Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    The part where it makes the story stagnant and not show any real progress.
    The part where they feel the need to undermine the rest of the universe they exist in, in order to maintain it.
    The part when people will only accept them being hated and feared but will still whine when sics killer robots on them
    And how is it the X-fandom's fault that writers can't think of any better X-stories than armageddon for the entire mutant race every week?

Miles and Ganke learning Fabio's new mutant name is Egg. Ganke wont stop doing egg puns.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

A new Mutant Master recruits Jackal to start his own mutant clones program to take over other planets. The O5 X-Men take Spidey into space to stop them.

Gimme money, Marvel.
    "Cable was right!"

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    A new Mutant Master recruits Jackal to start his own mutant clones program to take over other planets. The O5 X-Men take Spidey into space to stop them.

Gimme money, Marvel.
    I like that idea. I would give you money for it if I were Marvel. Throw in the Scarlet Spiders as well, and it's solid gold.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

Gimme money, Marvel.
    That makes me think, Jackal was connected with High Evolutionary to learn how to clone right?

And then we had Wanda and Pietro being "fake mutants", which only recently was "found out" (But is really a retcon), done by High Evolutionary.

Maybe Jackal could be used for something like this? Perhaps something like, he steals a plant that transports to Krakoa, only for the characters to manage to retrieve it, but he somehow manage to make small changes for it, maybe by hiring someone else, but point is, the changes could be small, but just enough to make it so "fake mutants" like Wanda and Pietro, which he can know how to do because of High Evolutionary, can get in Krakoa, so it can be invaded by a few people? Just through that one portal mind you, not all of them, that would be pushing it, and then in the end of the story Krakoa's security becomes better.

The hardest part of this would be Jackal's motivations, since he never cared about mutants, but maybe he could be interested because of Krakoa's type of cloning, maybe he could be interested in it to see if Krakoa developed some cloning tech he doesn't know that could help him out (After all, the recent MTU has him wanting to steal some chick's tech to make his clones better), or, if he were to already know how their cloning works, he could be interested in how the clones can be younger and/or how Krakoa's clones can choose how much memory they have or whatever, so he can be essentially immortal, but in an younger body, or could be a mix of both, he wants to know more of their cloning, then finds out later what they have.

I say that his motivations are the hardest part because, again, he never cared about mutants, and there's also the problem that finding out that Krakoa has clones is complicated, because it's something isolated only to Krakoa, and even if he knew about the cloning, there's the other problem that my second suggestion has, that being him already knowing of how the cloning works, so even if first or third options are the best ones, again, would need a good explanation how he even knows about cloning.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 11-04-2019 at 11:21 PM.

It has always been hard for me to remember spiderman and xmen take place in the same universe. marvel has done an amazing job building a self contained world for spiderman and xmen. their crossovers were never really my thing. Although I am more curious to hear from spiderman fans now not just in comics but in movies.

Spiderman has never cared much about the mutant cause. any crossovers will be over and done with.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    That makes me think, Jackal was connected with High Evolutionary to learn how to clone right?

And then we had Wanda and Pietro being "fake mutants", which only recently was "found out" (But is really a retcon), done by High Evolutionary.

Maybe Jackal could be used for something like this? Perhaps something like, he steals a plant that transports to Krakoa, only for the characters to manage to retrieve it, but he somehow manage to make small changes for it, maybe by hiring someone else, but point is, the changes could be small, but just enough to make it so "fake mutants" like Wanda and Pietro, which he can know how to do because of High Evolutionary, can get in Krakoa, so it can be invaded by a few people? Just through that one portal mind you, not all of them, that would be pushing it, and then in the end of the story Krakoa's security becomes better.

The hardest part of this would be Jackal's motivations, since he never cared about mutants, but maybe he could be interested because of Krakoa's type of cloning, maybe he could be interested in it to see if Krakoa developed some cloning tech he doesn't know that could help him out (After all, the recent MTU has him wanting to steal some chick's tech to make his clones better), or, if he were to already know how their cloning works, he could be interested in how the clones can be younger and/or how Krakoa's clones can choose how much memory they have or whatever, so he can be essentially immortal, but in an younger body, or could be a mix of both, he wants to know more of their cloning, then finds out later what they have.

I say that his motivations are the hardest part because, again, he never cared about mutants, and there's also the problem that finding out that Krakoa has clones is complicated, because it's something isolated only to Krakoa, and even if he knew about the cloning, there's the other problem that my second suggestion has, that being him already knowing of how the cloning works, so even if first or third options are the best ones, again, would need a good explanation how he even knows about cloning.
    Jackal's motivation could easily be that he's being offered a ton of cash and other material resources for his own agenda, which revolves around screwing with Spider-Man and, as of the current Ghost-Spider series, stalking Spider-Gwen in hopes of using her as a replacement for the long-dead 616 Gwen Stacy. And again, if Jackal gets involved, so do the Scarlet Spiders, being his most enduring creations and victims and thus having a deeply personal stake in thwarting him.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    It has always been hard for me to remember spiderman and xmen take place in the same universe. marvel has done an amazing job building a self contained world for spiderman and xmen. their crossovers were never really my thing. Although I am more curious to hear from spiderman fans now not just in comics but in movies.

