Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Better Call Saul season 5

Any thoughts on this? Basically the season was delayed until 2020 (possibly to accomodate El Camino?) although it's now filming. The series of course is a prequel to the series, not only dealing with the origins of lawyer Saul Goodman (actually Jimmy Mcgill) but also setting up fixer Mike, Gus Fring, and the Salemanca cartel as well as mentioned but not seen in Breaking Bad characters like Nacho and Lalo.

The last season brought things even more closer to Breaking Bad, with Mcgill finding new con loopholes such as burner phones, and of course gaining a new practice under his fake name. On the flip side of the storyline, Hector-due to Gus and Nacho's machinations became the bell-ringing, wheelchair bound character that he was in Breaking Bad. Mike pretty much let even more of his morality fade as he was forced to execute the builder of the laundry superlab.

Plus the story of present-day Jimmy, "Gene" continued in the black and white mini-episode, with a taxi driver from ABQ possibly recognizing him.

I'm curious as to how things are going to go. Most mysterious are the fates of Jimmy's concerned girlfriend/occasional partner-in-con Kim and associate/semi-rival Howard, as well as Nacho, who although mentioned in BB was done in a sort of ambiguous way.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I think we have 1 or 2 more seasons left and I think Lalo Salamanca could be a way to bring the Jimmy/Mike storylines together. I think Nacho is still alive in BB but on the run, Howard would die because of Jimmy somehow, while Kim cuts all ties and leaves NM altogether.

BANNED

All I know is this show is fucking fantastic.

It may be controversial to say, but I think it might be better than Breaking Bad. Or at least more impressive how great it is given it's a prequel.

This show managed to successfully flesh out the past of Huell Babineaux.

If only for that it was up to that task, it is probably Breaking Bad's equal.

Never mind that it has the whole corner that is Chuck McGill.

Bumping this as the series is finally coming back next month. Also it's announced that two more BB cast will be back-but it's not Walt and Jessie.

https://www.cbr.com/better-call-saul...bk_67dYJyqPsxg

I'm starting to hope Walter and Jesse never show up in BCS.

And I am hyped for the new season. Love this show.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I'm starting to hope Walter and Jesse never show up in BCS.

And I am hyped for the new season. Love this show.
    Same, might be my favorite current TV show. I even go so far as to say it's on par with BB, even more impressive in many ways.

I think I like it more. It benefits from coming after BB. It feels better executed from the start, whereas BB I felt had some growing pains.

I think I like it more. It benefits from coming after BB. It feels better executed from the start, whereas BB I felt had some growing pains.
    While I feel the same way, it seems like the "Corner" of the overall story that this is based around is just going to draw some folks in a bit more.

It's kind of interesting that pretty much every returning character in BCS with the exception of Tuco didn't show up until the second or third seasons of BB.

If they did do some prequel stuff with Walt and Jessie I think it'd be interesting to see what exactly happened with Walt and Grey Matter, but that's wayyyy further back in time (Even the Grey Matter bits in the show were shown in dark lighting as well, to hide Cranston and Jessica Hecht's age).

BANNED

I wouldn't argue. It's just so impressive to me that they are doing a prequel to a beloved show, where we know the fate of so many of the characters, and yet they have made it so compelling. Brilliantly written show.

Anyone catch the series premiere?

I dug it but i feel like the prequel element is starting to feel like a detriment.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Anyone catch the series premiere?

I dug it but i feel like the prequel element is starting to feel like a detriment.
    Saw the first two episodes (the second was on Monday, it's time slot.) It will be fun watching as we get closer to the day Walter walks into his office, but the two questions that will be answered (probably in the last episode next season) are; What happens to Kim and what happens to Gene (Saul) in Omaha.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Saw the first two episodes (the second was on Monday, it's time slot.) It will be fun watching as we get closer to the day Walter walks into his office, but the two questions that will be answered (probably in the last episode next season) are; What happens to Kim and what happens to Gene (Saul) in Omaha.
    A friend pointed out that it seemed to him like The Kansas City Royals AAA team might be in Omaha.

Not even sure if that's actually the case, but it is an interesting possibility.

Nacho and Lalo's fates are also up in the air; we know the rest of the Salamanca gang make it to BB but not those two, although Saul does mention them in his first appearance.

There's also Howard of course.

I'm guessing Mike finds some sense of balance between his family and his work for Gus, as despite the drama, Kacey and to a lesser extent Stacy (played by a different actress) appear in BB.