Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: World War X

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    What are you talking about? "Dont just want the best country on earth"? What does that even mean?
    I could have worded this better.

I just mean that the mutants wabt more than Krakoa to just be a great country. They want to ascend to their "rightful" spot as new gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I could have worded this better.

I just mean that the mutants wabt more than Krakoa to just be a great country. They want to ascend to their "rightful" spot as new gods.
    Show anyone with the exception of Magneto who has said that.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The whales which Colossus decided needed to be walking around on land with crab legs died. Apparently because he wasn't educated enough to know that whales will DIE on land and need to be in the freaking water. The average 12 year old SHOULD know that, but Colossus for whatever reason didn't (again, we can blame Xavier for Peter and Scotts lack of basic education). This is NOT the person you want having the power of a god. Even if he means well, it's still very very dangerous having someone that stupid have that much power.
    I wonder if a lotta people read that scene this way. But it literally never crossed my mind, Piotr thought the Whales would actually live and thrive but more like He was flexing his Phoenix Goddessness and like many artist became so wrapped up in his work he wasnt thinking practically

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Kill someone from another race just because other members of his race hurted you is called racism. There are sentinels who want to overcome their programation ( not only the Juston Sentinel but we have seen a sentinel in the robot revolution of Slott), so kill them all just because they are Sentinels and treating them as things instead of Sentient beings is racism.
    Theres sooo much in this post...but I'm just going with....What proof is there that his Sentinel was Sentient.....because Juston's machine had a benevolent malfunction that was maintainable. There's been ONE issue of the 'robot revolution' Not sure thats enough to cite precedent. lol
    What are you talking about? "Dont just want the best country on earth"? What does that even mean?
    People reeeeally do just make up sh!t about KraKoa and put it out there as Fact. Just like this thread lol. It IS irksome replying to such logical fallacies that are thrown around!
    GrindrStone(D)

Sadly they were also stupid dictators on top of that.

Between Cyclops attempting to seal the San Andreas fault and Colossus attempting to give whales crab legs so they can walk on land, we can clearly see that just because someone is benevolent doesn't mean they actually know what the heck they are doing. An ignorant god can be just as dangerous as an evil one. For all he faults a guy like Doom would have if he conquered the world, in the least I DO genuinely believe he's intelligent enough to actually run it well.

Fault here probably falls on Xavier. Guy taught these guys how to fight, but they seemed somewhat lacking on basic high school level biology and geology.
    if that were true, Reed Richards wouldn't have had to bail him out. that was a nightmarescape. he also murdered a teenager while supposedly under the influence of "god power."

Extraordinary Member

In the past, someone may have stepped up and said something counter to Magneto. I haven't seen anyone actually disagree with him on that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    if that were true, Reed Richards wouldn't have had to bail him out. that was a nightmarescape. he also murdered a teenager while supposedly under the influence of "god power."
    Doom has his faults.... he is a super villain after all. But in the least, he's actually very very intelligent. He may do selfish or immoral things.... but in the least he won't do things out of sheer ignorance.

But really the moral of the story is you don't want a dictatorship either way. Whether the dictator is evil or just uneducated, the bottom line is you don't want it. Which is why anyone,whether it be Doom or the X-Men, trying to conquer the world is pretty much always challenged and ultimately overthrown. For all the upsides, the inherent danger is just too great.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I wonder if a lotta people read that scene this way. But it literally never crossed my mind, Piotr thought the Whales would actually live and thrive but more like He was flexing his Phoenix Goddessness and like many artist became so wrapped up in his work he wasnt thinking practically

Theres sooo much in this post...but I'm just going with....What proof is there that his Sentinel was Sentient.....because Juston's machine had a benevolent malfunction that was maintainable. There's been ONE issue of the 'robot revolution' Not sure thats enough to cite precedent. lol

People reeeeally do just make up sh!t about KraKoa and put it out there as Fact. Just like this thread lol. It IS irksome replying to such logical fallacies that are thrown around!
    I imagine MOST people saw it that way after seeing the dead whales with the crab legs. Being creative stops being an excuse when you're going around killing things because you want to play god. Your average 12 year old should know better. I don't know if we can excuse Peters behavior there because he was possessed or if we should assume he was just that stupid, but either way it shows you that not everyone should be able to run around playing god. Even well meaning people can be very very dangerous.

Doom has his faults.... he is a super villain after all. But in the least, he's actually very very intelligent. He may do selfish or immoral things.... but in the least he won't do things out of sheer ignorance.
    like placing a red hot mask on his own face? or making a deal with a bunch of demons to get revenge on the Fantastic Four? tell me more about his wisdom.

In the past, someone may have stepped up and said something counter to Magneto. I haven't seen anyone actually disagree with him on that point.
    what's wrong with them wanting to become gods? humans have been trying to enhance themselves for decades within the marvel universe. what do you think their end goal is? why are there nuclear stockpiles in the world? it's so that humans can act as gods.

like placing a red hot mask on his own face? or making a deal with a bunch of demons to get revenge on the Fantastic Four? tell me more about his wisdom.
    I don't need to argue that Doom is very very smart because the comics do that for me. If you feel otherwise, we can agree to disagree.

As far as the P5 goes, admittedly I never thought Peter was a road scholar. But I was a little surprised with Scott. But again, maybe we can blame Xavier for providing a subpar education at his school. He taught them how to fight... but basic geology and biology apparently wasn't high on their list of priorities.
    Last edited by XPac; 01-23-2020 at 09:02 AM.

what's wrong with them wanting to become gods? humans have been trying to enhance themselves for decades within the marvel universe. what do you think their end goal is? why are there nuclear stockpiles in the world? it's so that humans can act as gods.
    Problem being the ones who most want to be gods are more often than not the exactly the ones who shouldn't be. Just wanting to rule the world more often than not is a bad sign. That's why it almost always ends up badly and we see them being stopped by heroes time and time again.
    Last edited by XPac; 01-23-2020 at 09:21 AM.

lol Right? Like this fool is obviously crazy and severely lacking in the common sense department. His leadership skills as well as his country seems a lil too much like N. Korea for my taste but....
    Problem being the ones who most want to be gods are more often than not the exactly the ones who shouldn't be. Just wanting to rule the world more often than not is a bad sign. That's why it almost always ends up badly and we see them being stopped by heroes time and time again.
    Well No one's trying to read a boook where theres not conflict. Buuut I'd argue the P5 had power thrust upon them and realistically would have been heroes to much more people who would have still thought of them as those Misanthropic Mutants
    GrindrStone(D)

I don't need to argue that Doom is very very smart because the comics do that for me.
    those moments of stupidity that i listed were in the comics.

Extraordinary Member

But this isn't the real world. The mutants live in a world where there is a very real hierarchy of gods and abstracts who keep things going. Now, they aren't always perfect or even competent at their jobs, but they're there and they do keep things going. They might need help, but they still keep things working.

Let's think back to Secret Wars and just how much power and damn creativity Doom had to have access to just to get Battleworld going and operating. He couldn't even create stars. And even Reed Richards at the end had to depend on the work done by Norrin Radd, who is sort of a god, to recreate the prime reality.

Yes, we have examples of mutants like Franklin Richards and Mr. M doing some incredible feets, but they are not the average mutant.

To be a god, you need a perspective I still think mutantkind lacks. They are just people with very special powers.

But this isn't the real world. The mutants live in a world where there is a very real hierarchy of gods and abstracts who keep things going.
    so what is so wrong with wanting to be a part of that? isn't that what was happening to the humans in the Powers of X glimpse at the future?