Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    It’s to drive home the point that 2099 is 80 years away. In 1992, 2099 seemed far away. Now not so much.

That’s why the future is dying on a Doylist level. 2099 doesn’t feel futuristic enough. So this series is an attempt to address that. Eventually the sliding timeline of 616 Peter will transpire in the real 2099. That happened to Iron Man 2020 after all.

I think that at the end Miguel will return to 2099 but it will be altered so as to be less futuristic looking based on current understanding of science.
    yeah i can see that happening or at the very least them stopping the current timeline to a fix point
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Now that's what the heck I'm talking about. Now it's all coming together...somewhat. This was a good issue! I love when the real world comes out in the Marvel Universe, so I was all over this issue. This was great.

Only thing for me is I really wish Gleason was drawing #35 & 36 to finish out the story!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Only thing for me is I really wish Gleason was drawing #35 & 36 to finish out the story!
    Gods, as a huge fan of his and Tomasi's Batman & Robin & Superman runs I truly miss him on DC titles, but hot damn he is amazing (pun intended) on Spidey.

For me he is up there with Immonen & JRJR when it comes to Spidey

Spencer correctly points out in the trailer that the reason Gleason is strong is because he tries to go big on every shot.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Gods, as a huge fan of his and Tomasi's Batman & Robin & Superman runs I truly miss him on DC titles, but hot damn he is amazing (pun intended) on Spidey.

For me he is up there with Immonen & JRJR when it comes to Spidey
    Absolutely. He's such a good fit for Spidey.

Hm, Sable's current situation is interesting, makes sense that she wouldn't have escaped from that lab unscathed too, wonder where that's going, specially how they plan on getting more Infinity Formula with SHIELD being gone.

Weird that her and Foreigner are getting along now, like, they used to try to kill each other for sports, or maybe back in the 80's the got along just fine outside of the killing attempts? I'm not sure...

This issue was kinda heavy on the info dumping, but then again, after how the last one was so rushed, this one decided to slow down and tell us what's going on.

That Clairvoyant sounds more like something from F4, so much so that Reed was even credited as part of the reason it was made, too bad they didn't explain "how" it checks other universes to do those predictions, but maybe they'll do it later, since at the very least, Peter looks shocked, and probably scared of it too if his facial expressions are any hint, so he'll probably be investigating this by the next issue.

Oh well, 5/10, which is natural I guess, this issue is setting up the crossover, using two issues to set up a crossover is weird though lol.

BANNED

This was a good issue. I'm digging all the stuff Spencer's setting up. One thing I really like about his run is that he so obviously is fully aware of continuity and is finding cool ways to address past stories.

Loved all the stuff with Silver Sable here and how Spencer is building off of Slott story threads from Ends of the Earth and Worldwide.

Looking forward to this 2099 story getting into high gear soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    This was a good issue. I'm digging all the stuff Spencer's setting up. One thing I really like about his run is that he so obviously is fully aware of continuity and is finding cool ways to address past stories.

Loved all the stuff with Silver Sable here and how Spencer is building off of Slott story threads from Ends of the Earth and Worldwide.

Looking forward to this 2099 story getting into high gear soon.
    I absolutely love that about Spencer: it really makes you feel like everything that's happened in Peter's history has impact and feeling, even to other characters. It just feels so good.

BANNED

I absolutely love that about Spencer: it really makes you feel like everything that's happened in Peter's history has impact and feeling, even to other characters. It just feels so good.
    Well in this particular instance, Spencer is retconning Slott. Sable got killed off, and then she returned to normal like it was no big deal. Spencer went nope on that.

And if Sable was crippled and injured during that entire time, then that means that Doctor Octopus' actions in Ends of the Earth had real consequences which pours cold water on that entire "redemption" thing. Now that Doctor Octopus is back, Sable in whatever condition will be out to hunt some squid.

Well in this particular instance, Spencer is retconning Slott. Sable got killed off, and then she returned to normal like it was no big deal. Spencer went nope on that.

And if Sable was crippled and injured during that entire time, then that means that Doctor Octopus' actions in Ends of the Earth had real consequences which pours cold water on that entire "redemption" thing. Now that Doctor Octopus is back, Sable in whatever condition will be out to hunt some squid.
    Consequences are important in comics, and hopefully, Spencer keeps it up in this title!
    Albeit I think it'll be a little while before Spencer brings back Ock.

So is it still "2099" when Miguel is sent back? For all this time, has he only been Spider-Man for less than a year?

Just saying... I know Marvel wants to reaffirm the 2099-era characters, but shouldn't it be 2100-2105 by now? lol..

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Hm, Sable's current situation is interesting, makes sense that she wouldn't have escaped from that lab unscathed too, wonder where that's going, specially how they plan on getting more Infinity Formula with SHIELD being gone.
    I'm surprised that there is still Infinity Formula floating around. OG Nick Fury gave the last of it to Bucky when he was mortally wounded during Fear Itself. Although, that is one event Marvel might want to forget lol.

Astonishing Member

There does seem to be a bit of revision by Spencer where Slott is concerned. Obviously everything Slott did is intact, and Spencer is using a lot of it for the stuff he is doing (Ends Of The Earth/Worldwide/Osborn Identity), but he is reversing the stuff that didn't sit well with fans such as Black Cat's turn to villainy and now Silver Sable being revealed to have been crippled following EOTE.

Astonishing Member

Consequences are important in comics, and hopefully, Spencer keeps it up in this title!
    Albeit I think it'll be a little while before Spencer brings back Ock.
    I happen to like Doc Ock ( he is my personal favorite Spider-Man bad guy ( although my liking of him does not reach the Slott level), and I expect him back sooner rather then later. Why? Despite Spencer being known for 'D-Listers' we have seen most of the major Spidy villains that go back to Ditko in Spencer's Run. Norm, Kraven, Lizard, Vulture, Mysterio and Chameleon to name a few. Even Doom is coming. I know Victor is primarily an FF and Iron Man enemy, but he showed up in Ditko's run. Finally, we also saw a version of Ock in Friendly, an actor playing him in the Mysterio movie, and making a deal with Mephisto. By the way, who else would I like? Shocker, Rhino and Scorpion come to mind