Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

The sad thing is, I really don't think the family bonding could have happened with Logan. His death is what sort of calmed Daken down and it also made Laura more aware that she did want a family. And more than anything, Laura and Daken both havs so many problems with Logan that they need him to be gone to be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    He is not even LoganÂ’s son, I donÂ’t know if he really counts
    Well he is the son of A Logan and has healing factor, feral senses (that I don't know how he didn't noticed) a feral form, is a "great fighter" for some reason since he has never being trained (you know as to Laura, Daken and even Gabby) and for some reason (since he was raised in a lovely home) bad character, he is basically a blonde and younger Wolverine. What I mean is that he is basically other character with the same traits and personality than the original Wolverine and since we have already a Wolverine and a lot of other characters with different personalities more developed he seems too repetitive.

Poor Kurt, given his parents, itÂ’s a miracle how he is still such a nice guy full of hope and forgiveness. IÂ’m curious if they will focus on this family too to some extent, Mystique and Azazel are both on Krakoa.
    Yes that's why I love Kurt, he had those awful parents and hard life but he is still so sweet and full of forgiveness. He shows that doesn't matter how terrible has been your life you still can be a good guy and that having suffered is not excuse to hurt others. But I wish that they kept Mystique and Azazel away, they are evil and toxic and Kurt deserves better, put a restriction order on him please.

What I really like is that the family bonding and dynamics all happened without Logan. I want to see how he fits there, joining afterwards.
    Well I think that Gabby and Laura would be happy to interact with Logan, but the last thing I want to see is Daken reverting to his Daddy issues.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Extraordinary Member

Daken not having any issues is sort of unrealistic, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    Well he is the son of A Logan and has healing factor, feral senses (that I don't know how he didn't noticed) a feral form, is a "great fighter" for some reason since he has never being trained (you know as to Laura, Daken and even Gabby) and for some reason (since he was raised in a lovely home) bad character, he is basically a blonde and younger Wolverine. What I mean is that he is basically other character with the same traits and personality than the original Wolverine and since we have already a Wolverine and a lot of other characters with different personalities more developed he seems too repetitive.
    Yeah, I just meant he’s from an au, so 616 Logan isn’t his father and it would be weird if Marvel treated them like they were family imo.
    What is great about Logan, Laura, Daken and Gabby is that they’re all essentially the same, but still very different from each other with their personalities. I especially like that Daken is Japanese.
    I don’t see any reason for Raze, Jimmy, Rein to be around, because as you said, they’re just too repetitive and don’t stand out. There’s no need for copy characters

Yes that's why I love Kurt, he had those awful parents and hard life but he is still so sweet and full of forgiveness. He shows that doesn't matter how terrible has been your life you still can be a good guy and that having suffered is not excuse to hurt others. But I wish that they kept Mystique and Azazel away, they are evil and toxic and Kurt deserves better, put a restriction order on him please.
    This is why I like him. It’s interesting, because Daken is the exact opposite of him, he doesn’t care and wants to hurt others because he was hurt too. They’re like the opposite ends of the spectrum, but I like them both for what they are.

Well I think that Gabby and Laura would be happy to interact with Logan, but the last thing I want to see is Daken reverting to his Daddy issues.
    I want to see Daken and Logan together, but without the daddy issues. I want complete absence of it. We have 14 years of daddy issues stories, I don’t want any of that anymore.

That’s why I’m happy Percy mentioned Daken as family to Logan. I hope that means they finally move on and work on their relationship, and maybe get closer to each other. The presence of Laura might help too as she already has a good relationship with both Logan and Daken, and Daken already sees Laura as family.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    The sad thing is, I really don't think the family bonding could have happened with Logan. His death is what sort of calmed Daken down and it also made Laura more aware that she did want a family. And more than anything, Laura and Daken both havs so many problems with Logan that they need him to be gone to be happy.
    That’s exactly how I see it too. I loved how Laura and Daken reacted when Logan died and they literally bonded over Logan’s death, because they were the last family left for each other.

Daken was always so angry and was unable to forgive Logan for not being there for him in his life, always wanting to make him hurt for it. But when Logan died all of this became pointless. I like to think that Daken stopped to think for the first time and realized that it was destructive and just wasting his life by being defined so much by his anger and to blame Logan for everything, and that’s why he calmed down. With Logan being back, I want this to be developed further, and not him falling back to daddy issues. If Logan hadn't died, I'm not sure Daken could have been able to change. He needed something to happen that gave him a chance to see things differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Daken not having any issues is sort of unrealistic, isn't it?
    It is, I want him to find closure with Logan, but I still want him to be this stubborn dramatic bitch who can’t so easily function with others.
    Last edited by DAHX; 11-12-2019 at 12:49 PM.

Wait, wait, wait...is Rein canon? I mean, 616-canon? What's her exact relationship with Logan?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MakubeX View Post
    Wait, wait, wait...is Rein canon? I mean, 616-canon? What's her exact relationship with Logan?
    Yes, supposedly that was 616.

They seem to be on pretty good terms.

WOLVERINE #1
    Written by BENJAMIN PERCY
    Art by ADAM KUBERT & VIKTOR BOGDANOVIC
    Cover by ADAM KUBERT
    THE BEST IS BACK!
    Wolverine been through a lot. He’s been a loner. He’s been a killer. He’s been a hero. He’s been an Avenger. He’s been to hell and back. Now, as the nation of Krakoa brings together all Mutantkind, he can finally be… happy? With his family all together and safe, Wolverine has everything he ever wanted… and everything to lose. Writer Benjamin Percy (X-FORCE, WOLVERINE: THE LONG NIGHT) and legendary artist Adam Kubert (X-MEN, AVENGERS) bring the best there is to his new home!
    PLUS: The return of OMEGA RED!

