Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Good point on the last one, and speaking of Sentinels, I remember he and Ben Reilly fought one when one of the Spider-Man issues of the time tied into Onslaught. Said Sentinel also detected Mary Jane's pregnancy as some kind of genetic anomaly, hinting that baby May might or would have been a mutant.
    If he only said "genetic anomaly", then it could be just a hint that she'd have Spider-powers.

And this talk of Cyke and Spidey reminds me I've only seen them interact twice, once in Secret Wars and another in some story that is basically the prologue of AvX, in both Cyke used his optic blast on Spidey, kinda weird that's what I just happened to see with 'em lol.

As for interactions between them, honestly I imagine that they would have no chemistry and try to interact anyways, but can't ever get far in whatever subject they try to start lol.

Just hope that if they do interact we don't have that generic shit of "I don't like Spider-Man because he makes too many jokes", 'cause Cyke is used to being around people like that, and he's ultimately a patient guy, he can not like Spidey for other reasons, just do it in a way that'd be in-character.

Also Jack, in the conversation up there, you missed the opportunity of having Cyke mention that he's now working with Sinister, and for Spidey to be shocked at the very idea of working with someone who made clones of him .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    If he only said "genetic anomaly", then it could be just a hint that she'd have Spider-powers.

And this talk of Cyke and Spidey reminds me I've only seen them interact twice, once in Secret Wars and another in some story that is basically the prologue of AvX, in both Cyke used his optic blast on Spidey, kinda weird that's what I just happened to see with 'em lol.

As for interactions between them, honestly I imagine that they would have no chemistry and try to interact anyways, but can't ever get far in whatever subject they try to start lol.

Just hope that if they do interact we don't have that generic shit of "I don't like Spider-Man because he makes too many jokes", 'cause Cyke is used to being around people like that, and he's ultimately a patient guy, he can not like Spidey for other reasons, just do it in a way that'd be in-character.

Also Jack, in the conversation up there, you missed the opportunity of having Cyke mention that he's now working with Sinister, and for Spidey to be shocked at the very idea of working with someone who made clones of him .
    Spidey shouldn't be that shocked. He was willing to work with Jackal when he thought he was the clone all along. That said, it's been argued back and forth whether or not the baby that would've grown up to be Spider-Girl in MC2 would count as a mutant or not, since her powers were innate but dormant until her teens, much like the experience of most X-gene mutants.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Bring back the Sinister's Six

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    That would be fun, although Sinister would be jeopardizing his standing in Krakoa by doing that now, I'd think.

Spidey shouldn't be that shocked. He was willing to work with Jackal when he thought he was the clone all along.
    It's not because he did something like that, that he should expect other people to do it as well though.

That said, it's been argued back and forth whether or not the baby that would've grown up to be Spider-Girl in MC2 would count as a mutant or not, since her powers were innate but dormant until her teens, much like the experience of most X-gene mutants.
    It'd be a very weird coincidence for her to have a an X-gene and just happen to have the same exact powers as Peter lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    That name was just genius lol.

That would be fun, although Sinister would be jeopardizing his standing in Krakoa by doing that now, I'd think.
    Considering they now work together, he wouldn't need to make clones, and just make his own team with mutants, maybe it could be joked that he's going for that because Marauders is currently in use .

It's not because he did something like that, that he should expect other people to do it as well though.

It'd be a very weird coincidence for her to have a an X-gene and just happen to have the same exact powers as Peter lol.

That name was just genius lol.

Considering they now work together, he wouldn't need to make clones, and just make his own team with mutants, maybe it could be joked that he's going for that because Marauders is currently in use .
    Not quite exact. According to official stats (and what's been seen in the comics themselves), Mayday is half as strong as Peter was, but more than matches him in terms of agility, and her spider-sense is developed to the point she can perceive her opponents' weak spots. Also, her adhesive ability, described as a kind of bio-magnetism, has evolved to the point that she can make anyone touching the same surface as her stick to that surface or forcibly repel them. That said, Sinister sending out his own team of six mutants for his hidden agenda could be the thing to trigger a fight between Spider-Man and the X-Men without making either side the bad guy, as it would turn out they were both being played by him, and Sinister has messed with Spider-Man in the past (and Spider-Man's family in Renew Your Vows). And yes, you do raise a good point about Spider-Man/Jackal vs. X-Men/Mister Sinister, since the latter alliance isn't plotting genocide of the human race, so in a way, Spidey would have less of a leg to stand on.