Spiderman has never cared much about the mutant cause. any crossovers will be over and done with.
    Maybe, but he's more adjacent to it given his own history of being persecuted and demonized by the media and authorities and distrusted and feared by the people he protects as a result of that. Also, he's the most popular solo hero franchise Marvel has, while X-Men is the most popular hero team franchise Marvel has. It says something that when bankruptcy was causing Marvel to nearly collapse in the mid-90s, Marvel sold off the Avengers and Fantastic Four (and related/associated characters) to Image, but kept on publishing Spider-Man and X-Men in-house.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Jackal's motivation could easily be that he's being offered a ton of cash and other material resources for his own agenda, which revolves around screwing with Spider-Man and, as of the current Ghost-Spider series, stalking Spider-Gwen in hopes of using her as a replacement for the long-dead 616 Gwen Stacy. And again, if Jackal gets involved, so do the Scarlet Spiders, being his most enduring creations and victims and thus having a deeply personal stake in thwarting him.
    I guess something like that could work, but I wouldn't really like it, I prefer when characters have a more solid goal, so Jackal wanting to invade Krakoa because of their clones research gives him a reason why he'd want to go after Krakoa specifically, that way it's not a story which you could replace X-Men with Avengers, or Fantastic Four, or whatever else, because this is specific to them, someone just paying him, again, could replace X-Men with anything else.

But again, going with my idea would be a lot harder because he shouldn't just find out that Krakoa is making clones.

Then again, maybe it could be said that he was always proud of what he does and didn't care much for help, but at some point, and Clone Conspiracy could be a good reason, he decides to steal from others, so that's why he shows up in that MTU, and he could target Krakoa just because Mr. Sinister has experience with clones and he wanted to get his stuff just in case he still had, and he just happens to find out that Krakoa improved clones.

It's almost definitely not happening, but I like to imagine scenarios and make plenty of explanations for them lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post

Maybe, but he's more adjacent to it given his own history of being persecuted and demonized by the media and authorities and distrusted and feared by the people he protects as a result of that. Also, he's the most popular solo hero franchise Marvel has, while X-Men is the most popular hero team franchise Marvel has. It says something that when bankruptcy was causing Marvel to nearly collapse in the mid-90s, Marvel sold off the Avengers and Fantastic Four (and related/associated characters) to Image, but kept on publishing Spider-Man and X-Men in-house.
    Spidey is more of someone who fights villains than trying to solve problems with society, so yeah, crossovers between both aren't gonna add much to his character since, for him to be there, he has to have a target for him to punch in the face, and then story's over and can be ignored lol.

Even then, something fun can come out of that, and who knows, whatever happens could be used in the future, for either him, X-Men or someone else, after all, he barely was there for Secret Wars, and got symbiote out of that, maybe a crossover could do something to be used later.

I guess something like that could work, but I wouldn't really like it, I prefer when characters have a more solid goal, so Jackal wanting to invade Krakoa because of their clones research gives him a reason why he'd want to go after Krakoa specifically, that way it's not a story which you could replace X-Men with Avengers, or Fantastic Four, or whatever else, because this is specific to them, someone just paying him, again, could replace X-Men with anything else.

But again, going with my idea would be a lot harder because he shouldn't just find out that Krakoa is making clones.

Then again, maybe it could be said that he was always proud of what he does and didn't care much for help, but at some point, and Clone Conspiracy could be a good reason, he decides to steal from others, so that's why he shows up in that MTU, and he could target Krakoa just because Mr. Sinister has experience with clones and he wanted to get his stuff just in case he still had, and he just happens to find out that Krakoa improved clones.

It's almost definitely not happening, but I like to imagine scenarios and make plenty of explanations for them lol.

Spidey is more of someone who fights villains than trying to solve problems with society, so yeah, crossovers between both aren't gonna add much to his character since, for him to be there, he has to have a target for him to punch in the face, and then story's over and can be ignored lol.

Even then, something fun can come out of that, and who knows, whatever happens could be used in the future, for either him, X-Men or someone else, after all, he barely was there for Secret Wars, and got symbiote out of that, maybe a crossover could do something to be used later.
    The Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man arc with Prowler (Hobie Brown) did have him try to "punch a corrupt society in the face" after being informed by Prowler of how a company that specialized in online donations was diverting the donations toward lining its own pockets rather than helping the people the donations were supposed to help, basically ripping off all the people that donated to it. Smaller-scale than systemic bigotry culminating in repeated genocide attempts, I'll admit, and he did end up solving that one by simply unleashing Iron Man and his army of high-priced, high-powered lawyers on the scumbags. Ok, so maybe that doesn't help my case all that much.

The Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man arc with Prowler (Hobie Brown) did have him try to "punch a corrupt society in the face" after being informed by Prowler of how a company that specialized in online donations was diverting the donations toward lining its own pockets rather than helping the people the donations were supposed to help, basically ripping off all the people that donated to it. Smaller-scale than systemic bigotry culminating in repeated genocide attempts, I'll admit, and he did end up solving that one by simply unleashing Iron Man and his army of high-priced, high-powered lawyers on the scumbags. Ok, so maybe that doesn't help my case all that much.
    Hm, good point though, and it's in-character too, Peter tends to go after immediate problems to solve, and that company was an immediate problem, so something like that could be done with an X-Men story, with him seeing an immediate racism problem and taking his time to do something.

Hm, good point though, and it's in-character too, Peter tends to go after immediate problems to solve, and that company was an immediate problem, so something like that could be done with an X-Men story, with him seeing an immediate racism problem and taking his time to do something.
    Like that time way back in the post-Clone Saga 90s where as a returning ESU student, Peter had a classmate being harassed by the university's resident chapter of Friends of Humanity for being a mutant, and defended her in both identities. I could see something similar happening today, and given Spider-Man's closeness to both the Fantastic Four and the X-Men, maybe he could play a part, however small, in the conflict over Franklin Richards and that sets up his own entanglement with the X-Men.

Like that time way back in the post-Clone Saga 90s where as a returning ESU student, Peter had a classmate being harassed by the university's resident chapter of Friends of Humanity for being a mutant, and defended her in both identities. I could see something similar happening today, and given Spider-Man's closeness to both the Fantastic Four and the X-Men, maybe he could play a part, however small, in the conflict over Franklin Richards and that sets up his own entanglement with the X-Men.
    I feel like there has to be some scene in the X-Men/Fantastic Four book where Franklin talks with Peter, and he's able to give him some advice that help him lead to his decision. Don't think we've got a real good scene between the two since he's come back, other than the joke interaction in FF#3, so we're overdue for a good conversation between the two again.
    And since it's Zdarsky, that makes it not only more likely, but even more hopeful it happens, because we know he'd do something great with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I feel like there has to be some scene in the X-Men/Fantastic Four book where Franklin talks with Peter, and he's able to give him some advice that help him lead to his decision. Don't think we've got a real good scene between the two since he's come back, other than the joke interaction in FF#3, so we're overdue for a good conversation between the two again.
    And since it's Zdarsky, that makes it not only more likely, but even more hopeful it happens, because we know he'd do something great with that.
    Yeah, that's true.

Like that time way back in the post-Clone Saga 90s where as a returning ESU student, Peter had a classmate being harassed by the university's resident chapter of Friends of Humanity for being a mutant, and defended her in both identities.
    I had forgotten about this, do you remember which issue?

I could see something similar happening today, and given Spider-Man's closeness to both the Fantastic Four and the X-Men, maybe he could play a part, however small, in the conflict over Franklin Richards and that sets up his own entanglement with the X-Men.
    Hm, Spidey is way more close with F4 than X-Men, so I see him getting more involved because of F4.

Him being there could show his view on Krakoa too, but I'd prefer if ASM addressed it at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Yeah, but, I'll be honest, a moment between Spidey and Franklin could be nice, but Spidey's opinion shouldn't hold that much weight in his decision, like, it can be an influence, but can't be too much of one, otherwise it'd make him steal too much spotlight.

Also, that moment from F4#3, with Peter wanting to give Franklin his "Uncle Ben" advice, but then Franklin's Uncle Ben is the one who gave an advice, I wonder if this irony was intentional lol.

Yeah, but, I'll be honest, a moment between Spidey and Franklin could be nice, but Spidey's opinion shouldn't hold that much weight in his decision, like, it can be an influence, but can't be too much of one, otherwise it'd make him steal too much spotlight.

Also, that moment from F4#3, with Peter wanting to give Franklin his "Uncle Ben" advice, but then Franklin's Uncle Ben is the one who gave an advice, I wonder if this irony was intentional lol.
    I don't see him as being someone who gives him a real decision, I think he would be the neutral party that helps Franklin decide for himself. Like how the X-Men and F4 would probably be pushing him and two different directions and then Spidey will be the one who does the whole "Do what YOU want", and helps to show him a sense of freedom he needs in this situation.

I mainly read that scene as poking fun at how everyone's already heard "with great power, comes greats responsibility" speech so many times it's no longer as motivating, while Ben gives him the more personal motivation and advice that helps him to succeed. Didn't really think of the "Uncle Bens" connection, but that could've easily been intentional.