View Poll Results: Which writer did you like better?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Robinson

9 40.91%
  • Wilson

13 59.09%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Robinson vs Wilson

Who did it better?

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Robinson’s was bad in a whole different way but, all in all, I enjoyed it more. There were a few cool action scenes and none of that trite political schlock that kjn calls philosophy

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Wilson, but in some ways it's worse because it was a bigger letdown. I had higher expectations that it gradually failed and failed to meet. Robinson was disappointing, but you could see the problems coming much earlier. Especially as it initially focused on Grail and Jason

I don't think there is a single issue I liked in Robinson's run.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

For me, both are in the bottom 5 of WW runs. Wilson only edges out Robinson because of the ridiculous character that is/was Jason.

Incredible Member

While I didn't particularly enjoy either run, I'll go for Robinson. I was able to read more of his issues, and I did enjoy his Silver Swan arc.

I gave up Wilson very early into the run. I just really, really did not like The Just War arc. It soured me to Wilson, and from what I've read here, I haven't found a reason to read the rest of her arcs.

I have to go with Robinson because the scale was grander and the stakes were higher. The way Grail systematically went about murdering demigods like Perseus and Hercules to increase Darkseid's power was exciting. Fallout like Hercules leaving Diana all his money and property and secretly training Jason were good too. The aforementioned Silver Swan arc was my favorite with her since the first one with Helen Alexandros and I liked how he included Dr. Psycho as in that story, but gave him a larger role that remains unseen by Wonder Woman.

I enjoyed Robinson's characterization of Diana and how he made her more self-aware, sarcastic and imperfect while constantly striving to do right by her brother who was an unmitigated disaster. I still maintain that we weren't supposed to like Jason. He was just a dangling plot thread that it seems editorial mandated Robinson take care of and he did so by making Jason as distasteful as possible yet still able to be used by another writer. Ultimately making him more powerful than Diana was huge mistake that won't be forgiven but it probably insures that we won't have to see him again due to his utter hatred by Wonder Woman fandom. So in a way Robinson did us a backhanded favor.
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 10-30-2019 at 08:16 PM.

One of my issues is Hippoltya lying. I'm not saying she shouldn't be flawed. Rather Hippoltya has many times not followed the gods orders and wasn't feared to stand up to them. But here we have her being so scared to do that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    For me, both are in the bottom 5 of WW runs. Wilson only edges out Robinson because of the ridiculous character that is/was Jason.
    For me there is little to nothing between them. Both of them undersold Diana, had an arc relating to a Paradise Island that was pretty disappointing, spent time killing off a major god of Diana’s pantheon just because, and advanced their own characters at the expense of WW.

I guess if I had to choose the one I hated less, probably GWW... but only just.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Spectacular Member

Robinson. But i am a Darkseid fan...

If forced to choose, I guess I'd go with Wilson, but that's not saying much. How about a "tie" option for the poll?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Tough one cuz Robinson tried to tie up a Justice League loose end for continuity sake.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    If forced to choose, I guess I'd go with Wilson, but that's not saying much. How about a "tie" option for the poll?
    I thought that too ��
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Wilson was disappointing, but Robinson was painful to read. His artistic collaborators were generally much stronger with the exception of Xermanico who could draw WW for the rest of my life.

Wilson's run was bland and uninspiring, but Robinson's run was abysmal, and second only to Finch in terms of sheer wretchedness.