Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

The issue was looks absolutely amazing. That said for some reason it didn't really connect with me and with all the double shipping on these books I'm gonna have to drop out of this one.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Were people bitching this much when Remender had an arc in Otherworld during Uncanny X-Force?
    People DESPISED that arc. I've never seen so any people turn on a book so fast.

Oh ****, Feral’s back!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    People DESPISED that arc. I've never seen so any people turn on a book so fast.
    Otherworld was definitely my favourite arc in UXF. I guess I'm really into that kind of stuff.

I reckon that if all of the Dawn Of X books appealed to the same set of people then they’d not be doing their job properly. This one has wizards.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    In his entire 30+ years of publication it has never been hinted at. Using Celestial technology has always been his thing.
    He probably got the same treatment as Sinister, so I don't get why people are so angry about Apocalypse turning into some kind of a shaman (which doesn't mean he doesn't use Celestial tech) while no one said anything about Sinister being turned into a mutant.

Well I guess all the new books can be winners. Just kidding, this was ok. Apocalypse's new name was funny. This was the most by the numbers of the new X-books so far though IMO.

In his entire 30+ years of publication it has never been hinted at. Using Celestial technology has always been his thing.
    Doesn't feel like a stretch to me. He's been around forever, has been reborn many times and has transformed mutants into his horsemen. Plus we now know his long, connected history with Krakoa. I'm cool with magic = [A].
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Before the Celestial tech upgrade, En Sabah Nur stood alongside Imhotep against a Brood invasion in ancient Egypt that led to the formation of the Brotherhood of the SHIELD. It’s not a big leap to imagine, having interacted with the likes of Imhotep, Thor and Dracula among others, that • ••[A]•• • would have an interest in magic and mysticism that got pushed to the side in favor of the various mutant supremacy battles of the last few decades. Now that he has time for it, I don’t find it outlandish that he has more facets to him than just being a cyborg shapeshifter mutant supremacist.

This whole storyline is gonna see mutants doing things we haven’t seen them do before.

My only gripe is the display of groups of mutants. Yes I understand that many have fled to Krakoa, but show some more cameos of established characters.

Morgan Le Fay! I hope this means Spider-Woman will show up at some point !

Egg had just told Captain Britain that psychic interference can’t happen near the eggs because they’re delicate. So I doubt Xavier is doing any sort of brainwashing. “Edited versions” like resurrecting a younger Vulcan, maybe, but I don’t see there being much indoctrination happening after the resurrection.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    All X-Fans do anymore is complain, it seems.

Complain that their favorite character didn’t get the spotlight.
    Complain that someone else’s favorite character did.
    Complain that their favorite character got a spotlight but doesn’t feel right to them.
    Complain about the plot moving too slowly.
    Complain about it feeling rushed.
    Complain about the X-Men being baby-killers or kidnappers or racists or fascists (despite ZERO textual support for either of the first two accusations, and only tangential ‘evidence’ supporting the last two).
    Complain about extinction plots.
    Complain when mutants say ‘enough!’ and stand up against the aggressors plotting their extinction.
    Complain about how the X-Men are villains for defending themselves.
    Complain that the X-Men don’t defend themselves enough.
    Complain that a story isn’t complex enough and is too straightforward.
    Complain that it’s not straightforward enough and is too complex.
    Complain that continuity and history aren’t being respected/used.
    Complain that too much continuity/history is being used.

It’s exhausting...

I blame editorial for it, obviously, thanks to the Lost Decade of Marvel trying to quietly push X-Men under the table due to the movie rights issues. It seems to have poisoned the fandom against itself and the thing we all say we love, and there’s only so much that editorial can be blamed from if the fandom refuses to move past that...
    THIS!!! So much this! Maybe I will make this my new signature. This so true. The book was very good! The best out of all three up until now. I find it hilarious that some complain about Otherworld lack of info. We live in the age of internet. Goog;e it up guys. I for one would like to search new things.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Good lord that was an AMAZING first issue. So much happened yet it served perfectly to set things up. Awesome art as well. I loved everything about it. Best Dawn of X book so far
    Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    I agree Hovok83. Tbh I am surprised so many are not into it since I personally liked the issue so much but opinions differ.
    I really agree. 4.5/5 from me. I wanted more.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by djoki96 View Post
    He probably got the same treatment as Sinister, so I don't get why people are so angry about Apocalypse turning into some kind of a shaman (which doesn't mean he doesn't use Celestial tech) while no one said anything about Sinister being turned into a mutant.
    If I did not say it clearly before, I think Sinister being a mutant is dumb. I also think an island full of Sinisters is dumb. I am sure others mentioned not liking it either. However, the Sinister thing has long been getting so convoluted, and his whole thing is fascination with genetics and mutations, so whether someone likes it or not, there is some connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Doesn't feel like a stretch to me. He's been around forever, has been reborn many times and has transformed mutants into his horsemen. Plus we now know his long, connected history with Krakoa. I'm cool with magic = [A].
    One person not liking it does not mean someone else cannot be cool with it. Some people do not like it, and someone asked what that reason was. I would argue though that he has used Celestial tech to prolong his life, used that tech to create his horsemen, and his long connected history to Krakoa only exists right here and Krakoa has nothing to do with magic anyway even if he had lived on Krakoa his whole life.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Egg had just told Captain Britain that psychic interference can’t happen near the eggs because they’re delicate. So I doubt Xavier is doing any sort of brainwashing. “Edited versions” like resurrecting a younger Vulcan, maybe, but I don’t see there being much indoctrination happening after the resurrection.
    Editing the minds beforehand could still happen.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djoki96 View Post
    Are people angry? I don't think so. And tons of people questioned how Sinister is a Mutant, even though it was explained in book. It was a huge topic of conversation.

Here, we have Apoc sending out a challenging message to magic users, calling himself a sorceror, on the same day Chuck broadcasts to the world about Krakoa. I can see how people are wondering about it.