First issue, Logan and his family all together!

BANNED

WOLVERINE #1
    Written by BENJAMIN PERCY
    Art by ADAM KUBERT & VIKTOR BOGDANOVIC
    Cover by ADAM KUBERT
    THE BEST IS BACK!
    Wolverine been through a lot. He’s been a loner. He’s been a killer. He’s been a hero. He’s been an Avenger. He’s been to hell and back. Now, as the nation of Krakoa brings together all Mutantkind, he can finally be… happy? With his family all together and safe, Wolverine has everything he ever wanted… and everything to lose. Writer Benjamin Percy (X-FORCE, WOLVERINE: THE LONG NIGHT) and legendary artist Adam Kubert (X-MEN, AVENGERS) bring the best there is to his new home!
    PLUS: The return of OMEGA RED!

First issue, Logan and his family all together!
    I really hope we get a flashback of Logan meeting for the first time post-death with Laura, Gabby, and Daken. Doing that reunion off-panel would be just plain criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I really hope we get a flashback of Logan meeting for the first time post-death with Laura, Gabby, and Daken. Doing that reunion off-panel would be just plain criminal.
    I agree. I will be happy to see them all together, but I want to see what happened before that and what led to it. Daken was even dead, I want to know how he came back, or if Logan brought him back. How Laura introduced Gabby, etc. There's just so much missing.

Yeah, I just meant heÂ’s from an au, so 616 Logan isnÂ’t his father and it would be weird if Marvel treated them like they were family imo.
    What is great about Logan, Laura, Daken and Gabby is that theyÂ’re all essentially the same, but still very different from each other with their personalities. I especially like that Daken is Japanese.
    I donÂ’t see any reason for Raze, Jimmy, Rein to be around, because as you said, theyÂ’re just too repetitive and donÂ’t stand out. ThereÂ’s no need for copy characters
    Yes, actually when I knew about rein I was like, really? another? why? I haven't read the whole Rein story because I can't care less about the poor character because I found her too unnecessary in a universe who barely develops it's already existent characters .

This is why I like him. ItÂ’s interesting, because Daken is the exact opposite of him, he doesnÂ’t care and wants to hurt others because he was hurt too. TheyÂ’re like the opposite ends of the spectrum, but I like them both for what they are.
    I also like both but while I love Kurt and want to happen good things to him, I don't care when Daken is blown to pieces because he is frequently asking for it.

Daken was always so angry and was unable to forgive Logan for not being there for him in his life, always wanting to make him hurt for it. But when Logan died all of this became pointless. I like to think that Daken stopped to think for the first time and realized that it was destructive and just wasting his life by being defined so much by his anger and to blame Logan for everything, and thatÂ’s why he calmed down. With Logan being back, I want this to be developed further, and not him falling back to daddy issues. If Logan hadn't died, I'm not sure Daken could have been able to change. He needed something to happen that gave him a chance to see things differently.

I want to see Daken and Logan together, but without the daddy issues. I want complete absence of it. We have 14 years of daddy issues stories, I donÂ’t want any of that anymore.
    I also would like that but I'm afraid that writers are too lazy, they seems to know anything about Daken betsides "Is Logan son and he hates him" all who makes him special and different. Sadly Logan dying was the best who could have happened to him because writers were forcing to do something different to him besides the hate/fight/get killed by Logan

ThatÂ’s why IÂ’m happy Percy mentioned Daken as family to Logan. I hope that means they finally move on and work on their relationship, and maybe get closer to each other. The presence of Laura might help too as she already has a good relationship with both Logan and Daken, and Daken already sees Laura as family. ThatÂ’s exactly how I see it too. I loved how Laura and Daken reacted when Logan died and they literally bonded over LoganÂ’s death, because they were the last family left for each other.
    Laura is the only one who Daken is able to see as family, is genetically related, but at same time pretty different, she is actually a pretty cool sister, she know who is Daken and don't judge him or demand him to change, she can stop him when he is going to far and Daken will listen because know that she had his best interest in mind. She was supportive when Daken lost his healing factor becoming the only one who was there for him when he hitted his lowest (and that's why I love that image). And Daken in return respect her as he is unable to respect anyone else. He admires her ability and while feel puzzled by her seeking of humanity (something he doesn't share) he accepts that is important to her. And that's why I think the relation works, they are different but they know and don't want to change the other, instead have a mutual respect.[/QUOTE]
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    About Jimmy as far as I know, he is not really a mutant, I mean mutants in Ultimate universe are experiments not have a real gen X who is what makes mutants in the 616 universe. But maybe I'm a bit biased because I don't want to see him, he was far away to my favorite character in the ultimate universe and can't believe that they have drag him of all the characters, to the regular universe, as if Wolverine needed OTHER son.

About Mystique, she is another case of "sterilization requested", I love Kurt and like Rogue, even pity Graydon sometimes, but Mystique is and awful mother, even Rogue is psychologically mistreated and frequently manipulated while her sons are treated like garbage.
    Mystique is a wierd character for me, i like alot about her as a character shes pretty nuanced but the cons outway the pros for her. She is indeed a terrible mother and a pretty terrible person over all, she desperately wants a happy ever after with destiny but im glad she's not ever going to get that, mystique just hasn't earned it she's done a lot of really bad **** for really poor reasons that are hard to sympathize with even when you understand why she did what she did

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    They seem to be on pretty good terms.

...yeah still not sure how i feel about this

Has anyone read the new Fallen angels yet? And if so what are your thoughts on Lauras portrayal

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Gulo View Post
    Has anyone read the new Fallen angels yet? And if so what are your thoughts on Lauras portrayal
    This is probably best discussed on the FA review threads and the X-23 appreciation thread.