View Poll Results: Do You Only Read X-Men or X-Men + Other Titles?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Only X-Men Titles

24 18.60%
  • X-Men + Other Marvel Titles

23 17.83%
  • X-Men + DC Titles

11 8.53%
  • X-Men + Indie Titles

9 6.98%
  • All Comics

51 39.53%
  • Other (Please specify)

11 8.53%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Mostly, yes. I'm also reading Runaways and Strikeforce, and I'll probably check out Ewing's GotG. I read some Image and Boom titles, right now only Monstress, Saga, and Black Magick, I will probably get Die at some point. The only DC I've read is Orlando's Midnighter books, I might check out Spurrier's Hellblazer.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

X-men are definitely a large chunk of what I read. It's comparable to my collections of Spider-man, Iron man, Wonder Woman, and Deathstroke (just to name a few). Anything with characters I enjoy I tend to follow.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Wha--?!? Absolutely NOT!

I've been reading comics of every nationality, genre and age my entire life, and I'm gonna keep on doing it till the day I die. X-titles have a huge and very special room in my heart, but they are by no means the only ones. I'm omnivorous in this respect.

Comics in general are what I like the most in the whole world. Period.

BANNED

I read Lazarus and Monstress from Image. And I pull 'Tec from DC. I buy The Flash in trades. As far as X men go, it depends. I'm on board with the revamp, but right now only Fallen Angels because of X-23. Everything else will depend on the quality of writing.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

X-Men is my favorite line, but I also pick up other Marvel and indies. I don't really like Batman, so no DC.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I read X-Men and DD from Marvel. But I also read books from the indie publishers and DC.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

X-men
    Immortal Hulk
    Excalibur
    Red Hood and the Outlaws
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I usually have a couple X-Titles plus a DC Book like Nightwing or JLD and then an Indie comic (although I like to wait for trades for those anymore)
    Make Good Art

Slogging through Batman, Doomsday Clock when ever that's out, Deathstroke and The Punisher.
    Going to pick up X-Force, Wolverine, Weapon eXe and that Sabretooth Ravencroft mini when they come out.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Only X-men.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

No. I appreciate the medium, and individual creators far more than any specific franchise. The X-Men can be fun sometimes, and it was one of my first regular comics reads but they're very rarely worth reading month-to-month for an extended period of time. Right now things are fairly decent, the new books have been rather interesting. HoX/PoX has been the first X-Men related title in ten years that I've read every issue of.

More regularly I'm reading comics from Image moreso than any publisher. But several series have ended recently, that have not been replaced yet.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 10-30-2019 at 03:09 PM.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

I took the freedom to vote in this poll even though I don't currently follow any X-title, but I will buy Hickman's run in collected editions eventually. I love the X-Men as a concept and group, but the stories I buy must really appeal to me and I'm extra exigent when it comes to the mutants. I love Claremont's original run (though I haven't read it all mind you), Remender's Uncanny X-Force, Whedon's Astonishing X-Men and Morrison's New X-Men, along some other runs or stories, especially the work done with Wolverine by Claremont, BWS and Larry Hama. I haven't been this intusiastic about the X-Men in years, so I'm really eager to try Hickman's run

I voted all comics, since, though I have a preference for the big two, I read stories from different characters and type of comics
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

I used to be a strict reader of only x-titles but then Uncanny Avengers happened and then I found myself actually interested in other parts of the MU. Since the start of UA I have had anywhere from 2-5 books on my monthly pull list that are not x-titles. No DC for me. If it isn't the teen titans (not go) or justice league cartoon, I'm not super interested in them.

I am reading a lot of comics right now. All of them from the 60s to the 80s. I started X books only recently. I started with 90s Xforce got a good chunk of the run as a Christmas gift. That peaked my interest in mutants. I just started reading Uncanny Xmen starting at the beginning. I am doing pretty good. Read the first 8 issues today. I am enjoying it but man they have Magneto in like every issue. That is getting a little old.

I am reading old school Justice League, Green Lantern, Brave and Bold, Amazing Spiderman, Peter Parker Spiderman, Tales of Suspense, Tales to Astonish, Uncanny Xmen, Xforce, Avengers, Fantastic Four, The Walking Dead. I have a huge stack of Idw Ninja Turtles that I am waiting to read.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Nah. I usually trade wait for most Marvel and DC books I'm interested in though except for ones I'm really interested in (current X-books, Immortal Hulk, Batman). But def don't only read X-Men. I've actually dipped from reading the books several times over the years although I make sure to keep up with the current story through this board even when I'm not interested in what's going on.