I like genuinely nice Cordy but she lacks the dynamism of the original. She reminds me more of Harmony but smarter and nicer. The fling with Spike isnt helping.
    I actually am enjoying Angel series better. Which is weird bc I could never get into the show (everytime I get incredibly emotionally compromised by Doyle and then totally depressed when he dies and I just ragequit).

Amazing Member

MARVEL
    80% of my Marvel collection is X-Men. And I buy everything X-Men regardless of quality/interest because I'm garbage.
    20% remaining is the more highly regarded runs, from Hawkeye, Thor, Spider-Man and Avengers.

I buy a lot of the OHC from Image. All the Ed Brubaker stuff, Saga, and so on..

DC
    I don't read DC. I just don't have the energy/time/money to learn and invest in a whole other universe.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

XMen + Indies for me.

In a lot of ways the XMen franchise is kind of "the most successful indie" at least with how a single author Claremont was able to shape and do so much innovation. So that's my main pull to XMen, they're more scifi and less "wacky supernatural", things make reasonable sense in-universe for them, there are built-in philosophical tensions that go way beyond a simplistic Good Hero vs Evil Villain type of storytelling, and yeah. Other mainstream comics don't do much for me but occasionally I check them out. I don't read them regularly though.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

X-Men and X-related titles and Spiderman plus Spider-related titles is what I've been reading/collecting since early 90's.

Some TPB's sprinkled in of Batman, Spawn, TMNT, GI Joe, Sin City, Watchmen, and others.

BANNED

My primary reads are X-Men, just because they were largely my gateway to the MU, and comics in general, and I've the longest affinity with them. There are a bunch of other Marvel titles I pick up, though a large chunk of them are read later in trade as I'd rather have a more complete narrative than a disjointed story that can take 6+ months just to get a segment of it.

DC has always been iffy for me, and I generally only have a couple of their titles on my pull list at a time (right now being Justice League Dark, Harleen & Batman)

Anything outside of the Big Two I generally trade-wait too, but I had great fun reading The Wicked and the Divine, White Trees and a great many other books along the way.

In short, I'll kinda grab a little bit of everything if it catches my eye and/or I've heard good things about it, but X-Men has always been and probably will always be my first love when it comes to comic titles

Me all day
    IMG_20191029_234943.jpg

'cept when I'm all outta X-Men comics to read
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Nope, X-Men is honestly one of the last comic things I got into lol.