Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Im excited at the idea that Daken is planned for Percys Wolverine book as well as the other snikt fam but im still worried he's gonna pull a Marvel said its MY turn to kill Daken card, only because it has happened so many times before.

Here's my idea for a worthwhile Romulus story. Because you can't have Daken move on as a character without addressing the stupid elephant in the room eventually.

Have Romulus show up and try to recruit Daken into being his attack dog again. Play up the psychological domination and toxic influence. Have Daken refuse him, and have Romulus respond with increasingly manic attempts to force Daken into servitude. Fully, or at least partially, reveal the scope of what Romulus did to him, and show why Daken is so messed up. Then reveal that all of Romulus' mysterious powers were all just illusions from a telepath he's abused into service. He's not an immortal god thing, but he is a genius geneticist. Was able to synthesize a copy of Wolverine's healing factor on himself, and make himself a Sabretooth clone army. Everything he's done is to become as important to Wolverine as possible. Make him a dangerous but delusional super fanboy of Wolverine, to the point he believes his own mythos. Everything he did to Daken was to just to get to Wolverine by proxy.

Have Daken learn all of this, flip out, fight back, and kill the telepath. Romulus loses control of the clone army without them, and they go berserk and wipe each other out before butchering Romulus. BUT, have Romulus tell Daken that despite the help of a the telepath, he wanted to make sure that Daken had just enough free will for all of his decisions to still be his own. He abused and broke him in a way that predisposed him to being a bastard, but didn't technically force him to do most of his crimes. He did this deliberately to keep Wolverine from finding Daken and just brushing aside his wrongdoings as mind control, as just another way to mess with Logan.

After this, Daken is a wreck from realizing just how much of his life was dominated by this crazy loser. So much of his life was directly and indirectly just a scheme of Romulus', and a lot of his desires and personality problems were deliberately ingrained in him just to mess with Logan and keep him controlled by Romulus. But now that he knows all of this, he can stand on his own and try to move past all of it. He would be at a point where he could change and take charge of his life. He could try to be more heroic or start his own criminal empire, with more success than his last attempt in LA.

My fanfic headcannon (for after this pretty fanfic-y setup) is that he crashes with Laura and Gabby for a while before going to Japan and becoming a yakuza boss.

I hated that it was never really addressed or brought up again how much Daken’s life was ruined and how he felt about it and Romulus after Romulus was removed (there was like one issue that dealt with it...), while he spent so much time hating and blaming Logan for everything… it just didn’t make sense, Romulus was the one who abused him all his life and killed his mother. And he never went after the Winter Soldier either, which is weird.

I suppose Romulus would be heavily retconned and everything would turn out to be a lie bout him if he ever resurfaced again(which I doubt will ever happen). It’s very likely that he would want to recruit Daken and force him into servitude again. There would be mind games and attempts of brainwashing and intimidations, and the nature of their relationship in the past could be explored too along the way. We saw before how much scared Daken was of Romulus when he suddenly showed up when Daken didn’t expect him.
    I always missed very much that we never learned about Daken’s past truly and what was exactly done to him by Romulus. I’m sure some sort of mind manipulation happened from the very beginning, especially because of Xavier entering Daken’s mind and discovering the wall that kept him out and all the mind traps. Someone had to put those there. Also when Emma found him, she said there were no thoughts of his own in Daken’s mind, so when we first met Daken, that was purely Romoulus’ conditioning.

I think initially Romulus just forced Daken to do things and trained him, but he did break him along the way later to make him someone who wants to do these things on his own, not just for orders.
    And that’s pretty much canon that while Daken viewed himself as someone who is better and above everyone else, he was very submissive towards his master Romulus. He was made to believe that he had his freedom but he was in fact controlled in every way and was on a short leash. We have an example of Daken getting severely punished for disobeying an order, so he couldn’t just do whatever he wanted. And Romulus seemed to know about whatever Daken was doing.

If Romulus were ever back, I would mostly want to see Daken getting his revenge for what Romulus did to him, and beat the **** out of him for ruining him. And maybe then Daken could find some closure similarly like what happened with Laura and Kimura. And he could stop blaming Logan finally.

I also agree very much with your last thought: I don’t care if he wants to be more ‘heroic’ or just a crime lord again, I just want to see him dealing with his past, control and abuse he went through and what’s it like now without it; want him to see and accept how much he is messed up, and re-evaluate things about himself. He already admitted a few things here and there.

