Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Honestly, I don’t think writers even remember Claudine was an unwilling test subject Sinister was using as a means of cheating death. Every time she’s appeared since the Liu Daken/X-23 books she’s gleefully embraced his whole mad scientist shtick. They’ve turned her into a literal Sinister 2.0 and completely dropped the fact she was a victim of his experiments just trying to preserve her own mind.
    good point. in fairness, I haven't read her origin issue. I just know her from the attempt to recruit Mysterio.
    "I just don't get why you wouldn't want to break the law anymore" --Scorpia

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    good point. in fairness, I haven't read her origin issue. I just know her from the attempt to recruit Mysterio.
    Claudine was some regular woman off the street Sinister snatched up to experiment on. He implanted a viral clone of himself in her that was designed to supplant her consciousness with his own if he were to ever die. It was activated after Mystique killed him during Messiah Complex, and Sinister slowly began subsuming her mind. I didn't read her appearance in the Daken series, but after Daken nearly killed her, she tried to take over Laura's body in hopes her healing factor would prevent Sinister from being able to fully take control. So despite her methods, there was still something sympathetic about her motivations.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

The New X-Men: Can't let you grow up because you make everyone look old. But we can sure as @#$% mindlessly kill you off for shock value!

Pull List
    Fallen Angels (For Now)

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Claudine was some regular woman off the street Sinister snatched up to experiment on. He implanted a viral clone of himself in her that was designed to supplant her consciousness with his own if he were to ever die. It was activated after Mystique killed him during Messiah Complex, and Sinister slowly began subsuming her mind. I didn't read her appearance in the Daken series, but after Daken nearly killed her, she tried to take over Laura's body in hopes her healing factor would prevent Sinister from being able to fully take control. So despite her methods, there was still something sympathetic about her motivations.
    thank you. did they ever say where she was from? is she an american?
    "I just don't get why you wouldn't want to break the law anymore" --Scorpia

That I'm not sure.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

The New X-Men: Can't let you grow up because you make everyone look old. But we can sure as @#$% mindlessly kill you off for shock value!

Pull List
    Fallen Angels (For Now)

I can't believe half the cast of Hellions is getting to be in a book proper before Daken. I am annoyed.

Here, let me balance my bitching with a sexy but still SFW Daken. Artist is BlitzTurner on DA.