Default War of The Worlds II - This Time It's Omniversal

In the history you know, on this day in 1938 Martians landed in Grover's Mill, New Jersey to begin an invasion of the Earth. Fortunately for humanity their conquest was thwarted when they proved susceptible to our planet's microorganisms and their entire invasion force died. But now, on the anniversary of their first invasion attempt, they have returned to try again. This time they have immunized themselves against our germs. What's worse, they haven't come alone. With them are forces from every version of Mars that has ever attacked our world or our people.

Fortunately for us, we too have new allies to defend us. Every military force, organization or hero group in the Omniverse that has defended an Earth against alien invaders has answered our call for help. Together they will do their best to protect humanity, defend our civilization and repel these invaders from the planet. The question is whether they will succeed and what condition will our world be in once the fighting is over.

Only Martians who have either invaded our world or exhibited hostility to humanity are part of the invasion force. Friendly Martians like J'onn Jonz are not participating.

Only heroes and organizations which have fought against an actual attempted invasion of Earth are defending the world. Those who just fought a handful of alien villains just visiting to cause trouble but not attempting planetary conquest are not included.

I, The Watcher, pose this question to you all,

What If Every Hostile Martian Ever Attacked Every Defender of Earth?
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

The MunchKING kind of likes this little blue dirtball.

I'd like to see the Martian who thinks their army can defeat me!! (but not one that actually COULD beat me, cause then I'd have to retreat and come back with more prep.)
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

I would genuinely imagine that the heroes of Marvel and DC would be enough to defend against every Martian in fiction. At some point, the Avengers, Justice League, X-Men and countless other teams/individuals with hugely versatile powersets have defended Earth against invaders from other planets. I think that alone would ensure Earth's safety.

It wouldn't actually surprise me if the heroes of the MCU, DCEU and Fox movies were enough; the Avengers, the Justice League, Doctor Strange, Wakanda, Fantastic Four, X-Men etc.

So, Marvel Earth (616) has fought off Skrull invasions and the like. Same with DC Earth. Right away that sort of deals with a LOT of martians.

White Martians remain a pretty big threat I suppose. What is the win condition for team Martian? Does Earth have to be intact? If it's intact but in rough condition does that count as a win?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member

The combined Pantheons, Norse, Olympians, Hindu, etc. once banded together to attempt to try to stop the Celestials, by themselves or with the charged up Destroyer. Do the Celestials count as invaders? If so, then the skyfathers, can take out all the Martians.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    What is the win condition for team Martian? Does Earth have to be intact? If it's intact but in rough condition does that count as a win?
    Well, it's an invasion so I'd say they have to maintain control over a significant fraction of the world to get a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    The combined Pantheons, Norse, Olympians, Hindu, etc. once banded together to attempt to try to stop the Celestials, by themselves or with the charged up Destroyer. Do the Celestials count as invaders? If so, then the skyfathers, can take out all the Martians.
    No, the Celestials weren't coming to takeover the planet so I wouldn't include the combined pantheons opposing them.

Now the gods who launched a counter-attack against the Skrull gods during Secret Invasion though would count as defenders.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member