Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Awesome trailer, thank you for sharing. I'll take all the mutant fantasy adventure I can get!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

This guy seems to be a little dense and annoying.
    .but to be fair it is the only negative review i have seen...https://youtu.be/prt9aBYCzZw
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    GUYSS it was great! I freaking loved this book. It was so dense of content! And the magic, and the connection to mutants! And the art!
    My sentiments exactly.

This was really good,

My one issue is the coloring on some pages, i dont like the monochromatic pages.

Tini set up a-lot of story with this one issue.

BANNED

Tini's a god. To is a god. Arciniega is a god.

Ready for issue two.

I thought it was fun and it gave me a Justice League Dark vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post

Ready for issue two.
    Ha Marcus To liked one of my tweets!
    20191030_224817.jpg
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post

Ready for issue two.
    Indeed.

Your avatar is hot.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Indeed.

Your avatar is hot.
    Everything Dauterman makes is hot.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Not super jazzed on this book, never been really into all the British Isles lore stuff but this was OK

Trinary is actually kinda my fave part so far, and I am liking Apoc's new look as well. Betsy as Capt Britain is meh

Rogue/Gambit eh

Jubes eh

TBH this book is kinda low tier for me at this moment, the Coven Akkabba stuff at the end well... idk, I was hoping they would play En Sabah Nur as a trusted reliable member of Council straight but they're seemingly already setting him up to be a "villain" oh well
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

I must say I loved 90% of the issue, and if you're a fan of Fantasy and Superheroic fantasy. Then this series is for you. While Marauders is more a fun swashbuckling romp, this is Queen Arthur with deep mythology and Mutant Magic tied into a family familiar with such things.

My biggest issue is actually the art, which I love. Most of us who do art have our styles, I like thicker curvier women, and that's what I mostly draw. To is becoming one of my favorite Betsy Artists. He makes her looks so good. However, all of his women in normal clothes tend to look alike. Once they are in a costume the differences become apparent. Betsy is curvier again, Rogue is Athletic and powerful, Jubilee is lithe and quick looking etc.

That's really my only issue with this issue.

The storyline they are building makes sense for the Braddock clan, HOW she becomes Captain Britain makes sense. WHY she goes by Betsy now makes sense etc.

The only other issue I have is them constantly trying to retcon her into being a tomboy. Who hated dresses and loved pants. For most people who've never read the Captain Britain series, this won't matter much. That's not your Betsy. But for those of who have, Know she loved dresses and skirts lol. She wore them constantly.

So outside of a minor retcon and some art issues that will probably adjust later, I like the direction and have always wanted more Otherworld. HEAR HEAR!

Mighty Member

I liked some of the set up to the issue. I didn’t realize Camelot and Avalon were part of Otherworld.. I didn’t like how everyone called it “the Otherworld”. I don’t think I ever heard anyone refer to it like that in the past. I’m excited to see Betsy’s new direction since she’s been one of my favorite characters. I’m not thrilled about Rogue not being able to fully control her powers. I thought that was resolved unless the sex with Gambit is that good that she loses concentration! Hope so! Ha. Some of the dialogue between Betsy and Brian, and Betsy and Jamie were hokey due to explain who they are to new readers and I hope that will be the last of it. I’m interested in seeing this magic that comes from Otherworld.

I am interested in seeing what Apocalypse has planned. With his history with Krakoa and Arakko, I am not surprised that there is a Coven Akkaba. He and his horsemen held off invaders that came from under. I’m sure he was curious about where they came from and what mystical powers they may have had. He knew that portal led to Otherworld and was being blocked. We all know he knows more than he is giving up.

This was much better than I was anticipating. Art was solid, story got me hooked and the pace was pretty spot on for a #1. Another 4/5 for the relaunch.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Fantastic Member

I liked it. More than X-Men, less than Marauders. I liked the Brian/Betsy fight. Confused about Rogue interacting with the portal, we will see what comes of that. Apocalypse as a magic user isn't something I expected, but I'm ok with it. Slight continuity issue if Apocalypse shared his magic message right after Xaviers....he wasnt on Krakoa at the time.

It'll be interesting to see Gambit and Rogue with an eventually baby. I didn't like the depiction of Shogo, he's like three or four, should not be strapped in that holder. I know some people think Jubilee being there was random, but I enjoy that they tried to justify it, unlike Pyro in marauders.

I won't revisit the discussion on how much pre-existing knowledge you need or don't need for the book, but I feel House of X dug into some pretty deep dives on continuity too.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I thought it was fun and it gave me a Justice League Dark vibe.
    Its got a huge JLD vibe

I wasn't very interested when they first announced this book, but it's slowly grown on me. Its going to be interesting to see them tie the Apocalypse and Clan Akabba mythos into the Otherworld mythos.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Fantastic Member

Wasn’t really sure I would care for Excalibur at all but so far it’s the one whose plot I’m most interested in, and this most interested in reading. A shame it’ll be almost a month for the next one. Betsy looks gorgeous here and I am hopeful that jubilee has more of a presence in the future. Hope that rogue isn’t MIA for too long either.