Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: World War X

Extraordinary Member

Actually, I really want to see Betsy vs Faiza now.

Looking at that list, I'm surprised by just how good Ewing is doing, especially given the very weird concepts he's playing with. The X-Men are still recovering from years of underuse but at the same time, I think Marvel fans are just sort of in a weird place with the X-Men. In general, we want them to be a part of the MU, not in charge of it. One good thing about their underuse has been that properties like the Avengers and Thor were allowed to grow and blossom into their own.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I wasn’t arguing for the X-Men’s supremacy, I was saying I don’t want to lose my favs just to knock the X-Men down a peg (something that probably should have happened after new tian)

Just because I can sort of see the in-universe logic of the X-Men being jackasses doesn’t mean I want them to win the Franchise wars, especially when some time-deaf x-writer will eventually do something dodgy like have an X-men flatten/burn/drown Wakanda (again), send Gorgon after Aero for the “crime” of using a Guthrie’s “true name” or have Betsy go after Faiza for Excalibur.
    Yeah, the in-universe logic is that mutants were at the nonexistent mercy of humanity for years if not decades and now they're enjoying having the shoe on the other foot a little too much for their own good. Personally, I see this as the inevitable result of letting anti-mutant bigotry among humankind at large go unchallenged and unchecked for so long; eventually, mutants either get wiped out or do the wiping out. Both results would be horrific, but they seem to be the only possible outcomes right now. I'll acknowledge that neither would "actually" happen due to what's already been mentioned by others here about how it would permanently torch the Marvel mythos as a whole. However, I also think if there's anything positive about any of this, it's that it might just force a serious reevaluation of some things that have been taken for granted about the issues presented in-universe and in real life.
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 02-14-2020 at 04:50 PM.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    It does not affect genetics...it simply masks them. Beyond just being a mutant...Franklin is also the son of 2 famous super people who have a lot of enemies...considering that and all the threats to mutants out there I see no problem with Reed protecting his son. That is his responsibility as a parent.
    Eh if given the option to have someone listen in on my convos getting shot with a beam that alters the way my genes are expressed Id go for the first one. Countries covertly monitor each other, even ones that are on friendly terms it's illogical to think Krakoa wouldn't try to keep ahead of potential threats and Considering their past Illuminati affiliation Xavier knows Reed is capable of creating World devasting machines without fully thinking of the consequences.
    But anyway forcibly Removing (no matter how for how long) a trait from your child is kinda gross and sends the kid The wrong message If Franklin was gay Reed would probably build something in order to "mask" it because of the violence Gays often face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    No different that tracking your kids cel phone or monitoring their social media to ensure your kids safety from predators like creepy bald dudes wearing metal helmets running around with magnetic terrorist responsible for countless deaths while spouting supremacy rhetoric.
    We'll just have to agree to disagree on that point.
    Yes keep Franklin away from the "creepy" Mutants yet totally fine for his younger sister to run away to play with her "Uncle Doom" A 'Kim Jung Un' type dictator who not only tortured Reed and Sue in front of their kids but actually took Reed's place as Head of the family when he had the Beyonders power...
    That is some FAAAANtastic Parenting
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Val gets to hang around with Doom because one of the few places Reed’s emotions outweigh his head is guilt.

Despite all evidence to the contrary he still thinks Doom’s descent into insanity is his fault and that he can be redeemed, and that he was powerless to deliver Val where Doom saved the day.

Reed has no such compunctions with Xavier. Hell, as one of the Illuminati (one cant help but notice that Namor, T’Challa, Strange and Reed are all not playing ball) he is intimately aware of just how shady Charles (and Hank) can be

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Val gets to hang around with Doom because one of the few places Reed’s emotions outweigh his head is guilt.

Despite all evidence to the contrary he still thinks Doom’s descent into insanity is his fault and that he can be redeemed, and that he was powerless to deliver Val where Doom saved the day.

Reed has no such compunctions with Xavier. Hell, as one of the Illuminati (one cant help but notice that Namor, T’Challa, Strange and Reed are all not playing ball) he is intimately aware of just how shady Charles (and Hank) can be
    Also, isn't Doom sort of safe? Reed knows that Doom would never hurt Val. At the end of the day, whether they like him or not, Doom is practically family.

When it comes to Charles and Hank, they aren't. And unlike Doom, Reed can never guess just what they're up to. It's that they aren't supervillains that makes them so dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Also, isn't Doom sort of safe? Reed knows that Doom would never hurt Val. At the end of the day, whether they like him or not, Doom is practically family.
    sort of safe? If thats good enough for your kid...Cool, but Family doesn't mean just leave your kid with any old 2nd cousin, or 3rd Aunt. Idk if I would consider Valeria so safe. Doom killed the girl hes known/loved since they were kids for some sorcery cred...Her name was Valeria as well.
    When it comes to Charles and Hank, they aren't. And unlike Doom, Reed can never guess just what they're up to. It's that they aren't supervillains that makes them so dangerous.
    lol Dude. Youre totally wrong. I mean Reed would have to be a mutant hating racist to the nth degree to trust Doom (the man who made him kill his best friend) over Hank who has been both Avenger and Xman. Trusting Doom (the man who sent Franklin to fire&brimstone hell) Over Charles whos just trying to survive is KWAZZZZZY
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member

I'm not saying Reed trusts Doom with anyone but Val. Franklin is a whole other story.

And wasn't Reed working with Charles and Hank when they were doing some of the scummiest stuff they ever didid?

Astonishing Member

I would imagine Strange is going to be very suspicious if he ever finds out that Erik and Charles knew what Wanda would do in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    I love the trope of lets blame the Avengers of all problems of the world. When most mutants are as passive as the avengers , no one blames Abagail Brand for example for avoid help mutants in the last uncanny run , using her resources as leader of Alpha fight but the avengers are blame for all the problems of a minority that is less than the 1% of the world population.
    No one blames Namor for avoid helping mutants when he had an entire realm that could be full of mutant refugees, but the avengers blame.
    Namor, national hero in Wakanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    Namor, national hero in Wakanda.
    Ivdoubt hellhe seen as a hero
    GrindrStone(D)

https://www.newsarama.com/49157-jaso...n-hickman.html

Jason Aaron hints at World War X coming in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    https://www.newsarama.com/49157-jaso...n-hickman.html

Jason Aaron hints at World War X coming in the future.

Astonishing Member

And no doubt this years long plan will no doubt coincide with the X-Men’s MCU introduction *sigh*

The Marvel Universe better not be going to war to keep Wanda’s head attached to her neck

Extraordinary Member

This looks fun! And it sounds like it has to do with Steve, not Wanda.

This looks fun! And it sounds like it has to do with Steve, not Wanda.
    Steve's not chair, I was just biting the bullet with the joke restraining order to indicate I'd rather he not be involved in this at all. In fact, there are days I wish that the Avengers and the X-Men lived in separate universes entirely. Today is one of those days.
    Last edited by capandkirby; 02-25-2020 at 12:10 PM.