Not quite exact. According to official stats (and what's been seen in the comics themselves), Mayday is half as strong as Peter was, but more than matches him in terms of agility, and her spider-sense is developed to the point she can perceive her opponents' weak spots. Also, her adhesive ability, described as a kind of bio-magnetism, has evolved to the point that she can make anyone touching the same surface as her stick to that surface or forcibly repel them.
    Huh, that's a creative way to make her power set stand out, nice.

That said, Sinister sending out his own team of six mutants for his hidden agenda could be the thing to trigger a fight between Spider-Man and the X-Men without making either side the bad guy, as it would turn out they were both being played by him, and Sinister has messed with Spider-Man in the past (and Spider-Man's family in Renew Your Vows).
    Thing is, that Sinister can't just be a villain for Spidey/X-Men to fight now, he's part of Krakoa, one of its leaders to boot, I know he's probably going to eventually betray Krakoa, but when that happens, it's gotta be a big deal, can't be just in any story.

Best way I can see that being done is by making him have a clone around who has his memories but none of his plans, so he could be a threat in the background without other people knowing he's being a villain again, but doing that in secret in a living island when Xavier is in charge of the clones and everyone's minds would be complicated.

And yes, you do raise a good point about Spider-Man/Jackal vs. X-Men/Mister Sinister, since the latter alliance isn't plotting genocide of the human race, so in a way, Spidey would have less of a leg to stand on.
    I'm not saying Spidey should be accusing or judging him, just comment that it's a weird situation to be in.

Huh, that's a creative way to make her power set stand out, nice.

Thing is, that Sinister can't just be a villain for Spidey/X-Men to fight now, he's part of Krakoa, one of its leaders to boot, I know he's probably going to eventually betray Krakoa, but when that happens, it's gotta be a big deal, can't be just in any story.

Best way I can see that being done is by making him have a clone around who has his memories but none of his plans, so he could be a threat in the background without other people knowing he's being a villain again, but doing that in secret in a living island when Xavier is in charge of the clones and everyone's minds would be complicated.

I'm not saying Spidey should be accusing or judging him, just comment that it's a weird situation to be in.
    Good points as well, and thanks.

Spidey shouldn't be that shocked. He was willing to work with Jackal when he thought he was the clone all along. That said, it's been argued back and forth whether or not the baby that would've grown up to be Spider-Girl in MC2 would count as a mutant or not, since her powers were innate but dormant until her teens, much like the experience of most X-gene mutants.
    Yeah, she's a mutate, not a mutant. Can Sentinels even tell the difference? We know that in Days of Future Past, they killed all metas, not just mutants.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, she's a mutate, not a mutant. Can Sentinels even tell the difference? We know that in Days of Future Past, they killed all metas, not just mutants.
    Yeah, that's true, which is again why I've long believed that nonmutant superheroes should've been standing up for their mutant allies and friends at least out of pragmatic self-interest, as events like that and the original Civil War showed that it wouldn't take much for the public to turn on them, too.

BANNED

Hickman's Powers of X#6 has thrown a wrench into the mutate/mutant thing. Hickman more or less paints, from the mutant perspective at least, the likes of Iron Man, Richards and other non-mutant heroes as "useful idiots" for the mutantphobes.

BANNED

Yeah, that's true, which is again why I've long believed that nonmutant superheroes should've been standing up for their mutant allies and friends at least out of pragmatic self-interest, as events like that and the original Civil War showed that it wouldn't take much for the public to turn on them, too.

I mean they would be if X-Books didn't keep them out of it so the X-Men could keep looking like the underdogs of the MU.
    Last edited by Bloxer; 11-03-2019 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Hickman's Powers of X#6 has thrown a wrench into the mutate/mutant thing. Hickman more or less paints, from the mutant perspective at least, the likes of Iron Man, Richards and other non-mutant heroes as "useful idiots" for the mutantphobes.
    And like Days of Future Past showed, the nonmutant supers will most likely be disposed of next.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    I mean they would be if X-Books didn't keep them out of it so the X-Men could keep looking the underdogs of the MU.
    Yeah, that's a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    I mean they would be if X-Books didn't keep them out of it so the X-Men could keep looking like the underdogs of the MU.
    What part of "hated and feared" do you not get?

BANNED

The part where it makes the story stagnant and not show any real progress.
    The part where they feel the need to undermine the rest of the universe they exist in, in order to maintain it.
    The part when people will only accept them being hated and feared but will still whine when sics killer robots on them