Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

The art looks fantastic������

curious. so, in-story, do they still refer to themselves as "New Mutants"? I mean, come on. after all this time...

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Marauders and Excalibur did the same thing. If that's the case, there might be some plot heavy stuff on the beginning.
    oh ok thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    +++ Ugh I find the Starjammers kinda stale "Ok Corsair" indeed. I want some New Mutants interaction/conversation!!! ESP interested in how they and Chamber mesh
    yeah Im especially interested in how Jono and Sam interact...Ive always wondered what Sam thought of his sister's first ex bf.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    part of the new buzztag kids/Twitter is using yo dismiss older people/ideas "Ok Boomer" is the original saying
    ugh, as a Gen Xer that sooo bugs me. "Boomers" have always been the term used for the generation before the Gen-Xers, the 60's counterculture/hippy kids. I dont like the term being used collectively for everyone pre-Zoomer/Gen Y age now. Nah.

I love the art on this book

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    curious. so, in-story, do they still refer to themselves as "New Mutants"? I mean, come on. after all this time...
    Yeah, that's been dumb since volume 3, since volume 2 had an entirely new New Mutants (the group that included Prodigy, Elixir and Surge). After Decimation, what was left of that team merged with the second Hellions team to become the New X-Men - but why did that give the originals an excuse to reuse the name? They're no longer New. It's like if Nightwing's team were still called the Teen Titans instead of Titans. The New Mutants really ought to be the younger kids at this point, and the originals should call themselves X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    are these the first pages of this issue? Feels like its starting in the middle of the story.
    If that cast list is in order of appearance, then yes we are starting in the middle.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-31-2019 at 05:01 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Benevolence.

Is where part of mutantdom ended up in Moira's far-flung future.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Benevolence.

Is where part of mutantdom ended up in Moira's far-flung future.
    Yep. It seems like the purpose of this team is to basically set up contacts with Shi'ar in case mutants need an escape from our planet at some point
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

This is probby gonna be a liiiil scattered...at my neighbors passing out candy but it's cold AF and rainy here not that many TorTrs. Soooo

Buncha Halloween Candy+Natty Lite+Dab Pen=

Zuh! That's their team name...Did you think they considered themselves the 'Newest Mutants on the Block'?
    yeah Im especially interested in how Jono and Sam interact...Ive always wondered what Sam thought of his sister's first ex bf.
    Ohhhh I hadn't even thought about that!!!!
    Draaaaama
    I bet Sam's lucky he's 'nigh invulnerable when blastin' itll That's the only way he'll survive the icy shade coming from everyone's favorite mouthless British Goth

ugh, as a Gen Xer that sooo bugs me. "Boomers" have always been the term used for the generation before the Gen-Xers, the 60's counterculture/hippy kids. I dont like the term being used collectively for everyone pre-Zoomer/Gen Y age now. Nah.
    I'll Just take as if they're calling me Tabitha Smith....which can still be problematic lol

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, that's been dumb since volume 3, since volume 2 had an entirely new New Mutants (the group that included Prodigy, Elixir and Surge)
    .It was dumb to reuse the name, especially given the nature of the relationship between Rahne and Elixir+ those Mutants weren't sh!t compared to the OG New Mutants Seriously it woulda been a lot easier to like them if they woulda had an awesome original name rehashing New Mutants...Hellion rEEEked of Desperation

After Decimation, what was left of that team merged with the second Hellions team to become the New X-Men
    Buuuut they weren't tho New X-Men cause the X-Men were still around while that NXM class didn't quite make the cut

They're no longer New. It's like if Nightwing's team were still called the Teen Titans instead of Titans.
    well there was already a Teen Titans when Dick got the team back together. No one really thinks they consider themselves New....It was Under that name many of them found a family, the name of the group of kids they grew up with, trusted with their lives, risked their lives for, the kids they loved, watched Die... why would they not defer to that that New Mutants When they're all(mostly) together?? My buddy's from high school still use "Mojave 5" when we get together lol

The New Mutants really ought to be the younger kids at this point, the originals should call themselves X-Men.
    I think any younger team book should just stick with the Academy X title Or have designated name's not so "easily dismissed" with every mutant born they cease to be New. Using names like New Mutants/ Generation X for a new crop of kids weakens the brand and could be harder for new readers to"feel like the book is their own"

the originals should call themselves X-Men.
    why? They're not all men lol...When the X-Books branched off there's a reason they had names like Excalibur...X-Force...X-Factor was an easy way for readers to recognize and identify the team they enjoyed most even among other X-Members. Telling someone you enjoy the New Mutants team sounds a helluva lot better than saying you like the March 1997 through November 2001 X-Men
    GrindrStone(D)

They don't call themselves the New Mutants, everyone else calls them that because the X-Men refuse to accept the fact that they have grown up.
    Last edited by norj; 10-31-2019 at 07:30 PM.

Mighty Member

They’re X-men. Their last title was The New Mutants, but Scott called them x-men. We are associating these characters with that title.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Looking forward to this.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

I looked through that preview, and danced a little jig like I was Joe Hallenbeck at the end of The Last Boy Scout.

The art is fantastic. Maybe Hickman didn't do the dialogue cause this is miles better already than X-Men. Hickman and Brisson may be a dream team.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

BANNED

It’s clearly Hickman dialogue IMO.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Seems Sunspot is leading this squad this time around.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================