Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 264
  1. #226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Honestly, I don’t think writers even remember Claudine was an unwilling test subject Sinister was using as a means of cheating death. Every time she’s appeared since the Liu Daken/X-23 books she’s gleefully embraced his whole mad scientist shtick. They’ve turned her into a literal Sinister 2.0 and completely dropped the fact she was a victim of his experiments just trying to preserve her own mind.
    good point. in fairness, I haven't read her origin issue. I just know her from the attempt to recruit Mysterio.
    "I just don't get why you wouldn't want to break the law anymore" --Scorpia

  2. #227
    Ultimate Member Ambaryerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    12,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    good point. in fairness, I haven't read her origin issue. I just know her from the attempt to recruit Mysterio.
    Claudine was some regular woman off the street Sinister snatched up to experiment on. He implanted a viral clone of himself in her that was designed to supplant her consciousness with his own if he were to ever die. It was activated after Mystique killed him during Messiah Complex, and Sinister slowly began subsuming her mind. I didn't read her appearance in the Daken series, but after Daken nearly killed her, she tried to take over Laura's body in hopes her healing factor would prevent Sinister from being able to fully take control. So despite her methods, there was still something sympathetic about her motivations.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

    The New X-Men: Can't let you grow up because you make everyone look old. But we can sure as @#$% mindlessly kill you off for shock value!

    Pull List: Fallen Angels (For Now)

  3. #228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Claudine was some regular woman off the street Sinister snatched up to experiment on. He implanted a viral clone of himself in her that was designed to supplant her consciousness with his own if he were to ever die. It was activated after Mystique killed him during Messiah Complex, and Sinister slowly began subsuming her mind. I didn't read her appearance in the Daken series, but after Daken nearly killed her, she tried to take over Laura's body in hopes her healing factor would prevent Sinister from being able to fully take control. So despite her methods, there was still something sympathetic about her motivations.
    thank you. did they ever say where she was from? is she an american?
    "I just don't get why you wouldn't want to break the law anymore" --Scorpia

  4. #229
    Ultimate Member Ambaryerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    12,604

    Default

    That I'm not sure.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

    The New X-Men: Can't let you grow up because you make everyone look old. But we can sure as @#$% mindlessly kill you off for shock value!

    Pull List: Fallen Angels (For Now)

  5. #230
    Incredible Member pkingdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    638

    Default

    I can't believe half the cast of Hellions is getting to be in a book proper before Daken. I am annoyed.

    Here, let me balance my bitching with a sexy but still SFW Daken. Artist is BlitzTurner on DA.



  6. #231
    Fantastic Member DAHX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I can't believe half the cast of Hellions is getting to be in a book proper before Daken. I am annoyed.

    Here, let me balance my bitching with a sexy but still SFW Daken. Artist is BlitzTurner on DA.


    Nice art

    I’m a bit annoyed too, there are still bigger characters missing from the books, and they gave place for a bunch of no name characters instead… As for Daken, given this new era where villains siding with the X-Men, being on teams and smaller characters are all getting spotlight too, I was really positive that Daken will land on a book too and I thought finally it was a time where he’d also get utilized better than he usually was, but my hopes are slowly fading away...

  7. #232
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    9,623

    Default

    It's like Marvel literally saw all of the DoX books selling so well that they said "We're going to end this line's perfect streak with Hellions."

    Still think Daken is a better fit for Marauders. Bring back the Batman/Catwoman dynamic he had going on with Bobby in the Iceman solo.

  8. #233
    Fantastic Member DAHX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It's like Marvel literally saw all of the DoX books selling so well that they said "We're going to end this line's perfect streak with Hellions."

    Still think Daken is a better fit for Marauders. Bring back the Batman/Catwoman dynamic he had going on with Bobby in the Iceman solo.
    I don't want Daken in the Hellions 'villain' book, I want to see him taking another path this time (Also he shouldn't help Sinister, considering he ripped off his arm and eye when he didn't have a healing factor nearly killing him, then cloned him making a Daken clone army)
    He would be good in the Hellfire Club, or just sticking with Laura or even Logan this time. but I really want him doing his own thing too and be on a team.
    Bobby-Daken interactions are only acceptable if Daken isn't used as a plot device for Bobby

  9. #234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It's like Marvel literally saw all of the DoX books selling so well that they said "We're going to end this line's perfect streak with Hellions."

    Still think Daken is a better fit for Marauders. Bring back the Batman/Catwoman dynamic he had going on with Bobby in the Iceman solo.
    Honestly? I look at something like Hellions missing such an obvious fit - especially given how Psylocke and Daken would have a lot in common given their pasts - and wonder if it doesn't mean Daken's spoken for in another title already and Wells opted to go for Wild Child as the team feral instead. Any Wave 2 books have had their cast and creative team established for months. It's just that we're only now getting the roll out. I'm expecting this is when we're going to see where notable missing characters like Nightcrawler, Angel, Daken, etc. have ended up.

