Thread: Old Republic

All-New Member

Default Old Republic

Just wondering if there are any comics based on the old Republic era

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gazdadude View Post
    There are plenty, though my favorite was Knights of the Old Republic which began in 2006 from Dark Horse.

Quote Originally Posted by gazdadude View Post
    my favorites are the tales of the jedi which started 1992(?). they introduce several important characters early and the art is beautiful
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Dark Horse did quite a few when they had the Star Wars lisence. Starting in the early 90's with the Tales of the Jedi mini series. These were all mini series but used the same characters and told a hug over archng story. The main characters are Ulic Qel-Droma, Nomi Sunrider, and Exar Kun. These stories are set 4000 year before the modern times and about 40 or 50 years before the old Knights of the Old Republic video games. All of these books were written by two writer with Tom Veitch doing the first 2 then Kevin J Anderson doing the rest.

Tales of the Jedi: Knights of the Old Republic
    Tales of the Jedi: The Freedon Nadd Uprising
    Tales of the Jedi: The Dark Lords of the Sith
    Tales of the Jedi: The Sith War
    Tales of the Jedi: Redemption

There were 2 other Tales books, but they were set 1000 years before the other ones.

Tales of the Jedi: Golden Age of the Sith
    Tales of the Jedi: Fall of the Sith Empire

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Dark Horse had a much longer running series they put out in the 00's that is supposed to take place after the earlier series in the timeline but before the games. It was called Star War: Knight of the Old Republic and ran 50 issues plus a follow up 6 issue mini series called Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - War. It follows the story of a Jedi Padawan named Zayne Carrick who is framed for the murder of the rest of the padawans in his class. He has to go on the run to uncover who killed his friends and why they framed him for it to clear his name.

They also did a tie-in with the MMO, but like the game itself it was kind of meh.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

There was also the Knight Errant books that I thought were ok, they were done 2010 or so. Not sure it is really Old Republic enough but is way way before most everything else

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Dawn of the Jedi sort of counts too, although it's sort of before the Republic, when the galaxy was ruled mainly by the Rakata (Detailed in the KOTOR games).

Canon-wise the old Republic hasn't been hugely covered apart from the details we already know from the films: That the Jedi and Sith were in a huge war (The Mandalorians were also involved according to Rebels) and that left the Sith almost extinct and the Republic decided to largely disarm after that apart from the Jedi. I don't think many of the comics have dwelved into that apart from some of the Doctor Aphra stuff.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth