Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Default Joker: Killer Smile

I haven’t seen anything for this yet, so please redirect me if I’m wrong.
    Picked up the first issue and loved it. Lemire and Sorrentino are quickly becoming one my favourite teams, and the way they do horror works so well. A great start and looking forward to the rest.
    And the cover is sublime.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Joker as horror movie type character reminds me of his part in Death of the Family and I hate Snyder's take. Usually I look forward to Lemire's stuff, though.

I read it and liked it. I'll probably just trade wait it.

Issue 2 was really, really good. Scary stuff and fantastic art. Not sure where this is going to go.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Doctor Ben looks like Digeo Luna and his wife looks like Karen Fukuhara

It would actually have worked well if it ended right here at issue 2. It had a real horror short story vibe to it.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

I just read the Issue 2, that was really good (and scary), when the joker says "it's not been three weeks doc, it's been three years", then you realize Doctor Ben has completely lost his mind. Looking forward to the third issue.

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaQ View Post
    I've also read this issue recently. Like you, I was also impressed by this moment! Very bewitching!
    Wonderful moment, and then "you've told me their names after you said to me your wife and kid left you".

Nice end to this short series. Art was phenomenal throughout. Excited for the one shot in May.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Got my Joker fix from this beautiful Oversized HC (still ignoring Joker War). The story is haunting and disturbing right in time for Halloween. The praise is for the execution as the story doesn't add anything new.

Has the John Carpenter one shot been collected, yet?