Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i took the former to be something she did because she was acting as a spy. look how she treated the offspring of that liason. and don't get me started on Azazel and the stupidity of taking a brilliant/tragic origin story and turning it into some demon vs angel mutant clan bull****.
    Yep. She was posing as Zauber but had to haul up in a safe-house with Creed. Then she faked her death to get away from him, and they didn't meet again for 20 years. Mystique finds Creed repulsive. But Aaron pulled that "romance" out of the deepest parts of his ass, and now it won't go away. Especially with Remender's hard-on for it.

Azazel is treated more seriously. Mystique seemed to love him, and if not that, she certainly respects him as an equal / partner -which cannot be said for Creed.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 11-11-2019 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    You can enjoy it of course, I myself liked some aspects of it, but that doesn’t change the fact that Remender screwed Daken up badly – not because he died, but because he didn’t matter at all.
    The jealousy towards the school was again just Remender’s addition, it was something that had never been shown before, Daken never cared about the students. Although I think it’s believable for him, but it would have been better to explore it more.
    That image sequence isn’t Logan remembering wrong, it’s just the writer’s (artist’s?) mistake. I still liked it because it was powerful, but I’m also bitter because it was the erasure of Daken’s Japanese heritage. Many probably don’t care about things like this and just want to enjoy the story, but it’s still very important for some and it has nothing to do with the story itself.

The bold sentence is what I liked the most about this story, I agree with this. I just wish they had explored Logan’s feelings not at the expense of Daken, and that they hadn't done it as a one-sided story. I’d rather see exploring both sides and not giving one a dramatic sympathetic story while treating the other as a throw away plot.

I have so much hope for Percy and the upcoming Wolverine solo, but I’m also anxious about how Daken will be treated there… His track record in Wolverine stories isn't quite good.

It was acknowledged in Hunt for Wolverine: Claws of a Killer :/
    Wait, is Percy's Wolverine stories bad or something?

Mystique treats his children awfully with the exception of Rogue. She was terrible to Graydon and bad with Kurt too, even though that got better. She shouldn’t have more kids either.

I don’t know if Jimmy would eligible to show up on Krakoa, but I think the writers will just ignore him. I’m even surprised that they let Bunn not kill him.

Maybe Jimmy was good in Ultimate comics, but the problem with him in main universe is like the problem with Old Man Logan: even though he was a good and enjoyable character, he was redundant and needed to go.

As for Rein and Raze: if Rein is just a copy paste character and female version of Daken’s back story, then Raze is the same, he got the daddy issues like Daken, which is already the worst part of Daken’s character anyway and was played out for way too long. These characters lack any creativity or originality. The only chance Daken had back then was getting other stories in his solo and with the Dark avengers aside from the daddy issues.

Quote Originally Posted by MakubeX View Post
    Wait, is Percy's Wolverine stories bad or something?
    Nooo, quite the opposite He loves Wolverine and I think he writes him well, so I'm glad he got his new solo and was super happy when he said Daken will be there too! It's just a general worry for me because Daken usually only shows up in a Wolverine comic to be a throw-away plot device for Logan. But Percy mentioned him in a positive way, so I'm excited. But I can relax only when I see that Daken not being written badly for Logan's sake. We'll see in February! Or whenever he shows up.

Edit: I meant DAKEN'S track record on Wolverine stories isn't good, not Percy's Sorry for not being clear
    Last edited by DAHX; 11-11-2019 at 03:24 PM.

Nooo, quite the opposite He loves Wolverine and I think he writes him well, so I'm glad he got his new solo and was super happy when he said Daken will be there too! It's just a general worry for me because Daken usually only shows up in a Wolverine comic to be a throw-away plot device for Logan. But Percy mentioned him in a positive way, so I'm excited. But I can relax only when I see that Daken not being written badly for Logan's sake. We'll see in February! Or whenever he shows up.

Edit: I meant DAKEN'S track record on Wolverine stories isn't good, not Percy's Sorry for not being clear

Oooooh, gotcha. And same, I hope he does Daken justice. I do recall he mentioned Daken and Laura, but what about Gabby? Is she still around? I actually like Gabby, unlike Jimmy and Raze.

Anyone have any ideas on how to redeem Romulus? Not like, morally. But as a character or concept, to make him not just the worst thing.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Anyone have any ideas on how to redeem Romulus? Not like, morally. But as a character or concept, to make him not just the worst thing.

Im sure it very well could be done but the only one who truly cared about Romulus was Daniel Way and he made sure Romulus was removed from the board permanently by trapping him in Cloaks void id say hes pretty much forgotten aside from the readers

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Gulo View Post
    Im sure it very well could be done but the only one who truly cared about Romulus was Daniel Way and he made sure Romulus was removed from the board permanently by trapping him in Cloaks void id say hes pretty much forgotten aside from the readers
    Sadly. lol

Imo, there's no way to redeem something that never needed to exist and made fools of all characters in close affiliation.

Oooooh, gotcha. And same, I hope he does Daken justice. I do recall he mentioned Daken and Laura, but what about Gabby? Is she still around? I actually like Gabby, unlike Jimmy and Raze.
    Im more then certain Gabby is going to be there too, shes a wonderful edition to the snikt family, it'd be criminal to exclude her. Now I know im the minority here but i really like Jimmy and would like to see him again.

