Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: World War X

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    so what is so wrong with wanting to be a part of that? isn't that what was happening to the humans in the Powers of X glimpse at the future?
    And was that portrayed as a good thing?

And given what routinely happens to the gods and abstracts, why would anyone desire that?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    those moments of stupidity that i listed were in the comics.
    Again, we will have to agree to disagree over the notion that Doom is stupid. I think it's well established that Doom is one of the most intelligent beings on earth (and frankly the freaking universe). If you think otherwise, we can agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    lol Right? Like this fool is obviously crazy and severely lacking in the common sense department. His leadership skills as well as his country seems a lil too much like N. Korea for my taste but....

Well No one's trying to read a boook where theres not conflict. Buuut I'd argue the P5 had power thrust upon them and realistically would have been heroes to much more people who would have still thought of them as those Misanthropic Mutants
    To some I'm sure they were seen as heroes. But lets face it... the freaking X-Men ended up turning on the P5. Between Namor flooding Wakanda and Colossus trying to destroy the Jean Grey School because Kitty didn't want to date him, even the P5's closest friends knew that they needed to be stopped. And if the X-Men couldn't trust the P5 with that much power, generally speaking there's no way the rest was going to. To varying degrees I'm sure many gave them the benefit of the doubt... but they did enough to lose that despite the good they were doing.

P5 aside, anytime you have someone trying to take over the world by force, it NEVER ends well. Never.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Again, we will have to agree to disagree over the notion that Doom is stupid. I think it's well established that Doom is one of the most intelligent beings on earth (and frankly the freaking universe). If you think otherwise, we can agree to disagree.
    Doom is very smart and creative.

He's just also very stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    yes, we can agree to disagree. because it is well established that Doom, despite his ability to create a time machine, is an emotional infant and prone to making the impulsive decisions of an idiot for often petty reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    In the past, someone may have stepped up and said something counter to Magneto. I haven't seen anyone actually disagree with him on that point.
    I'm not looking for something you've typed or something you think might have happened, I want a scan of a character on krakoa saying they want to be gods.
    This is what you stated, you need hard evidence to back it up or you start to look like a liar and someone who is just spouting nonsense to bring down the x-books.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    I'm not looking for something you've typed or something you think might have happened, I want a scan of a character on krakoa saying they want to be gods.
    This is what you stated, you need hard evidence to back it up or you start to look like a liar and someone who is just spouting nonsense to bring down the x-books.
    OK, I can't find it aside from the issue where we're introduced to the super-consciousnesses, though that seems to be Moira's plan. But can you find the scan where someone disagrees?

OK, I can't find it aside from the issue where we're introduced to the super-consciousnesses, though that seems to be Moira's plan. But can you find the scan where someone disagrees?
    lol its on you to produce evidence bto back up your claim.
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    lol its on you to produce evidence bto back up your claim.
    So you can't either?

Magneto was just having his lil dramatic moment while talking to some humans. He's Magneto. Why would you expect someone to show up at nowhere and say "Well, actually..." when no one else was there to hear him?

Why would I find scans of characters disagreeing with something that was never said?
    You've been caught making stuff up, stick to facts in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    Why would I find scans of characters disagreeing with something that was never said?
    cause you're a magical mutie
    GrindrStone(D)

I want to see the new Skrull/Kree Hulkling led Empyre battle the Shi'ar.
    Didn't the Shi'ar Empire swallow up the Kree during/after the Operation Galactic Storm storyline ?.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Didn't the Shi'ar Empire swallow up the Kree during/after the Operation Galactic Storm storyline ?.
    All them empires look alike to me
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    In War of Kings they lost to the Empire and became sort or a client state (would need to recheck the word) though is it to the Kree or the Inhumans.