Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I had forgotten about this, do you remember which issue?
    Peter Parker, Spider-Man #82-83, if I recall right.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I don't see him as being someone who gives him a real decision, I think he would be the neutral party that helps Franklin decide for himself. Like how the X-Men and F4 would probably be pushing him and two different directions and then Spidey will be the one who does the whole "Do what YOU want", and helps to show him a sense of freedom he needs in this situation.
    To be fair, I imagined something like that happening, Peter telling Franklin to basically follow his heart, and I have a problem with it either way, because him saying that and Franklin doing will mean that what he said mattered the most for the decision, and honestly, I don't like that at all, because it'd be giving Spidey too much importance, and regardless of what Franklin chooses, I think someone from his family should be the one giving the advice for his choice, 'cause even if he chooses X-Men (Which I think he shouldn't), it has to be with his family's support with an advice they gave.

I mainly read that scene as poking fun at how everyone's already heard "with great power, comes greats responsibility" speech so many times it's no longer as motivating, while Ben gives him the more personal motivation and advice that helps him to succeed. Didn't really think of the "Uncle Bens" connection, but that could've easily been intentional.
    Yeah that scene was clearly about that, but the irony of one Uncle Ben superseding another Uncle Ben was amusing.

Though outside of that, I don't really like it, Franklin's problem was that he tried and failed, Spidey going to talk to him about "great power" is questionable, Franklin's problem wasn't something that a "great power" advice would really help, but hey, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Peter Parker, Spider-Man #82-83, if I recall right.
    Thanks, will confirm it later.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    To be fair, I imagined something like that happening, Peter telling Franklin to basically follow his heart, and I have a problem with it either way, because him saying that and Franklin doing will mean that what he said mattered the most for the decision, and honestly, I don't like that at all, because it'd be giving Spidey too much importance, and regardless of what Franklin chooses, I think someone from his family should be the one giving the advice for his choice, 'cause even if he chooses X-Men (Which I think he shouldn't), it has to be with his family's support with an advice they gave.

Yeah that scene was clearly about that, but the irony of one Uncle Ben superseding another Uncle Ben was amusing.

Though outside of that, I don't really like it, Franklin's problem was that he tried and failed, Spidey going to talk to him about "great power" is questionable, Franklin's problem wasn't something that a "great power" advice would really help, but hey, whatever.

Thanks, will confirm it later.
    You're welcome, and sure.
    The spider is always on the hunt.