View Poll Results: What did you think of the first issue ?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awesome

2 66.67%
  • Great

1 33.33%
  • Average

0 0%
  • Meh

0 0%
  • Bad

0 0%

Default The Last God - Book 1 of the Fellspyre Chronicles

So, it's finally out, and oh my God was it awesome !

Riccardo Federici is killing it on art duty, with really incredible designs, while Sunny Go and Dean White have found just the right color palette for this to work.

Phillip Kennedy Johnson also does a great job at crafting a compelling and mysterious world, which makes you want to learn more about it and its characters. I can't really delve too deep into it right now, being at work and all, but I really love it so far and am hooked.

And you, what did you think about it ?

So, having had more time to digest the issue, here are my thought. There will obviously be spoilers !

spoilers:
    For starter, I really like the world - it's a little hard to understand the distinction between the different nations (save the Aelva) at first, without using the lore material at the end of the issue, but it remains nonetheless extremely intriguing. I got a very distinct Dragon Age vibe in the relation between Men and Aelvas, but I also like how the latter aren't looking weak. They clearly can be quite buff and deadly, but they just happened to have different values and civilizations which allowed the more aggressive Men to take over.

I also likes the tensions between all the Godlsayers, you can feel how they were all truly allies at some point but ended drifting apart. My theory is that the Riverman hero, Haakon, actually saw what Tyr (and possibly some others?) would do, in regard to the Last God, and chose to oppose it, and that's why he was painted a traitor by Tyr, and why he was removed from the Monolith. He was kind of the Rorschach of them all is my theory.

I also think that the young gladiator is Tyr or Cyanthe's son, possibly with Haakon if it's just the later, and that's why neither can stand to see him; the former because he is indeed is sins -having killed a friend and chosen to bargain with the Last God-, the latter because she probably was already engaged with Tyr when she had Haakon's son. Keep in mind that it's just speculation, here!

The Petals are looking just the right amount of atrocious, and you can feel the rot in Tyrgolad long before they even appear. The kingdom of lies is tarting to crumble, and following two adventures, those of the Godslayers and of the new heroes who will need to right their wrongs promise to be intriguing.
    end of spoilers