Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

I have no idea how the Moira book will do. I imagine the first issue will sell like hotcakes, but I really don't like the actual character, and it kinda feels like the kind of thing that should have just been a part of HoXPoX and not given to us months later.

So many of these books are being headlined or lead by villains! And most of them aren't even the redeamable or sympathetic ones! Compared to Apocalypse, Sinister and even NANNY Daken is a saint.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I have no idea how the Moira book will do. I imagine the first issue will sell like hotcakes, but I really don't like the actual character, and it kinda feels like the kind of thing that should have just been a part of HoXPoX and not given to us months later.

So many of these books are being headlined or lead by villains! And most of them aren't even the redeamable or sympathetic ones! Compared to Apocalypse, Sinister and even NANNY Daken is a saint.
    The Moira book will probably answer a lot of questions about the fate of mutantkind, I think it will be very important but I agree maybe it would've been better to launch it after hox/pox. It's weird she hasn't been anywhere since then.

Well, it's not about how bad or redeemable the villain characters are, but how interesting they are. I'm repeating myself, but Daken should have a place on a team way before the Hellions roster imo

Here's a Japanese style artwork, which is sadly rare:

That is perfect. Like, retweet, compliment the artist on everything

If Daken were to end up on a team sometime in the immediate future what characters do you guys think would be good for him to interact with and why?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Gulo View Post
    If Daken were to end up on a team sometime in the immediate future what characters do you guys think would be good for him to interact with and why?
    X-23. Obvious, but true. It'd be interesting to see how they interact with each other when they're sharing the same space on a long-term basis. And it's not like she's got a book with FA wrapping up.
    Iceman. The will-they, won't-they from Bobby's solo could only come down on the side of "won't" out in the world. If Daken really tries to go legit, though? There could be sparks.

I'd die of happiness if Laura and Daken were on the same team! No, not a Laura book with Daken being a supporting character, but an actual team book for both of them with other heroes! Just imagine the sibling shenanigans like in ANW. Daken would be of course the wild card of the team, doing some **** from time to time annoying the others like in Dark Avengers. Basically Laura is the only one who he listens to, and she kicks his ass when it's necessary. But he works very well with Laura if not with the others. Laura is free now, so please Marvel!

Laura and Gabby, obviously. But besides them? Hm, Gambit, maybe? How about someone genuinely nice, like Colossus or Nightcrawler. Someone that would both be a potentially easy mark for a manipulator like Daken but also a chance for him to actually try and be nice with.

Also Shatterstar and Rictor, my favorite gay disaster couple.

-Logan- I’d love Daken being on X-Force as a regular character working together with Logan. He would be over his issues of ‘hate my father must kill him’ because he realized it’s stupid and doesn’t lead anywhere, and (just like Romulus once told him) he realized that he can gain more from working with Logan and being Wolverine’s son than his enemy. And on X-Force he could do what he’s best at too just like Logan, both of them still utilizing their killing nature in the peace of Krakoa. It’s hard to imagine Daken without it as much as Logan. Getting on each others’ nerves though, because nothing should be simple with them, and it’d be fun.

-Given that what characters are left to use and that we don’t know what kind of books there’ll be released, it honestly hard to imagine how Daken could be used, but I’d love to see a series he’s part of that is kind of unexpected for him. Let him do something completely new and different, set a new path for him that we’ve never seen before, that also distance him from the tired stereotypes and tropes he was burdened with in all his existence(like his daddy issues, depraved bisexual trope, disposable villain role, etc). Oh, and let him have someone finally for real, dysfunctional or not. Just once, not use his bisexuality for manipulation to gain something! (so writing his bisexuality right, for representation)

How about someone genuinely nice, like Colossus or Nightcrawler. Someone that would both be a potentially easy mark for a manipulator like Daken but also a chance for him to actually try and be nice with.
    That's an interesting idea! Nightcrawler, especially because Daken stabbed him once. As a kind person he is, he would forgive him and Daken would think he is ridiculous with his beliefs and hopeful, kind nature. But maybe it would be a good opportunity for Daken to see the opposite side of things, not how he used to live his life. (And I just realized that's kind of what happened with Kurt and Logan too)

