Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: World War X

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I’ not really sure why this thread still lives, seeing that it was created around a fake rumor

If when the X-Books declare that all non-mutant/non-magical superhumans are part of the novissma lineage, and that by extension every Marvel hero since Jim Hammond is anti-mutant, we can start worrying. Until then it’s a bit chicken little-y

Because baselines are only permitted to pass through the gates with permission and if accompanied by a mutant. It doesn’t seem particularly hard to gain permission if Jubilee is raising Shogo on Krakoa proper and not in one of the habitats; so odds are any mutant Brian is on decent terms with can get him in (though probably not while Jamie’s being a pillock)

Didn’t they hook up in Age of X while their 616 minds were in the drivers seat.

As for the comparison between Hellfire and the EIC:
    “you want me to become the East India Trading Company of mutantdom don’t you?”
    “Yes.”
    - Emma Frost and Charles Xavier, Powers of X #5

A promise of future dominion that is, by Moira’s own admission, a lie. Especially seeing as the fact that the non-X side possesses all the components for the Novissma path.

Besides, rising up into the air in Jerusalem and proclaiming your divinity works between after your big Lazarus plan.

In fairness, it’s impossible to ignore that House of M did screw over the X-Men. And that not throwing Wanda and Pietro to the the wolves in CC has screwed over every non-X franchise by Wanda’s presence.
    I wouldn't go that far yet, but as events like Civil War and Days of Future Past have shown, it wouldn't take that much for humanity and/or the Sentinels to turn against the nonmutant superheroes as well, or decide once the mutants have been "dealt with" that it's the non-X-gene-bearing superhuman population's turn to burn, so to speak.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

How can Wakanda be a hostile nation if Storm is dating their king?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Legit, you asking the right questions.

What is Storm and TChalla relationship status post HoX? And how come Wakanda isn’t allying emselves with Krakoa? Huh
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

Wakanda didn't accept the deal because there was nothing in it for them. Accepting would have been all give and no get. Whether or not their king is dating a mutant is outside the real of statecraft.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Wakanda didn't accept the deal because there was nothing in it for them. Accepting would have been all give and no get. Whether or not their king is dating a mutant is outside the real of statecraft.
    What would they be giving
    GrindrStone(D)

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Why is Cap Britain not allowed in though?
    There was also the hint that Apocalypse may have nudged circumstances along to end up with Betsy taking the Captain Britain powers from Brian and thus making it a mutant possession, to further the development of Krakoan-use mutant magic. Brian may have been set up, and if Betsy is left with no choice in freeing him from Morgan Le Fay's control other than killing him, all the better for mutantkind.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Back in AvX, BP invaded Utopia with the Avengers and Stotm invaded Wakanda with the Xmen. And that was when they were married. Neither apparently allows their relationship status to effect matters of state.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    What would they be giving
    For starters, giving mutants amnesty if they commit a crime in Wakanda. If a mutant commits a crime in Wakandan soil and they don't acknowledge Krakoa as a nation, they can submit the mutant to Wakandan law.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Back in AvX, BP invaded Utopia with the Avengers and Stotm invaded Wakanda with the Xmen. And that was when they were married. Neither apparently allows their relationship status to effect matters of state.
    I’m pretty sure he divorced Storm on the spot after Namor levelled Wakanda

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

And I'm sure, as usual, the X-Office isn't acknowledging that Storm and Black Panther are in a relationship.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    And I'm sure, as usual, the X-Office isn't acknowledging that Storm and Black Panther are in a relationship.
    while usually that would be the order of the day, Hickman almost certainly knows better

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I’m pretty sure he divorced Storm on the spot after Namor levelled Wakanda
    He also wasn't king then.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Mighty Member

I think a legit word in that sentence would really be ...was. That would be your answer (and if you want, you can start from there too).

I guess it is time for Professor X to die again...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    I guess it is time for Professor X to die again...
    Death wasn’t much of an impediment to the X-Men before they became functional immortals, it won’t stop them now.

I’d be more worried about Domino.

Still, it’s bold for an anti-mutant group to take out a bunch of baselines in the process.