Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: World War X

Astonishing Member

The other issue is that, due to the themes and metaphors of the X-Franchise, the non-X heroes, especially those still adhering to the usual morality of the genre, will start off as villainous by default.

Or at least that’ll be the justification given for cheering *rolls dice* Sabretooth being let loose on some heroes family or something
    Last edited by king of hybrids; 10-30-2019 at 10:35 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    The other issue is that, due to the themes and metaphors of the X-Franchise, the non-X heroes, especially those still adhering to the usual morality of the genre, will start off as villainous by default.

Or at least that’ll be the justification given for cheering *rolls dice* Sabretooth being let loose on some heroes family or something
    What will likely happen is that someone who isn't a monster will be imprisoned under Krakoa.

A few people have mentioned a Mutant civil war, I can certainly see that happening.
    Also I believe tensions will rise with the portals to Krakoa starting to be blocked.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    What will likely happen is that someone who isn't a monster will be imprisoned under Krakoa.
    Considering everyone’s... enthusiasm for Krakoa, that’s pretty much limited to Legion when he realises Blindfold is never leaving the Protocols

At least for the moment. I could see Mystique spitefully passing knowledge of the Quiet Council’s shenanigans to the Avengers if she finds out about Destiny.

Alternatively, Krakoa could use the leverage it has via the drugs (Hellfire), the connections via the Power Elite (Selene), connections to Hydra and the Hand (Gorgon), the impending conquest of Otherworld (Apocalypse/Betsy) and threat of force to have the governments fight the war for them
    Last edited by king of hybrids; 10-30-2019 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Has anybody heard of the rumor surrounding Marvels next big event "World War X" or should I say World War M which features all of the mutants on Krakoa taking on the rest of Marvel Earth ?.
    A rumor that, IIRC, you started?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    You trying to say that isn't how rumors start?

Astonishing Member

It is a rumor that seems to exist only on this forum.

It will take at least a year to get the rest of the MU up to speed on the new status quo (odds are Aaron’s not touching them until the inevitable Phoenix arc in Avengers) before we can get around to Contemplating the start of active hostility

Extraordinary Member

It's certainly something that many of us assumed would happen, there's no doubt, which makes it prime guessing and rumor territory.

Astonishing Member

Two thoughts first the avengers would start the fight because the dont treat the xmen right and two the xmen have literally every reality warper except Franklin richards on their side....

I miss the days of stories of heroes versus villains instead of heroes vs. heroes. I guess that's why I enjoyed War Of Realms event so much. I don't want X-Men vs. the rest of the MU and I say that as primarily, but not solely, as an X-Men fan. Now, if a group of Ex-X-Villains want to break away and use Krakoa to further their sinister agendas, I'm all for that.

Never read
    AvX or
    IvX
    huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    lol RIIIIGHT
    Quote Originally Posted by djoki96 View Post
    You trying to say that isn't how rumors start?
    Making up something from whole cloth is called something else on the internet...
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Not to mention if they do it the other way around, mutants, who are often used as allegories for minorities, look even worse. We really don’t need another AvX.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    I miss the days of stories of heroes versus villains instead of heroes vs. heroes. I guess that's why I enjoyed War Of Realms event so much. I don't want X-Men vs. the rest of the MU and I say that as primarily, but not solely, as an X-Men fan. Now, if a group of Ex-X-Villains want to break away and use Krakoa to further their sinister agendas, I'm all for that.
    Actually, this brings up a good point. What do you do about that many reality warpers? Something has to take them out.

Also, the Avengers also have Wiccan. I wouldn't count him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post

Also, the Avengers also have Wiccan. I wouldn't count him out.
    Well he's only one....
    Plus he's a mutant who's to say he and Teddy don't have a Krakoa hut on fire island or Ibiza
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Well he's only one....
    Plus he's a mutant who's to say he and Teddy don't have a Krakoa hut on fire island or Ibiza
    OK, are they mutants? What was the consensus on that?