Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: World War X

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Yeah they are corrupt but if you look into the goverment of Krakoa is not behind them in corruption. Shaw selling the drugs for his own profit and plotting against other members of the goverment, Apocalypse using Rogue and starting a war against otherworld and Sinister already with his own secret plans. I dont think the X-books are selling Krakoa as an example of a perfect goverment.
    Oh, I never said they were, I'm not reading the X-books so I wouldn't even touch weighing in on whether Krakoa was good or bad, I have no opinion there at all. I was just adding on to the comment that all of humanity can't be blamed for the actions of their governments, which is especially true in the MU, because none of the governments are actually looking out for the best interests of the people. I mean, when you portray the US government as literally being under the thumb of the devil, Marvel isn't even being subtle about it. There is no thinly veiled symbolism here. There's no veil at all.

Yeah they are corrupt but if you look into the goverment of Krakoa is not behind them in corruption. Shaw selling the drugs for his own profit and plotting against other members of the goverment, Apocalypse using Rogue and starting a war against otherworld and Sinister already with his own secret plans. I dont think the X-books are selling Krakoa as an example of a perfect goverment.
    Shaw is working with humans. This is a consistent bit of characterization. He is acting in opposition to the Krakoans. Apocalypse is engaging in a war with Morgan Lefay. She aggressed first.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 01-21-2020 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I feel like for the X-Men to work going forward, we need more cohesion among the different Marvel sections.
    Errr the X-Men already going forward...
    The mutant kind digged their own grave in that sense after AvsX, after all this time preaching tolerance the moment they have the upper hand they proclame themselves supreme rulers of the world them something doesnt work.
    Err Upper Hand? In what way? They haven't proclaimed anything close to that
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member

Well, there was thay whole thing where several of them were avatars for the Phoenix...I remember it involved whales with little legs

Well, there was thay whole thing where several of them were avatars for the Phoenix...I remember it involved whales with little legs
    +Free Energy And access to food and clean drinking water for everyone on Earth
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Shaw is working with humans. This is a consistent bit of characterization. He is acting in opposition to the Krakoans. Apocalypse is engaging in a war with Morgan Lefay. She aggressed first.
    Le Fay is a bitch but she was in her realm without meddling with Earth affairs until Apocalypse polluted her pool of power with the flowers of Krakoa and began to use Rogue to siphon the magic. All that was part of his plan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    And worrying about crazy mutant gods coming into your home and killing you for whatever reason they see fit.
    Le Fay is a bitch but she was in her realm without meddling with Earth affairs until Apocalypse polluted her pool of power with the flowers of Krakoa and began to use Rogue to siphon the magic. All that was part of his plan.
    This, and Apocalypse is actually one of the villains to be least worried about because he's so transparent.

BANNED

And proclaimed Pax Utopia. See the conflict between the Avengers academy and Emma frost about Juston Sentinel, a benevolent dictator is still a dictator. What did Emma give right to destroy it when it was harmless? Nothing she did it because she wanted and no one could stop her. That was in the first days of the Phoenix Five showing that even being benevolent they were already acting like absolute rulers of the world

And proclaimed Pax Utopia. See the conflict between the Avengers academy and Emma frost about Juston Sentinel, a benevolent dictator is still a dictator. What did Emma give right to destroy it when it was harmless? Nothing she did it because she wanted and no one could stop her. That was in the first days of the Phoenix Five showing that even being benevolent they were already acting like absolute rulers of the world
    Sadly they were also stupid dictators on top of that.

Between Cyclops attempting to seal the San Andreas fault and Colossus attempting to give whales crab legs so they can walk on land, we can clearly see that just because someone is benevolent doesn't mean they actually know what the heck they are doing. An ignorant god can be just as dangerous as an evil one. For all he faults a guy like Doom would have if he conquered the world, in the least I DO genuinely believe he's intelligent enough to actually run it well.

Fault here probably falls on Xavier. Guy taught these guys how to fight, but they seemed somewhat lacking on basic high school level biology and geology.