Someone made an aesthetics edit for Daken, and it was very on point imo – it referred not to how much his life was ruined, but how much he was ruined:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    I also would like that but I'm afraid that writers are too lazy, they seem to know anything about Daken besides "Is Logan son and he hates him" all who makes him special and different. Sadly Logan dying was the best who could have happened to him because writers were forcing to do something different to him besides the hate/fight/get killed by Logan
    lol his only chance was really Logan not being around, which is sad. It shows how bad the writers’ general view and treatment of Daken is.

Laura is the only one who Daken is able to see as family, is genetically related, but at same time pretty different, she is actually a pretty cool sister, she know who is Daken and don't judge him or demand him to change, she can stop him when he is going to far and Daken will listen because know that she had his best interest in mind. She was supportive when Daken lost his healing factor becoming the only one who was there for him when he hitted his lowest (and that's why I love that image). And Daken in return respect her as he is unable to respect anyone else. He admires her ability and while feel puzzled by her seeking of humanity (something he doesn't share) he accepts that is important to her. And that's why I think the relation works, they are different but they know and don't want to change the other, instead have a mutual respect.
    this was a perfect summery of my thoughts of them and why I love their relationship. Daken got some criticism for being too soft and good in ANW, but I didn’t see that way. He clearly stated that he doesn’t agree with Laura’s views and he doesn’t care about the people he helped save. He did everything for Laura, which was very much in character as Laura did the same for him, and their mutual respect started way before this, during Collision. it’s obvious that Laura very much an exception for him in his general way of treating people, and that’s what makes it very interesting.
    Laura is probably the only one who saw him at his lowest and stayed beside him to help. No one ever cared about him before, so I think it’s pretty understandable why he would care about her too in return.
    And what I really love is what you mentioned too, that Laura isn’t trying to change him (he would shut her out then), and they accept each other the way they are. That’s probably something for Daken that doesn’t happen often either. Their mutual understanding and respect lays on their similar upbringing and controlled past, not on their ways of doing things.
    Last edited by DAHX; 11-16-2019 at 12:54 PM.

Daken in History of the Marvel Universe #5

Can everyone share thier favorite Daken costume

I loved Daken's Osborn's X-men costume. But I gotta give love to his X-men blue costume.

X-Men Blue (2017-) 027-017.jpgX-Men Blue (2017-) 027-017.jpg

1. because it's not really a Wolverine costume and because it's Japanese! I want him to wear a Japanese costume again and Marvel to emphasize more that he's Japanese
    2. I just love the red version of the Wolverine costume
    3. Shirtless X-Men uniform, do I need to say more? This artist did understand Daken, and the costume design on the replacement team was very good for everyone

I actually don't like most of his costumes much. He deserves better than just copying Wolverine. Some of the fanart ones are pretty neat. I want to see him in a yakuza business suit or a fancy kimono.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Gulo View Post
    Can everyone share thier favorite Daken costume
    What's your favorite one?

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I actually don't like most of his costumes much. He deserves better than just copying Wolverine. Some of the fanart ones are pretty neat. I want to see him in a yakuza business suit or a fancy kimono.
    good we've got to see him in a suit for quite a few times, and YES for the kimono!!

finally found it. I'd like to see more of this in the comics too. (I think the only occasion was in ANW)

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    finally found it. I'd like to see more of this in the comics too. (I think the only occasion was in ANW)

It should be a white kimono. Daken should serve iconic O-Ren Ishii looks.

I will keep this thread alive, damnit

Those 3 are my favorites as well, it was hard for me to choose just one of these 3 because they all brought something unique and suited him so well Dark Xmen, Dark wolverine and Xmen Blue really worked for him
    Last edited by Dark Gulo; 11-27-2019 at 04:54 AM.

There are theories floating about that Dakens mother Itsu may have bin a mutant herself, and Daken inherited his pheromone abilities from her. Now there isnt anything that confirms this and Itsu has never really gotten any character about her at all to provide any insight into her as a person outside Dakens mother and Logans murdered wife, but i still found the theory at least a little bit interesting. I personally just assumed Dakens pheromone power was just to accentuate his berserker/feral mutant type. But im curious what you guys think?
    Last edited by Dark Gulo; 11-27-2019 at 05:20 AM.