Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I loved this one.

Weird memory just came back to me watching that costume. When the Dark Wolverine issue set in Italy happened here in Italy people were lowkey pissed lol because they said it enhanced bad stereotypes.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I loved this one.

Weird memory just came back to me watching that costume. When the Dark Wolverine issue set in Italy happened here in Italy people were lowkey pissed lol because they said it enhanced bad stereotypes.
    oh, I didn't know that. what stereotypes?

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    oh, I didn't know that. what stereotypes?
    Like robbing tourists I think hahaha which apparently is a sterotype about Italians (?)

Like robbing tourists I think hahaha which apparently is a sterotype about Italians (?)
    is it? well, there were two characters in that issue who wanted to rob Daken as a tourist, so I can see it now why it might haven't been liked lol
    First I thought it was picking up foreigners, assuming they don't speak the language

offhand, i've never attributed that kind of theft to italians. first i've ever heard of the stereotype. :shrugs:

Yeah they were being victims lol. Plot would have worked the same in any other touristic city.

Anyone think Daken will wind up as an appointed Bishop/monarch to the Hellfire club, by way of Shaw?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    offhand, i've never attributed that kind of theft to italians. first i've ever heard of the stereotype. :shrugs:
    Yeah, I read it simply as the common 'stealing from tourists' thing not as Italians are like this

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Anyone think Daken will wind up as an appointed Bishop/monarch to the Hellfire club, by way of Shaw?
    Emma didn't like him, so he could. Black Knight would be a nice role.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Emma didn't like him, so he could. Black Knight would be a nice role.
    I thought about it too, and Daken not being in the HC would be a missed opportunity imo, but I don’t know about Shaw… He once, when Daken didn’t have memories, kidnapped him, tried to brainwash and manipulate him in order to use him(like many others), and Daken wasn’t happy when he found out:

I’d rather see Daken working against Shaw and not for him.
    And he already worked with Emma before.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Gulo View Post
    There are theories floating about that Dakens mother Itsu may have bin a mutant herself, and Daken inherited his pheromone abilities from her. Now there isnt anything that confirms this and Itsu has never really gotten any character about her at all to provide any insight into her as a person outside Dakens mother and Logans murdered wife, but i still found the theory at least a little bit interesting. I personally just assumed Dakens pheromone power was just to accentuate his berserker/feral mutant type. But im curious what you guys think?
    I love this theory! It started a few years ago, I think? I knew one of its most vocal supporters. Mostly it stemmed from the desire to have Itsu be something more than the umpteenth woman in the refrigerator... and it's true that the pheromone manipulation seems to come out of nowhere. It could be an awesome plot point for a Daken solo.

When the Dark Wolverine issue set in Italy happened here in Italy people were lowkey pissed lol because they said it enhanced bad stereotypes.
    Oh hello fellow Italian
    I don't remember this happening lol I must have been out of the loop. Can we agree this cover was awesome, though? <3
    tumblr_mwn7lfR3H11rcp7bmo1_1280.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Gulo View Post
    There are theories floating about that Dakens mother Itsu may have bin a mutant herself, and Daken inherited his pheromone abilities from her. Now there isnt anything that confirms this and Itsu has never really gotten any character about her at all to provide any insight into her as a person outside Dakens mother and Logans murdered wife, but i still found the theory at least a little bit interesting. I personally just assumed Dakens pheromone power was just to accentuate his berserker/feral mutant type. But im curious what you guys think?
    Uh not a fan as it offers up the possibility of Itsu working her "skillz" on Logan to impregnate her. And then it gets too close to Drugged out Batman + Talia = Damian redux.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Uh not a fan as it offers up the possibility of Itsu working her "skillz" on Logan to impregnate her. And then it gets too close to Drugged out Batman + Talia = Damian redux.
    Not necessarily. I agree one could go in that direction, but one also could not.

Quote Originally Posted by gealach View Post
    Oh hello fellow Italian
    I don't remember this happening lol I must have been out of the loop. Can we agree this cover was awesome, though? <3
    tumblr_mwn7lfR3H11rcp7bmo1_1280.jpg
    Hello yeah the cover was awesome! I also liked the interiors a lot.

I think it was mostly mobs of angry Italian readers on some forgotten Facebook page, but I kind of remember some blog articles too.