Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

As someone who never read Excalibur or other stories featuring most of these characters, I am all in.

Also hilarious is that Human and Mutant MAgic has become a game of X's and O's.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Amazing Member

WOW!!!

Would never have thought the title I was least interested in, has been my favorite so far.

Marauders has two of my top five favourite X-Men on the team, Excalibur doesn't have anyone I actually care about, and yet I thought this issue was a blast!

EDIT:

Also, I've never read Excalibur, don't know what Otherworld is.. But was able to follow along just fine. Had no idea Captain Britain wasn't a mutant. Amulet seems cool.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Congratulations? I've never seen people try to turn others away from a book they like before. But i guess there's a first time for everything.
    It would go over much better if you accepted that you should have done a little bit of research before getting into a series with deep lore instead of shooting passive agressive comments at people who are saying, hey maybe you should have done a little bit of research before getting into a comic with a very deep lore. Just a suggestion?

Ok so for someone that really liked it. Me.

I do think the data pages could have been better used.

They low key were a chore to read. And during the 5am read through. I was just not having it.

Gambit and Rogue COULD HAVE HAD A BETTER SHOWING. I agree. BUT i've literally been waiting since August 2018 to get some Betsy Braddock panel time that delves into her big change. And they got those two minis.

I do hope that Tini finds their voices. But I don't think they came off bad. And I actually liked that Rogue was like Betsy needs help BISH GET OUT DA WAY. Just reminded me of the Xtreme days. Yes I like that run. Sorry not sorry. The art helped me get through it. Until Igor Kordey came. No offense.
    Last edited by CGAR; 10-30-2019 at 01:03 PM.

BANNED

How does that sound though? I'm being serious. Is the average person really going down the google rabbit hole? If you were writing a review for this issue and wanted people to pick it up you would be all "make sure you have google open in another window."
    I'd say that to anyone getting into a series with 50 years worth of stories with thousands of individual issues?
    Last edited by Punch Dimension.; 10-30-2019 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    And I actually liked that Rogue was like Betsy needs help BISH GET OUT DA WAY. Just reminded me of the Xtreme days.
    Yes, this was one of my favourite panels too!

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Ok so for someone that really like it. Me.

I do think the data pages could have been better used.

They low key were a chore to read. And during the 5am read through. I was just not having it.

Gambit and Rogue COULD HAVE HAD A BETTER SHOWING. I agree. BUT i've literally been waiting since August 2018 to get some Betsy Braddock panel time that delves into her big change. And they got those two minis.

I do hope that Tini finds their voices. But I don't think they came off bad. And I actually liked that Rogue was like Betsy needs help BISH GET OUT DA WAY. Just reminded me of the Xtreme days. Yes I like that run. Sorry not sorry. The art helped me get through it. Until Igor Kordey came. No offense.
    You again are telling about Gambit and Rogue's 2 minis. They had nothing to do here. Gambit and Rogue were written bad here. Not enough of panel space but written bad.

So Gambit still a chump I see. SMH! Story was ok but doesn't seem worth it for a Gambit fan.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

BANNED

I feel like i'm in the middle of a story and have to work backwards and then forwards and hey maybe that's on my comprehension.
    Tbf this literally applies to every single person on this forum? We all started "in the middle" of the story.

Does Brian’s power still come from the amulet? Even in the original Excalibur it had moved to being his costume and back in mi13 I thought it was based on his confidence or something?

Quote Originally Posted by CityofAngels View Post
    Thought this was a good first issue, it makes sense why Betsy got so much focus this issue as it really sets up the main plot.

The Good:

• Enjoyable art
    • Backstory of the Braddock's was easy to understand for someone whom is vaguely aware.
    • I liked the Apocalypse and Trinary interactions as it's a good role for a character whom could've easily been forgotten.
    • I'm glad that "the good guys" aren't blindly welcoming Apocalypse to the team, it makes sense that Gambit was weary.

The Bad:

• Rogue comes across as a bit of a downer for no real reason, i'm unsure as to if this is a plot point.
    • Gambit comes across as very weak, shut down by Rogue and then again shut down by Apocalypse. Basically used as a tool to make Rogue look in charge and Apocalypse to look powerful, not a good showing for him.

Also whilst it makes sense for Betsy to get so much focus this issue, being a team book i hope the focus is shared more equally in future issues.

A good start!
    Agree with this review.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    You again are telling about Gambit and Rogue's 2 minis. They had nothing to do here. Gambit and Rogue were written bad here. Not enough of panel space but written bad.
    More like Rogue's two minis with Gambit as sidekick.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Didn’t the Amulet get merged with Brian’s costume way back when?

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

How does that sound though? I'm being serious. Is the average person really going down the google rabbit hole? If you were writing a review for this issue and wanted people to pick it up you would be all "make sure you have google open in another window."
    What was your experience with picking up your first X-Men book?

Did you know everything you needed to know in that first issue?

Did you want to know more?

Did you seek more?

And/or, did you stay along for the ride, to discover more as the story went, and to enjoy the story itself?

Rhetorical questions, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Am I wrong or are the characters in Apocalypse's Krakoan name not on the alphabet list.
    I'm never going to get somebody to respond on this am i