Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Default My Name is Akihiro! - Daken Akihiro Appreciation 2019

Son of Wolverine / Dark Wolverine

1. Daken is one of the few LGBT – bisexual characters in the comics

2. Often seems to be forgotten that he is half Japanese, looking like his mother and nothing like Logan. He was born in Japan sometime after the second World War. His mother Itsu was killed before he was even born and his father didn't know he was alive for decades.

3. Real name: Akihiro - the only name we know about, his family name was never revealed.
      Daken is not a name, it’s a Japanese word for mongrel - 駄犬
      Correct pronunciation: Dah-ken, not Day-ken
      He accepted the 'name' Daken and it is what he goes by now, but it used to be what others bullied him with. The title of the thread is reffering to that.

1. He is known the most by his hatred towards his father, Logan and the numerous attempt of killing him, which ultimately lead to his own death. First his hate was nurtured by years of lies, but later the source of it transformed into the fact that Logan wasn't there to raise him or prevent his tortured past. He was raised to hate his father, to be a cold assasin, and was taught to care only about himself.
      The only exception seems to be Laura Kinney(X-23) his sister who has a similar upbringing and past like him. She is the only person who he has genuine respect for, and later they formed a closer familial relationship with each other. Upon their first meeting they realized that they are in a way very much alike, but in other ways they are the exact opposite of each other, which raised the right questions for both of them.

2. Favorite quote – There used to be more to him than just hate to define him and his life, but as he couldn't overcome it, it became the reason of his failure in life.

"I tried. I tried to forget, I tried to move on. I fought with myself all these years because I am not a dumb man. I know that hate devours, and it decays, and I now that at the end of my life I do not want to be the man who hated, and hated well. I want to be the man who loved. I want to be the man who others speak of with passion instead of pity. I want that so badly. But here I am. Hot with hate. Hate for him. Wolverine. Damn him, God. Please, damn him."

Reading list:
    -Dark Wolverine – solo series
    -Daken: Dark Wolverine – solo series
    -Wolverine: Origins
    -Dark Avengers
    -Uncanny X-Force/Uncanny Avengers
    -Death of Wolverine: Logan Legacy/Wolverines (2015)
    -Iceman (2017)
    -All-New Wolverine
    -X-Men Blue
    -Hunt for Wolverine: Claws of a Killer/Return of Wolverine

Previous appreciation thread:
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...CIATION-THREAD

Latest appearance:
    Supposedly he was resurrected on Krakoa; he showed up with other villains to join the new nation.

He will probably be showing up in the new Wolverine series(2020) next according to the writer.
    Last edited by DAHX; 12-23-2019 at 04:34 PM.

And some Kevin Wada recent design of Daken:

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I hope he is having a good time on Krakoa.
    Also I'm hyped for his interactions with Laura and Logan.
    I know they don't have the best relationships but i would like them to shara something while the good times last.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I hope he is having a good time on Krakoa.
    Also I'm hyped for his interactions with Laura and Logan.
    I know they don't have the best relationships but i would like them to shara something while the good times last.

Me too! I alway happy to see Laura and Daken interact, but I hope this time there's a chance for Logan-Daken interactions too finally. I'm so tired of their constant fighting and Daken's daddy issues. We have a happier status quo for the mutants on Krakoa for now, so I hope it's true for them too. If not now, then never lol But Percy seems to go on that route

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    And some Kevin Wada recent design of Daken:

I like the top right, a half mask/muzzle looks great.

He's a good character, I like his attitude, it stinks

More please Marvel

BANNED

When will someone follow up on the path Liu forged for Daken? Literally no other writer have come close to making him interesting. Tragic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    When will someone follow up on the path Liu forged for Daken? Literally no other writer have come close to making him interesting. Tragic.
    His interactions with Laura and Gabby do that. The idea that Daken has found at least two people he can have genuinely positive (if still tumultuous, like that time he gunned down the Sarah Kinney clone in front of Laura...even though it was for her own good) relationships with rather than just being a discount Sabretooth in of itself makes him more interesting. It adds a layer of complexity to a character some people want to dismiss as irredeemable.

I won't lie, that page with X-23 up there reads with uncomfortable (presumably accidental) sexual tension.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I won't lie, that page with X-23 up there reads with uncomfortable (presumably accidental) sexual tension.
    He's realizing that he's not the only one, that they're very much alike in sense of their abilities, and that they're connected through his father, that they're basically blood related. so he ends up respecting her. But maybe I will take it down....

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    He's realizing that he's not the only one, that they're very much alike in sense of their abilities, and that they're connected through his father, that they're basically blood related. so he ends up respecting her. But maybe I will take it down....
    Oh, no need for that.

Extraordinary Member

I also hope that we get a Daken sighting here eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Oh, no need for that.
    It was bothering me, so it had to go. I was hesitating between these two edits anyway, I hope this one is better lol
    That was their first meeting by the way. Daken first didn't really like the idea that she shares the same blood like him and Logan, and Laura didn't think sharing blood should mean much(blood doesn't make you family), but by the end of the arc it actually changed and they accepted each other, which confused him(that's where those panels came from). Much later they bonded as family and considered each other as brother and sister.

Hopefully that means now’s the time to post some comfortable sexual tension:

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Hopefully that means now’s the time to post some comfortable sexual tension:

Nice, I remember reading some small moments with Gambit but don't remember exactly where
    Do you remember?

One of my favorite characters. I will forgive all my problems with HoXPoX if he actually has a relationship with Logan during the new Wolverine series. There was an interview about the upcoming series he was mentioned in.

I missed him in All New Wolverine. His relationship with Laura and Gabby was adorable.