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Iceman. The will-they, won't-they from Bobby's solo could only come down on the side of "won't" out in the world. If Daken really tries to go legit, though? There could be sparks.
    Do you think Bobby would be interested in Daken after almost killing his boyfriend and knowing that in the future he fell in love with him and Daken only lied to him and betrayed him? After the Iceman series I was certain that it was a kind of confirmation that they will never happen.
    They could be written fun, but... it's not what happened. It was a mess by the end, I think writers won't touch it again

I can see why some fans would be for it, but I'm very much against it. Daken is too good for Bobby. Daken had more chemistry with Johnny Storm! Now THAT would be a headline pairing.

I can see why some fans would be for it, but I'm very much against it. Daken is too good for Bobby. Daken had more chemistry with Johnny Storm! Now THAT would be a headline pairing.
    Don't you mean Bobby is too good for Daken? Daken isn't really a nice guy.

Ah, what I would do for seeing Johhny and Daken on the same panel again
    If they were ever hinted again, some people would lose their minds lol (the ones who still didn't get over Bobby's coming out)

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    Do you think Bobby would be interested in Daken after almost killing his boyfriend and knowing that in the future he fell in love with him and Daken only lied to him and betrayed him? After the Iceman series I was certain that it was a kind of confirmation that they will never happen.
    The whole theme of that story though was Bobby convincing his older, wizard self that it was okay to let him make some of the same mistakes as his older self. If anything, it actually went out of its way to show that Bobby was still open to the idea of hooking up with Daken, despite his knowledge of one doomed future scenario.

They could be written fun, but... it's not what happened. It was a mess by the end, I think writers won't touch it again
    It was an alternate future timeline. The present versions of Bobby and Daken don't have that baggage. I'd say the possibility of impending doom kind of makes their coupling that much more thrilling with the forbidden fruit aspect and all. Similar to Batman/Catwoman where parallel universe scenarios of them settling down together often resulted in tragedy.

Slight update to the Wolverine series. Sabretooth is coming back somehow, and is teaming up with Deathstrike again. Still no word on Daken

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The whole theme of that story though was Bobby convincing his older, wizard self that it was okay to let him make some of the same mistakes as his older self. If anything, it actually went out of its way to show that Bobby was still open to the idea of hooking up with Daken, despite his knowledge of one doomed future scenario.

It was an alternate future timeline. The present versions of Bobby and Daken don't have that baggage. I'd say the possibility of impending doom kind of makes their coupling that much more thrilling with the forbidden fruit aspect and all. Similar to Batman/Catwoman where parallel universe scenarios of them settling down together often resulted in tragedy.
    Thanks for your insight, I didn’t really see it this way. I’m very much neutral on Bobby/Daken, and I’m curious how others see them. For me it was kind of like Sina Grace was teasing the readers with the ‘frenemies’ concept, but then I interpreted Grace’s conclusion as something like telling to the readers: ‘lol no, they would never work, did you readers really think that?’ So I kind of took it as they were completely off the table.

But they still have a baggage in the present too, Daken almost killed Bobby’s very first boyfriend, so I’m not sure if he could get over that.
    Rright, it was just an alternate timeline, but I thought that would be enough warning for Bobby to not try anything. But I’d love to see them meet again and what Daken would be like to Bobby after he basically ‘cured’ him from his death seed.

Slight update to the Wolverine series. Sabretooth is coming back somehow, and is teaming up with Deathstrike again. Still no word on Daken
    Uhh, I really hope it doesn’t involve Daken. Last time they all teamed up against Logan when he came back, but Daken shouldn’t be so stupid again as he got himself killed then. And he wasn’t too eager to participate in killing off Logan either. I hated what they did with him in Claws of a Killer because they threw out all of his small development regarding Logan. He was remorseful after Logan died, but he suddenly wanted to kill him again when he came back? Stupid. I hope Percy will explore how he felt when Logan died instead. Logan should know about the Japanese funeral Daken made for him!

Extraordinary Member

I didn't think that Daken was that bad in Claws of a Killer. He didn't seem like he wanted to go and he just sort of got roped into it. It seems like he didn't even plan to attack Logan.