Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Were people bitching this much when Remender had an arc in Otherworld during Uncanny X-Force?

BANNED

I grew up with Kinky Grandpa Chris and I love his heyday. I even have a lot of fondness for Revolution/Counter-X, warts, craziness and all. I also think XXM, New Excalibur and his Exiles are largely unreadable.

Sage is a cool concept/character reinvention he rarely did well with. She just became all his beloved female characters rolled into one poorly used package. But I am glad Tessa's back, bc the concept is fantastic and ripe with potential. That's because of Chris, his silly usage of her aside. (Grant also used her well)

I had a fever dream where I imagined Merlyn, Necrom, Feron and Nimue were Apocalypse’s first Horsemen.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I did, but the interviews also made it sound like it would be a fresh jumping on point to explore mutant magic. All of the books so far imo have been pretty reader family and i just feel too much was fit into this issue for me to really understand or grasp it with no prior information on this side of the x-world. It could have been introduced better, but that's just my opiniion. Even the data pages could have been used to spell out a little of what we don't know but they weren't. It was too much too fast for me.
    To be fair this mutant magic is a new concept for everyone, maybe that's exactly what the writer was aiming for....have people ask themselves some interesting but still unanswered questions
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by mozzle View Post
    I guess we just have different mindsets. I am never passive with the stories I engage with, regardless of medium. I don't go into one with the expectation to be entertained, regardless of what I myself put into it.

With film, I expect to be challenged. My beliefs, my ideas, and often even my patience. Books, my perspective, and comics, well serialized superhero comics are the closest thing we have to modern mythology. I can't imagine not looking stuff up when reading about characters / places in the marvel universe I'm unfamiliar with. And I don't want that stuff spoon fed to me, because I think that can come at the cost of the story, due to the nature of the short page count of comics. Plus the world seems so much bigger in scope, when I'm diving through lore to try and make sense of something.
    If it was more interesting maybe i would have felt the drive to do so. But knowing nothing about this stuff i'm just not in a rush to go do all this research. I have a million other things to do and maybe when i have some free time i will but i'm just sharing my thoughts on a book i wanted to like and i honestly am starting to understand how those people feel when they say if you say anything perceived as negative all of a sudden your a complainer, your this your that. For me personally it doesn't bother me but it is a turn off and makes me just want to back up out of here and go find something i enjoy to do. At least some posters have actually tried to help some of that are trying to understand what we just read rather than acting like they are above it all or some sort of scholar because they read past material.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I did, but the interviews also made it sound like it would be a fresh jumping on point to explore mutant magic. All of the books so far imo have been pretty reader family and i just feel too much was fit into this issue for me to really understand or grasp it with no prior information on this side of the x-world. It could have been introduced better, but that's just my opiniion. Even the data pages could have been used to spell out a little of what we don't know but they weren't. It was too much too fast for me.
    No I get it. Understandable.

Eh, I'm not gonna lie and say I'll enjoy reading a book to have my favorite character being a supporting cast for another one. I like this team, with the exception of Apocalypse, but if Rogue gets treated as a plot device or benched for any significant amount of time, I'm out. which given the solicits...

I'll give Tini a break for issue one, since it's clearly heavy setup issue, but that's as far as I'll go. Hopefully next issue is better. :/
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 10-30-2019 at 10:24 AM.

All-New Member

I would just like to say...as a new reader who is just coming back to the X-Men comics for the first time since Morrison and has never read a previous Captain Britain or Excalibur comic before (though I am very familiar with Apocalypse, Betsy, Gambit, and Rogue), the book was very friendly to me. In fact, I liked it better than the other two ongoings because of its richness.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Good lord that was an AMAZING first issue. So much happened yet it served perfectly to set things up. Awesome art as well. I loved everything about it. Best Dawn of X book so far
    I agree Hovok83. Tbh I am surprised so many are not into it since I personally liked the issue so much but opinions differ.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    Rehabilitated may not be too kind a word. It's more likely Xavier just altered their minds.
    We don't know that they've been mind controlled or forcibly altered, so I'm sticking with that.

BANNED

Now I see why Tini only talked about • •• A •• • and Betsy in her interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    We don't know that they've been mind controlled or forcibly altered, so I'm sticking with that.
    Anyway, as telepathy in the real world does not exist, the difference between "telepathic therapy" and "brain washing" is a matter of semantics.

The focus on Betsy was much overdue and needed imo
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Read the issue. Enjoyed it for the most part. But as someone who has only marginally followed the X-Men since 2008....

What’s with Rogue’s powers? Last I saw she had Wonder Man’s powers AND had control over her powers after all these years. Also it was always people... how would her powers work on a gate? Is she absorbing Krakoa?

What has been the status of Otherworld since Alan Davis left Excalibur all those years ago? He and Claremont were the only ones to really use it to any extent.

I love how Betsy is being handled. Apocalypse suddenly has new powers (was he ever telepathic or magical in anything else?)

I do look forward to the next issue!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Anyway, as telepathy in the real world does not exist, the difference between "telepathic therapy" and "brain washing" is a matter of semantics.
    Well, sure, but this is X-Men comics. We've seen all kinds. I believe Gabriel could be rehabilitated, or at worse rolled back to pre-Deadly Genesis. Which I suppose you could call a violation. Anyway, for now, like the judge said, I'm sticking with "I know it when I see it." If someone without a tragic backstory, like Selene, shows up baking cookies and leading the Krakoan Girl Scouts that's another story.