Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Anyone hope The Witcher succeeds, critically and commercially?

Just saw a trailer for The Witcher today. It gave me the stupid idea in my head that maybe this does well, people think Cavill is a real commodity, WB goes back to negotiating with Cavill's people, and we finally get MoS 2.

I'm a fool.

I want it to succeed, but more because I'm a fan of the Witcher lore. I'm done with expectations with WB and Superman on the film front.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Nope, you're not a fool. Same thought went through my head. It is a travesty how poorly they used Cavill in the DCEU. I hope it does well, for his sake, even if he is never Superman again.

Lol I was wondering if someone would make a thread about The Witcher. Here’s my take: After Mission Impossible: Fallout, which was a huge success and Cavill himself was one of the main attractions with people loving him reloading his arms, Cavill and MacQuarrie pitched a Superman film to WB. They turned it down. That to me says that even though WB hasn’t made up their minds up about Supes, they’ve made their minds up about Cavill. He is out, if the success of MI:F couldn’t get WB to give him another chance, the Witcher won’t either.

And while I feel bad for Cavill who got screwed over by a crappy director and scriptwriter, I don’t really know if I want him to come back at this point. Cavill and Adams never had any chemistry together and I never bought their relationship. I hate BvS, and I don’t want any references to it, especially any of Snyder’s evil Superman crap. I hate Jesse Eisenberg Lex Luthor and I refuse to watch another movie with him in it, if Cavill came back Eisenberg better ******* stay gone. I’d honestly prefer a clean break like what Pattinson Batman will be over Cavill returning at this point. My dream would be a Golden Age tier Superman fighting Metallo, that’s what I want.

Edit: Just went and saw the trailer. Damn I think THIS is going to be Cavill’s big break. If it’s as good as it looks he’ll be a great Geralt. So happy for him.
    Last edited by Vordan; 10-31-2019 at 04:13 PM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I imagine by the time it wraps up, WB will have already moved on from the DCEU.
    Assassinate Putin!

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Yeah,I do hope it does well,but mostly for Henry's sake. I've pretty much given up any hope for another Superman movie with him. I think it's complete crap what happened with this franchise and think he deserves another shot, but things are what they are. Henry is not going to be Superman on the big screen again.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 10-31-2019 at 05:02 PM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I mostly hope it does for Cavill's sake.
    Dude got a raw deal, along with the character.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Yeah! I wish henry well. I want superman to have a hopeful future both the character and the actor.

As a fan of the Witcher games, I sure hope it does well. And the recent trailer looks really promising.
    But I think best case scenerio I can see Cavill making an appearance in Shazam 2. I don’t think MOS2 is gonna happen anytime soon if ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lol I was wondering if someone would make a thread about The Witcher. Here’s my take: After Mission Impossible: Fallout, which was a huge success and Cavill himself was one of the main attractions with people loving him reloading his arms, Cavill and MacQuarrie pitched a Superman film to WB. They turned it down. That to me says that even though WB hasn’t made up their minds up about Supes, they’ve made their minds up about Cavill. He is out, if the success of MI:F couldn’t get WB to give him another chance, the Witcher won’t either.

And while I feel bad for Cavill who got screwed over by a crappy director and scriptwriter, I don’t really know if I want him to come back at this point. Cavill and Adams never had any chemistry together and I never bought their relationship. I hate BvS, and I don’t want any references to it, especially any of Snyder’s evil Superman crap. I hate Jesse Eisenberg Lex Luthor and I refuse to watch another movie with him in it, if Cavill came back Eisenberg better ******* stay gone. I’d honestly prefer a clean break like what Pattinson Batman will be over Cavill returning at this point. My dream would be a Golden Age tier Superman fighting Metallo, that’s what I want.

Edit: Just went and saw the trailer. Damn I think THIS is going to be Cavill’s big break. If it’s as good as it looks he’ll be a great Geralt. So happy for him.
    Agreed, 100%. And I'm really looking forward to Pattinson's Batman, too.

I'd love to see Henry do well, if for no other reason than to shove the whole thing in WB's face - but also just for him, too. He seems like a great guy and he's a talented actor.

And who knows... maybe he'll show up in a CW crossover event in a few years.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I like Cavil, I'm sure he'll do fine.

I hope The Witcher is really good and a big hit for Henry, he deserves it. Hope he escapes the Superman curse, whatever that is. I don't want him to disappear to just smaller TV roles like most Supes actors. Hope he's the exception.

I don't think he's going to play Superman again, but then I never thought I'd see Routh as Superman again. But I'm not going to hope, I'm tired of hoping and nothing I want happening in live action.

I hope the Witcher takes off and Cavill becomes the first live action Superman actor to break the curse. But I highly doubt he’ll come back as Supes. I just want his career to flourish, and for WB to recast Superman much like how they did with Robert Pattinson for the new Batman movie. Cavill could’ve been a great Superman if he had a better director and screenwriter to work with, but that dream is dead now. Hell, deep down I want Marvel to cast him in a movie or Disney + show just to screw with WB and show them what they could’ve had. Lmao.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I'm hoping for it's success more as a Witcher fan then as a Cavill fan, but I'm happy if it does good things for Cavill's career .

It still needs some work, but I was pleasantly surprised to see Cavill almost nailing Geralt's gravelly voice from the games in parts of the trailer. I didn't imagine he'd even try.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El