Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: World War X

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    False equivalence. Captain America was not and never has been a nazi. Hydra!Cap was a cosmic cube created evil duplicate. The same cannot be said of Magneto, Apocalypse or Sinister, who knowingly and with full agency committed crimes against humanity AND mutants with zero remorse or empathy in their cold hearts, REPEATEDLY. Ridiculous comparison.
    Now, with Magneto, you can argue that the man has the best of intentions. You can argue that he's simply afraid of his people being harmed. With Apocalypse, you can make the case that he's a godlike cosmic being who is just doing what's expected of him.

But Sinister is just a very, very bad and chaotic person. There's very little reasoning to really be done with him. He bas no honor, no real redeeming qualities of any kind. And yet because this one clone is a mutant, he gets into paradice while longtime allies like Captain Britain need a chaperone.

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    False equivalence. Captain America was not and never has been a nazi. Hydra!Cap was a cosmic cube created evil duplicate. The same cannot be said of Magneto, Apocalypse or Sinister, who knowingly and with full agency committed crimes against humanity AND mutants with zero remorse or empathy in their cold hearts, REPEATEDLY. Ridiculous comparison.
    Ha I never got the end of that story tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    But Sinister is just a very, very bad and chaotic person. There's very little reasoning to really be done with him. He bas no honor, no real redeeming qualities of any kind. And yet because this one clone is a mutant, he gets into paradice while longtime allies like Captain Britain need a chaperone.
    Dude Brian Braddock doesn't need a chaperone. Where are you getting this stuff from? lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member

He was only going to be welcomed to Krakoa if Betsy allowed him in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    He was only going to be welcomed to Krakoa if Betsy allowed him in.
    Why is Cap Britain not allowed in though?
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    He is.
    Better start ducking Dude...
    lotta wild speculations flying around
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    He is.
    Better start ducking Dude...
    lotta wild speculations flying around
    Ightt bet.
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

*whew!*
    Storm &Namor NEVER hooked up (sadly) in the 616 Even if they did WTF would it matter?? There's been Explicitly NO Comparison to Krakoa to the EIC lol how would that even start

Gah! People are STILL stuck on that one throwaway line.I meeeean mutants ARE humanitys next step HENCE the animosity Thor....Hercules have all processed Godhood..why is that not irking people?

A Company can't be Evil The Hellfire various ventures were pretty legit. It was only their Inner Circle that had nefarious intentions

But he's chill with Dr. Doom? Dr. Nemesis was a Nazi but is on his team??? Captain America Just got over his bout with Nazism+ How many Earths did BP blow up during the inscursions??

Ehhh After the Avengers bumbled.into sh!t that didn't involve them, and BP used his country keep an underage mutant and enemies of Avengers cosmically powered P5

How are the X-Men salty? In what book did you find this? I wasn't being serious Accusing BP of saltiness. The lady at that.mutant hate meeting DOES make one think of Wakanda #jussayin

He's killed less Mutants than the Scarlet Witch
    Soooooo
    I'd say labelling someone who doesn't agree to a trade treaty as "naturally adverserial" falls under the category of salty.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'd say labelling someone who doesn't agree to a trade treaty as "naturally adverserial" falls under the category of salty.
    I think it’s more pragmatism than salt. They are a BRAND NEW nation. They are comprised of a people who have spent years being hunted to near extinction and back again by the same people who laud and love other super-powered beings just fine. Obviously, #NotAllHumans, but enough that the mutant nation is wary of the nations that refuse to accept Krakoa’s right to sovereignty. No mutant villain has caused the same sheer scale and depth of atrocity and horror against mutantkind as human villains have. They have no more reason, at this early stage, to trust humanity than an abuse victim has to trust someone who reminds them of their abuser. Mankind has allowed atrocity after atrocity against mutants, all across the globe. Expecting Krakoa to just offer blanket trust to all humans despite just six months ago being driven ONCE AGAIN to the point of extinction by human governments is no more reasonable than expecting an abused child to take in his abusive parents after finally becoming Emancipated. The fact that Krakoa is offering ANYTHING at this point is goddamned heroic in and of itself, all things considered.

‘Naturally adversarial’ is purely a practical view for Krakoa to take of a nation that refuses to acknowledge their right to exist. It doesn’t mean the X-Men will ‘invade’ and try to conquer those adversarial nations. It just means that they will likely approach interactions with those nations with the assumption that said nation wishes them harm, and prepare accordingly, with contingencies in place and planned shows of force, if necessary.