Um I think it was just the KraKoa portals having a negative natural reaction to Other World's pools
    And worrying about crazy mutant gods coming into your home and killing you for whatever reason they see fit..
    I think the relief of not having to find food and water might've overwhelmed the publics paranoia (which we saw no trace of) lol
    Errr perhaps surviving an unprovoked attack where 16 million lives were destroyed by Weapons of Mass Destruction looking likey that Sentinel, gave her cause for concern. +who vouched got the Sentinel was harmless? A 15 yr old kid saying the Robot spouting Destroy Mutants is enough to ease Mutants fears.+ The P5 declared War to be illegal and a Weapon of Mass Destruction....
    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Sadly they were also stupid dictators on top of that.
    Between Cyclops attempting to seal the San Andreas fault and Colossus attempting to give whales crab legs so they can walk on land, we can clearly see that just because someone is benevolent doesn't mean they actually know what the heck they are doing. An ignorant god can be just as dangerous as an evil one.
    Huh? They had the the power of the Phoenix at their disposal Why would sealing the San Andreas fault he beyond their power? Colossus is an artist bring creative with biology. None of these things come close to overshadowing the good the P5 did. Not sure what ignorance you gleamed...
    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    For all he faults a guy like Doom would have if he conquered the world, in the least I DO genuinely believe he's intelligent enough to actually run it well.
    Yes because Latveria is shining beacon of progress with a high satisfaction of living.

GrindrStone(D)

Um I think it was just the KraKoa portals having a negative natural reaction to Other World's pools

I think the relief of not having to find food and water might've overwhelmed the publics paranoia (which we saw no trace of) lol

Errr perhaps surviving an unprovoked attack where 16 million lives were destroyed by Weapons of Mass Destruction looking likey that Sentinel, gave her cause for concern. +who vouched got the Sentinel was harmless? A 15 yr old kid saying the Robot spouting Destroy Mutants is enough to ease Mutants fears.+ The P5 declared War to be illegal and a Weapon of Mass Destruction....

Huh? They had the the power of the Phoenix at their disposal Why would sealing the San Andreas fault he beyond their power? Colossus is an artist bring creative with biology. None of these things come close to overshadowing the good the P5 did. Not sure what ignorance you gleamed...
    Yes because Latveria is shining beacon of progress with a high satisfaction of living.

It's not that sealing the San Andreas fault is beyond their power... it's that sealing the San Andreas fault would be incredibly STUPID. Just like giving whales crab legs so they can walk on land would be incredibly stupid. Just because you have power doesn't mean you're actually intelligent enough to use it well.

The lack of ignorance I gleamed is exactly what I'm talking about. The whales which Colossus decided needed to be walking around on land with crab legs died. Apparently because he wasn't educated enough to know that whales will DIE on land and need to be in the freaking water. The average 12 year old SHOULD know that, but Colossus for whatever reason didn't (again, we can blame Xavier for Peter and Scotts lack of basic education). This is NOT the person you want having the power of a god. Even if he means well, it's still very very dangerous having someone that stupid have that much power.

Just to address this one point in particular... society, fairly or unfairly, are paranoid about metahumans to begin with. Mutants especially.

But once a member of the P5 destroyed Wakanda, I think the P5 had zero chance of the world NOT being paranoid of them regardless of the good they did. Heck, the X-Men themselves started turning on the P5 at that point, so there's no chance the rest of the world wouldn't. From that point on, it was the rest of the world (including a good portion of the X-Men) against the P5.

Extraordinary Member

And let's remember, the mutants now don't just want the best country on Earth, they want to be gods.

But can they? Because as we see, when a mutant does become a god, they don't often do that good of a job.

BANNED

Kill someone from another race just because other members of his race hurted you is called racism. There are sentinels who want to overcome their programation ( not only the Juston Sentinel but we have seen a sentinel in the robot revolution of Slott), so kill them all just because they are Sentinels and treating them as things instead of Sentient beings is racism.

And let's remember, the mutants now don't just want the best country on Earth
    What are you talking about? "Dont just want the best country on earth"? What does that even mean?