Thread: World War X

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default World War X

Has anybody heard of the rumor surrounding Marvels next big event "World War X" or should I say World War M which features all of the mutants on Krakoa taking on the rest of Marvel Earth ?.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Extraordinary Member

Wasn't what we all just sort of assumed was going to happen?

Yawn another Hero Vs Hero event

Astonishing Member

I don’t see it happening until either Hickman thinks his story is sufficiently told and/or Marvel wants to cut off 5G at the knees

But I don’t think anyone’s looking forward to another pointless event when everyone whose not a mutant is portrayed as a fascist thug when (some of) the X-Men make yet another play for world domination

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I don’t see it happening until either Hickman thinks his story is sufficiently told and/or Marvel wants to cut off 5G at the knees

But I don’t think anyone’s looking forward to another pointless event when everyone whose not a mutant is portrayed as a fascist thug when (some of) the X-Men make yet another play for world domination
    I am!

But honestly, I think Hickman has this planned. And I give it two years to take.

So far, this is just a rumor.

But it's a very plausible rumor.

Hickman wrote Avengers before. Now, he's writing X-Men. I can totally see him linking the threads of his Avengers story with what he's developing in X-Men. It could set the stage for an Avengers vs. X-Men 2, although I personally think World War X sounds better. Avengers vs. X-Men has some baggage with it that I think could drag the event down. If this event happens to coincide with announcements of mutants in the MCU, then that'll just be icing on the cake.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Has anybody heard of the rumor surrounding Marvels next big event "World War X" or should I say World War M which features all of the mutants on Krakoa taking on the rest of Marvel Earth ?.
    A rumor that, IIRC, you started?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    A rumor that, IIRC, you started?
    You trying to say that isn't how rumors start?

Astonishing Member

It is a rumor that seems to exist only on this forum.

It will take at least a year to get the rest of the MU up to speed on the new status quo (odds are Aaron’s not touching them until the inevitable Phoenix arc in Avengers) before we can get around to Contemplating the start of active hostility

Extraordinary Member

It's certainly something that many of us assumed would happen, there's no doubt, which makes it prime guessing and rumor territory.

Astonishing Member

Two thoughts first the avengers would start the fight because the dont treat the xmen right and two the xmen have literally every reality warper except Franklin richards on their side....

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    It is a rumor that seems to exist only on this forum.

It will take at least a year to get the rest of the MU up to speed on the new status quo (odds are Aaron’s not touching them until the inevitable Phoenix arc in Avengers) before we can get around to Contemplating the start of active hostility
    Course, the rest of the MU basically ignored Hickmans Avengers run until right before Secret Wars. So in theory we don't need the other books to reflect whats going on in the X books UNLESS or UNTIL a big company wide event comes over the horizen.