Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Read the issue. Enjoyed it for the most part. But as someone who has only marginally followed the X-Men since 2008....

What’s with Rogue’s powers? Last I saw she had Wonder Man’s powers AND had control over her powers after all these years. Also it was always people... how would her powers work on a gate? Is she absorbing Krakoa?

What has been the status of Otherworld since Alan Davis left Excalibur all those years ago? He and Claremont were the only ones to really use it to any extent.

I love how Betsy is being handled. Apocalypse suddenly has new powers (was he ever telepathic or magical in anything else?)

I do look forward to the next issue!
    Being able to manipulate his own atomic structure apocalypse is kinda able to grant himself any power
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Read the issue. Enjoyed it for the most part. But as someone who has only marginally followed the X-Men since 2008....

What’s with Rogue’s powers? Last I saw she had Wonder Man’s powers AND had control over her powers after all these years. Also it was always people... how would her powers work on a gate? Is she absorbing Krakoa?

What has been the status of Otherworld since Alan Davis left Excalibur all those years ago? He and Claremont were the only ones to really use it to any extent.

I love how Betsy is being handled. Apocalypse suddenly has new powers (was he ever telepathic or magical in anything else?)

I do look forward to the next issue!
    Apocalypse powers has always been up to the writer. However,he has displayed telepathy before.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Good lord that was an AMAZING first issue. So much happened yet it served perfectly to set things up. Awesome art as well. I loved everything about it. Best Dawn of X book so far
    Absolutely agree!
    I savoured every panel, the action was fantastic, loved all the characterisations and guest stars, so much future plot set up and the fans are crying out for past Excalibur stars to appear, like Saturnyne, Sage & Dazzler, Pete Wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Well, sure, but this is X-Men comics. We've seen all kinds. I believe Gabriel could be rehabilitated, or at worse rolled back to pre-Deadly Genesis. Which I suppose you could call a violation. Anyway, for now, like the judge said, I'm sticking with "I know it when I see it." If someone without a tragic backstory, like Selene, shows up baking cookies and leading the Krakoan Girl Scouts that's another story.
    It could be an interesting philosophical debate. Would you rather be resurrected without part of your memories or remain dead? Because reviving "War of Kings" Vulcan was not an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Not really.
    While being a powerful sorceress in her own right, Magik's power is mainly through her specific training and life as connected to Limbo. I'm guessing it may not work or be of much use in Otherworld where it's implied that it's a very different Source of magic being applied.
    Also...
    Her magic abilities are not her mutant power...her teleportation via Limbo is.
    OK, so state that in the book? I cannot be the only person who read this issue and wondered why a book centered around magic did not include Magik, Selene, etc?

Regardless of her actual mutant power, she is one of the very few mutant magic users.

I am not saying I want or need her in this book. I actually prefer her inclusion in New Mutants. But for something so obvious, there should be an in-story explanation. And if that is her Limbo based mojo is useless in Otherworld, OK, I am cool with that.

I grew up with Kinky Grandpa Chris and I love his heyday. I even have a lot of fondness for Revolution/Counter-X, warts, craziness and all. I also think XXM, New Excalibur and his Exiles are largely unreadable.

Sage is a cool concept/character reinvention he rarely did well with. She just became all his beloved female characters rolled into one poorly used package. But I am glad Tessa's back, bc the concept is fantastic and ripe with potential. That's because of Chris, his silly usage of her aside. (Grant also used her well)
    If there was one thing about her I didn't like in X-treme X-Men run, it was CC giving her those new "mutant plot device" powers. That sucked. He could have at least specified what she can, and what she cannot do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    Absolutely agree!
    I savoured every panel, the action was fantastic, loved all the characterisations and guest stars, so much future plot set up and the fans are crying out for past Excalibur stars to appear, like Saturnyne, Sage & Dazzler, Pete Wisdom.
    I do think Saturnyne is coming. As for the others, beyond Pete I'd prefer Feron, Kylun, the Stuarts, etc. But then that gets into "if I made the roster", so nvm

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Gambit was talking about getting frisky and rogue said she is not wearing a collar in paradise. She also had to take her gloves off to use her power where we saw in MMX and Captain Marvel she doesn't need to touch the green power signature comes out.
    Well I knew that but I was assuming she still needed the bracelet for sex purposes.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Eh, it wasn't bad.

Some nice set up, good art, and everyone was almost written in character.

Not a fan of how Brian is being used, but this isnt a book about him, so was expected.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I mostly liked it. There was a lot of set up, much like Strikeforce, so I suspect the next issue will improve. To's art is great.

I'm not overly familiar with Otherworld, but I thought the issue told me everything I need to know about it, so I don't agree about that complaint.

When Jubilee joined the others she said something about Shogo that made it seem like A had some interest in seeing him, am I the only one who read it that way?

Jamie's scene was fun, looking forward to more with him.

The data pages didn't add much for me, it just sounded like nonsense. The magical equivalent of techno jargon.

I think the guy in the red neckerchief in some backgrounds was supposed to be Rictor? It's hard to tell, I love To's work, but some of his characters can get a little same face.

I do think Saturnyne is coming. As for the others, beyond Pete I'd prefer Feron, Kylun, the Stuarts, etc. But then that gets into "if I made the roster", so nvm
    Saturnyne feels like a ‘must’. She’s too intimately tied to Captain Britain’s story to NOT show up. As much as I love Feron and Kylun and Widget and the Stuart’s and the Crazy Gang and the TechNet...those might be too ‘out there’ or obscure for modern readers to bother with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I mostly liked it. There was a lot of set up, much like Strikeforce, so I suspect the next issue will improve. To's art is great.

I'm not overly familiar with Otherworld, but I thought the issue told me everything I need to know about it, so I don't agree about that complaint.

When Jubilee joined the others she said something about Shogo that made it seem like A had some interest in seeing him, am I the only one who read it that way?

Jamie's scene was fun, looking forward to more with him.

The data pages didn't add much for me, it just sounded like nonsense. The magical equivalent of techno jargon.

I think the guy in the red neckerchief in some backgrounds was supposed to be Rictor? It's hard to tell, I love To's work, but some of his characters can get a little same face.
    Yeah the complaint about not knowing Otherworld doesn't sound like a good complaint lol. I know very little but I guess I'll need to catch up.

I liked the data pages, but I really like magic stuff so it was quite satisfying for me. I liked the math she threw in even though I didn't really get it lol.

Saturnyne is definitely the White Witch.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    OK, so state that in the book? I cannot be the only person who read this issue and wondered why a book centered around magic did not include Magik, Selene, etc?

Regardless of her actual mutant power, she is one of the very few mutant magic users.

I am not saying I want or need her in this book. I actually prefer her inclusion in New Mutants. But for something so obvious, there should be an in-story explanation. And if that is her Limbo based mojo is useless in Otherworld, OK, I am cool with that.
    It just didnt fit the narrative. You just wanted someone to stop and be like hey Magik does magic?

I mean I guess they could have since that's what they did with Jubilee.

But I'm fine without them mentioning Selene or Magik.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Saturnyne feels like a ‘must’. She’s too intimately tied to Captain Britain’s story to NOT show up. As much as I love Feron and Kylun and Widget and the Stuart’s and the Crazy Gang and the TechNet...those might be too ‘out there’ or obscure for modern readers to bother with.
    But, but, they’re fabulous! And the idea of Gambit or Apocalypse dealing with Gatecrasher... she can’t still be living on Brighton Pier.

Selene fits too many possible scenarios and she's being ignored lol! She could work both here and in Marauders.

Le Fey is fine as the evil witch character tho. And she's pretty OP so I wonder how they'll deal with her.