    This Week's Comics: Old Guard: Force Multiplied #2, Excalibur #6, Marauders #6

  10. #235
    Fantastic Member DAHX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    351

    Default

    I just don’t know if Daken is as notable missing character as Nightcrawler, Angel, etc
    I thought the same, that we didn’t see Nightcrawler in anything because he is saved for a later book. He is a main character, there’s no way he won’t be in any book, but I’m not sure if that’s true for Daken… I’m afraid he will be just left out again with the exception of some guest appearances. and there’s really no better time for him and similar characters to get some spotlight too and to get a new established role in the franchise :/

  11. #236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    I just don’t know if Daken is as notable missing character as Nightcrawler, Angel, etc
    I thought the same, that we didn’t see Nightcrawler in anything because he is saved for a later book. He is a main character, there’s no way he won’t be in any book, but I’m not sure if that’s true for Daken… I’m afraid he will be just left out again with the exception of some guest appearances. and there’s really no better time for him and similar characters to get some spotlight too and to get a new established role in the franchise :/
    That's a valid concern, because yeah, Daken's probably third or fourth tier in terms of visibility/popularity. But, at the same time, even if we take Moira's solo off the table, we've got at least two other Wave 2 rosters to fill, and not that many noteworthy characters to fill them with. Daken comes with a lot of built-in character conflict, even setting aside his connection with Wolverine, and that makes him more useful from a storytelling perspective than, say, Angel.

    This Week's Comics: Old Guard: Force Multiplied #2, Excalibur #6, Marauders #6

  12. #237
    Incredible Member pkingdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    638

    Default

    Nightcrawler is being saved for whatever the book focused on resurrections is going to be, since judging by solicit covers he's going to be a big part of that issue of X-men that goes into it. I think its #8?

    We also don't have any details on the Wolverine series besides the cover of the first issue. So I'm holding out hope he's a major character, and not just around to mess with Wolverine.

    Daken deserves better than Iceman. Sorry not sorry!

    I'm afraid to look at the Hellions topic, because apparently my opinions are offensive and I think the book looks like hot garbage not liable to last 6 issues.

  13. #238
    Fantastic Member DAHX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    That's a valid concern, because yeah, Daken's probably third or fourth tier in terms of visibility/popularity. But, at the same time, even if we take Moira's solo off the table, we've got at least two other Wave 2 rosters to fill, and not that many noteworthy characters to fill them with. Daken comes with a lot of built-in character conflict, even setting aside his connection with Wolverine, and that makes him more useful from a storytelling perspective than, say, Angel.
    Yes, exactly. He does have a lot of potential on a team as he is a wild card and automatically guarantees some interesting character dynamics, conflict and drama, and he proved that he can be a lot of fun when he’s on a team or when he ‘plays nice’. He would be a good addition for diversity too. Maybe he isn't one of the most popular characters, but he used to be a much bigger one with a solo series and with being a member of X-Men and Avengers teams too. So I think he should have a place somewhere in this new era much more than some other obscure characters. And if Empath or Scalphunter can be on a team, I really can’t see how Daken shouldn’t be on one (they’re surely less popular than Daken) I will be really disappointed if he’s not included anywhere after the reveal of that Hellions roster… This is a new era about new chances/moving on from the past/righting the wrongs, it’d be a missed opportunity to sideline him, again.... If they don't give him a chance now, I don't think there's any hope for the character then.

    What two books do you mean? I thought aside from the Moira book we know only about the resurrection book, which doesn’t seem like a good fit for someone like Daken (except if we take into consideration how many times he already died lol)

  14. #239

    Default

    I'm thinking at least two because the info we have on what's coming up is that we'll get X-Corp, the Moira book, the resurrection book, and that Williams and Ayala are part of two separate creative teams. All we really know about the Moira book is that 1) it's dealing with her past and 2) Hickman approached Carey to write it and he was too busy to take the gig. So, all due respect to Williams and Ayala, whose work I utterly enjoy, it sounds like they're hunting for a pretty big name to headline the Moira solo, and they're both more up-and-coming writers who haven't had on-goings before. So, if nothing else, I think we've got two Wave 2 team books coming out from these writers, even if X-Corp is the resurrection title.

    This Week's Comics: Old Guard: Force Multiplied #2, Excalibur #6, Marauders #6

  15. #240
    Fantastic Member DAHX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I'm thinking at least two because the info we have on what's coming up is that we'll get X-Corp, the Moira book, the resurrection book, and that Williams and Ayala are part of two separate creative teams. All we really know about the Moira book is that 1) it's dealing with her past and 2) Hickman approached Carey to write it and he was too busy to take the gig. So, all due respect to Williams and Ayala, whose work I utterly enjoy, it sounds like they're hunting for a pretty big name to headline the Moira solo, and they're both more up-and-coming writers who haven't had on-goings before. So, if nothing else, I think we've got two Wave 2 team books coming out from these writers, even if X-Corp is the resurrection title.
    Ah okay, it makes sense! Thank you

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •