Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What X-Book are you currently reading?

On the Spiderman forum they have a thread what Spiderman book are you currently reading. I enjoy posting on there from time to time. So I thought I would start one for the X Books. I hope I am not out of line with that. I am doing this mostly because I am new to the world of The Xmen and I want to see what is out there.

I will start.

Right now I am on issue 32 of the 90s run of Xforce. I am really enjoying Cable. Never read anything with him before. I am also loving Shatterstar.

The second X Book I am reading is The Uncanny Xmen vol 1. I am on issue 8 and will be reading more tonight so my number will be higher. I am really loving The Xmen and cant believe that it took me so long to get into them. So far Beast and Iceman are my favorite characters and I am really enjoying Quicksilver. Though I enjoyed him when I started reading the issues of West Coast Avengers that he was in. I have to say I am hooked on The Xmen and cant wait to get more into their world.

So what are you all reading. Do you enjoy it?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

I have a soft spot for Tony Daniels era XForce. Everyone looking sharp and 2nd best era for Cannonball but I need to revisit it eventually.

Right now following all the current XBooks.

I had started re-reading everything from Decimation to Avengers vs X-Men before Hickman run started but I got distracted around the start of Remender X-Force/Gischler X-Men. It don't help that the quality is not really there.

I'm mostly sticking to the current run, but I'm starting to get the itch to re-read Remender's X-Force. That and Ultimate X-men are constant re-reads.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Right now, only the current run, but I'm thinking of reading Excalibur from the beginning.

Extraordinary Member

I recently started to reread X-Factor volume 1, got to about issue 6 or 7.

Also tried to get back into reading the Age of Apocalypse complete epic collection. I skipped out just before that event and grabbed the trades when they were published but still have not read them. Unfortunately I only got halfway through the first issue or something.

I just keep getting caught up in new releases. My ambitious plan is to also reread New Mutans Vol 1 and then Excalibur Vol 1, although I will have to fill wholes in those runs.

I've been doing a slow x-marathon from the start for a few years. Currently I'm around The Twelve Saga, having read Gambit 10 today.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Considering all the books relaunched, all of them for now. I have X-Factor and New Mutants vol 1 in backlog.
    "Cable was right!"

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I'm giving most of the new titles a chance at the moment. Looks like I'll be sticking with the current X-Men, and Excalibur so far. Not currently reading anything previously published, not enough time in the day. But I might go back through the entirety of Ultimate X-Men the next time I'm not buying anything new.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I'm giving most of the new titles a chance at the moment. Looks like I'll be sticking with the current X-Men, and Excalibur so far. Not currently reading anything previously published, not enough time in the day. But I might go back through the entirety of Ultimate X-Men the next time I'm not buying anything new.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

None. I gave X-men 1 a go but it was trash. Then I gave marauders as go but it was trash again. Kind of like you american's... I won't be fooled again. Better luck next time right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    None. I gave X-men 1 a go but it was trash. Then I gave marauders as go but it was trash again. Kind of like you american's... I won't be fooled again. Better luck next time right?
    "you Americans?..." Well... lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    "you Americans?..." Well... lol
    Is that a slash against the book or the Americans... I'm good with either one btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Is that a slash against the book or the Americans... I'm good with either one btw.
    neither it was a joke. post made me think of the episode of golden girls where the guy was all "You italians" and Sophia was all "and he says it with such disdain." lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Watched a great documentary on Chris Claremont’s X-Men as I have been wanting to give it a try. Ordered Vol 1 and can’t wait to begin.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

At this point, I'm basically checking out every new X-Book coming out and seeing which issues are worth following. The only book I intend to follow fully is X-Men with Hickman and Yu. But I was impressed with Excalibur and I have high hopes for Fallen Angels. So when all is said and done, I might end up following every X-Book, which hasn't happened in years. While it will strain my budget, I'm certainly willing to up my Ramen Noodle intake to make room for it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.