Refusing to accept the validity of someone or ‘something’ having the right to exist makes you a potential, if not probable, enemy to that person or ‘thing’. That’s just...logic. ESPECIALLY when you have been beaten and abused and mocked and demonized for your entire existence, just for existing.
    Last edited by zinderel; 11-04-2019 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Weird that the countries under Wakanda doesn't share the same labeling as their 'protector' Could Wakanda's proud stance be hurting these countries??
    20191103_180608.jpg
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Weird that the countries under Wakanda doesn't share the same labeling as their 'protector' Could Wakanda's proud stance be hurting these countries??
    20191103_180608.jpg
    What would give you that impression? If anything it’s about insulating those countries markets from Krakoan drugs or economic power to carve out a Wakandan sphere of influence in East Africa. We haven’t been given any insight into how the relationship works but since Wakanda is the wealthiest nation on Earth and its king genuinely wants to make it an agent of global change I’d bet it’s not too sinister.

Certainly Wakanda benefits but they’re not colonialists who exploit countries to keep their own strong. But I do think that Krakoa will make moves in those nations at some point. And I wouldn’t be too surprised if the X-Office had Wakanda supporting mutant-killing regimes in Africa to make them look bad. So yea maybe you’re right lol
    Last edited by chief12d; 11-04-2019 at 05:28 AM.

Wakanda does not need the mutant drug to cure cancer. They have already cured cancer... and they are not sharing.

Ha I never got the end of that story tbh
    Not much to 'not get'. Coates tackled it head-on in his current Cap run...

"Mystic spawn of the cosmic cube". That is how Marvel is defining Hydra!Cap. Who is a separate individual from the Steve Rogers we've known for decades, ergo our Steve Rogers is not responsible for anything Hydra!Cap did.

Astonishing Member

I’ not really sure why this thread still lives, seeing that it was created around a fake rumor

If when the X-Books declare that all non-mutant/non-magical superhumans are part of the novissma lineage, and that by extension every Marvel hero since Jim Hammond is anti-mutant, we can start worrying. Until then it’s a bit chicken little-y

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Because baselines are only permitted to pass through the gates with permission and if accompanied by a mutant. It doesn’t seem particularly hard to gain permission if Jubilee is raising Shogo on Krakoa proper and not in one of the habitats; so odds are any mutant Brian is on decent terms with can get him in (though probably not while Jamie’s being a pillock)

*whew!*
    Storm &Namor NEVER hooked up (sadly) in the 616 Even if they did WTF would it matter?? There's been Explicitly NO Comparison to Krakoa to the EIC lol how would that even start
    Didn’t they hook up in Age of X while their 616 minds were in the drivers seat.

As for the comparison between Hellfire and the EIC:
    “you want me to become the East India Trading Company of mutantdom don’t you?”
    “Yes.”
    - Emma Frost and Charles Xavier, Powers of X #5

Gah! People are STILL stuck on that one throwaway line.I meeeean mutants ARE humanitys next step HENCE the animosity Thor....Hercules have all processed Godhood..why is that not irking people?
    A promise of future dominion that is, by Moira’s own admission, a lie. Especially seeing as the fact that the non-X side possesses all the components for the Novissma path.

Besides, rising up into the air in Jerusalem and proclaiming your divinity works between after your big Lazarus plan.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    X-fans unironically stating how much they hate Scarlet Witch before asking how hero vs hero conflicts can badly effect characters.

Lol
    In fairness, it’s impossible to ignore that House of M did screw over the X-Men. And that not throwing Wanda and Pietro to the the wolves in CC has screwed over every non-X franchise by Wanda’s presence.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    IDidn’t they hook up in Age of X while their 616 minds were in the drivers seat.
    They had totally different lives tho.... different memories vand even when they got back to normal reality they had those memories erased

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    As for the comparison between Hellfire and the EIC:
    “you want me to become the East India Trading Company of mutantdom don’t you?”
    “Yes.”
    - Emma Frost and Charles Xavier, Powers of X #5
    Uhhh pretty sure that was talking about the Monopoly they'll have like the eic
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

They had totally different lives tho.... different memories vand even when they got back to normal reality they had those memories erased
    Fair enough.

Uhhh pretty sure that was talking about the Monopoly they'll have like the eic
    There are other examples of all-powerful big pharma that have less ominous connotations than the East India Company.

All that said, should a big event come, which dollars to doughnuts won’t be started by the X-Men, do the non-mutants even deserve to win?