Does anyone else feel on a positive sense that Logan is going to be more involved with his kids moving forward like how the Summers are now with Krakoa

Does anyone else feel on a positive sense that Logan is going to be more involved with his kids moving forward like how the Summers are now with Krakoa
    I hope Logan has more success. So far the Summer's family is getting hit with robotic dialogue and manaquin art, and Corsair has immediately screwed over the New Mutants without doing anything meaningful with his family.

I have an idea for Romulus. I thought he got out of the Darkforce Dimension and all evil darkforce powered now? And I remember reading on TvTropes that someone retconned a lot of his stupid undefined powers to be the work of a telepath cohort he had nearby, but I don't recall ever actually seeing that anywhere. Can anyone confirm that?

Gabby will show up in Fallen Angels and maybe in X-Men. I like her too, the only thing I didn’t like when Laura’s series became a Gabby series, and that Laura didn’t get to do anything without her. But it seems like Laura will do her own thing in Dawn of X. Daken Laura and Gabby are quite enjoyable, I hope they will be all together again.

I don’t think there’s a way, he was a lame concept and has never been brought up again. Also ruined many things about Logan. Marvel should clean up that mess, not Romulus

Hopefully this will change

I have an idea for Romulus. I thought he got out of the Darkforce Dimension and all evil darkforce powered now? And I remember reading on TvTropes that someone retconned a lot of his stupid undefined powers to be the work of a telepath cohort he had nearby, but I don't recall ever actually seeing that anywhere. Can anyone confirm that?

He escaped from the dark dimension later and got captured and imprisoned in the Raft thanks to Logan.

Yes! And that’s exactly what I’m expecting! It's about time.

Last edited by DAHX; 11-11-2019 at 09:17 PM.

Mystique treats his children awfully with the exception of Rogue. She was terrible to Graydon and bad with Kurt too, even though that got better. She shouldn’t have more kids either.

I don’t know if Jimmy would eligible to show up on Krakoa, but I think the writers will just ignore him. I’m even surprised that they let Bunn not kill him.

Maybe Jimmy was good in Ultimate comics, but the problem with him in main universe is like the problem with Old Man Logan: even though he was a good and enjoyable character, he was redundant and needed to go.

As for Rein and Raze: if Rein is just a copy paste character and female version of Daken’s back story, then Raze is the same, he got the daddy issues like Daken, which is already the worst part of Daken’s character anyway and was played out for way too long. These characters lack any creativity or originality. The only chance Daken had back then was getting other stories in his solo and with the Dark avengers aside from the daddy issues.
    About Jimmy as far as I know, he is not really a mutant, I mean mutants in Ultimate universe are experiments not have a real gen X who is what makes mutants in the 616 universe. But maybe I'm a bit biased because I don't want to see him, he was far away to my favorite character in the ultimate universe and can't believe that they have drag him of all the characters, to the regular universe, as if Wolverine needed OTHER son.

About Mystique, she is another case of "sterilization requested", I love Kurt and like Rogue, even pity Graydon sometimes, but Mystique is and awful mother, even Rogue is psychologically mistreated and frequently manipulated while her sons are treated like garbage.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Extraordinary Member

I mean, I guess what makes Logan and his family interesting now is that, really, Daken, Laura and Gabby have a pretty great little family as they are. I mean, all things considered, as a family, the three of them are pretty great together. It's Logan who is throwing the wrench into things by adding himself.

I mean, what makes the Summers family fun is that aside from a couple of them, they don't all just hang out together all the time. They're pretty distant. But with Logan's family, even if they don't share a book, there's a general feeling of acceptance and love...so long as Logan isn't there.

I just don't want it to be too creepy and nice, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    About Jimmy as far as I know, he is not really a mutant, I mean mutants in Ultimate universe are experiments not have a real gen X who is what makes mutants in the 616 universe. But maybe I'm a bit biased because I don't want to see him, he was far away to my favorite character in the ultimate universe and can't believe that they have drag him of all the characters, to the regular universe, as if Wolverine needed OTHER son.

About Mystique, she is another case of "sterilization requested", I love Kurt and like Rogue, even pity Graydon sometimes, but Mystique is and awful mother, even Rogue is psychologically mistreated and frequently manipulated while her sons are treated like garbage.
    He is not even Logan’s son, I don’t know if he really counts

Poor Kurt, given his parents, it’s a miracle how he is still such a nice guy full of hope and forgiveness. I’m curious if they will focus on this family too to some extent, Mystique and Azazel are both on Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I mean, I guess what makes Logan and his family interesting now is that, really, Daken, Laura and Gabby have a pretty great little family as they are. I mean, all things considered, as a family, the three of them are pretty great together. It's Logan who is throwing the wrench into things by adding himself.

I mean, what makes the Summers family fun is that aside from a couple of them, they don't all just hang out together all the time. They're pretty distant. But with Logan's family, even if they don't share a book, there's a general feeling of acceptance and love...so long as Logan isn't there.

I just don't want it to be too creepy and nice, you know?
    What I really like is that the family bonding and dynamics all happened without Logan. I want to see how he fits there, joining afterwards.