Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I spent the last year and a half catching myself up with the entire X-Universe so as of right now I'm reading whatever comes out on Weds. I'll likely stick to base X-Men, Marauders, and New Mutants as Excalibur bored me and I don't have much interest in Fallen Angels.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    None. I gave X-men 1 a go but it was trash. Then I gave marauders as go but it was trash again. Kind of like you american's... I won't be fooled again. Better luck next time right?
    “Won’t Be Fooled Again” is a song by The Who. A very British band.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    I spent the last year and a half catching myself up with the entire X-Universe so as of right now I'm reading whatever comes out on Weds. I'll likely stick to base X-Men, Marauders, and New Mutants as Excalibur bored me and I don't have much interest in Fallen Angels.
    same I read pretty much from xmen gold and blue then uncanny. I like marauders hoping new mutants will be cool excalibur doesnt have my interest right now
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I'm not reading any. This entire run is a cynical mess, and I don't want to follow stories about clones or potentially mind controlled X-men for a year or more. I'm thinking about starting the upcoming Wolverine series, but only if it features Daken as a major character.

There are so many plot points that I have serious problems with, and I can't afford/don't want to spend $100+ on the half-dozen series coming out to get answers. Plus a lot of the plots seem really predictable or feature the same cartoonish evil human villains that have plagued the series for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    same I read pretty much from xmen gold and blue then uncanny. I like marauders hoping new mutants will be cool excalibur doesnt have my interest right now
    I've seen almost no discussion about Excalibur, which tells me quite a bit. What exactly was so uninteresting about it? The only draw was that Apocalypse was going to be on the team, and I noped out of it on that alone. Only complaint I've seen in professional reviews was bad art.
    Last edited by pkingdom; 11-01-2019 at 03:49 PM.

BANNED

About to start Wolverine vs the X-Men from Jason Aaron's Logan solo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I'm not reading any. This entire run is a cynical mess, and I don't want to follow stories about clones or potentially mind controlled X-men for a year or more. I'm thinking about starting the upcoming Wolverine series, but only if it features Daken as a major character.

There are so many plot points that I have serious problems with, and I can't afford/don't want to spend $100+ on the half-dozen series coming out to get answers. Plus a lot of the plots seem really predictable or feature the same cartoonish evil human villains that have plagued the series for years.

I've seen almost no discussion about Excalibur, which tells me quite a bit. What exactly was so uninteresting about it? The only draw was that Apocalypse was going to be on the team, and I noped out of it on that alone. Only complaint I've seen in professional reviews was bad art.
    I didn't think it was too bad! It's definitely a 'set-up' issue though; as in, Tini's setting up states of internal conflict for the characters and, right now, it's Betsy's turn to address it. From there we'll probably get Rogue and Gambit and then Jubilee and her place in all of this.

I don't trust Apocalypse by a country mile though. Dude's just out to invade; but if he's not, I'm with Gambit in that he's gotta work damn hard to prove otherwise. Like over more than just one arc.

Like, I think if you're like me and sceptical about what's going on then Excalibur, Fallen angels and Wolverine's solo are gonna be the way's to go (if, as the author of the latter one said, Logan's gonna be questioning Krakoa despite trusting Xavier.)
    Last edited by Domino_Dare-Doll; 11-01-2019 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    I didn't think it was too bad! It's definitely a 'set-up' issue though; as in, Tini's setting up states of internal conflict for the characters and, right now, it's Betsy's turn to address it. From there we'll probably get Rogue and Gambit and then Jubilee and her place in all of this.

I don't trust Apocalypse by a country mile though. Dude's just out to invade; but if he's not, I'm with Gambit in that he's gotta work damn hard to prove otherwise. Like over more than just one arc.

Like, I think if you're like me and sceptical about what's going on then Excalibur, Fallen angels and Wolverine's solo are gonna be the way's to go (if, as the author of the latter one said, Logan's gonna be questioning Krakoa despite trusting Xavier.)
    I'll think about it. Right now it feels like "watch this obvious, very bad idea backfire in ways literally everyone could predict!"

Before the relaunch I was reading X-23 (she should still be called Wolverine, damn it) and the Shatterstar miniseries. Its was SO GOOD. It was what Iceman should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Watched a great documentary on Chris Claremont’s X-Men as I have been wanting to give it a try. Ordered Vol 1 and can’t wait to begin.
    What’s the documentary?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Besides the current run of the main book, I'm checking out each first issue of the satellite titles as they are published. If I enjoy each satellite title I add it to my pull list (so far I've enjoyed most of them).

PS My spouse who isn't a fan of comic books hates the fact X-Men titles have swollen my pull list in recent months lol.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

So far i'm reading all the new stuff and so far i plan on continuing with them all and trade waiting one. So all i guess.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

needless to say my 420 budget is taking a beating because of it. im down to the stems. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I started reading original X-Force and also Cable from the beginning.

Currently at X-Force #30 and #7 of Cable.

Also the current stuff of course.

Everything from DoX. I'm in love.

I'm also rereading Gen X for the 100th time. Probably will do some big New Mutants reread in the future.

Right now just the current run, but now that I'm done with college I'm about to find a run to start reading. Thinking about the X-Treme run

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    Right now just the current run, but now that I'm done with college I'm about to find a run to start reading. Thinking about the X-Treme run
    That was a great book until I would say the arena arc near the end. Then it just became full on fetish. Not bad but more "lol whaaat?"
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.