Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gealach View Post
    Can we agree this cover was awesome, though? <3
    Attachment 89703
    The cover and everything in it! I loved the ‘Italian’ Dark Wolverine issue

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Gulo View Post
    There are theories floating about that Dakens mother Itsu may have bin a mutant herself, and Daken inherited his pheromone abilities from her. Now there isn't anything that confirms this and Itsu has never really gotten any character about her at all to provide any insight into her as a person outside Dakens mother and Logans murdered wife, but i still found the theory at least a little bit interesting. I personally just assumed Dakens pheromone power was just to accentuate his berserker/feral mutant type. But im curious what you guys think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Uh not a fan as it offers up the possibility of Itsu working her "skillz" on Logan to impregnate her. And then it gets too close to Drugged out Batman + Talia = Damian redux.
    Ehh... I’m conflicted, I fear something like what Confuzzled said would happen. While I’d love the idea itself that both of Daken’s parents were mutants and using this to actually give another layer to Daken’s character, I don't trust the writers at all. Given how they usually approach Logan and his loved ones I’m sure they would just turn Itsu into a manipulative abuser who only used Logan, so they can add more pain to Logan’s tragic life as 'his happiness was just a lie', Itsu would be deeper in the refrigerator, and Daken would lose the only nice aspect of his life that both of his parents actually loved and wanted him.
    I doubt they'd explore how Daken would feel about that he was never really wanted either, it always has to be about Logan

Teeny tiny Daken appearance in X-force in a crowd shot today.

I'm conflicted about that theory. Itsu is a huge example of a disposable woman, only existing as a love interest to Wolverine and dead mother to Daken. So to give her something, anything, isn't terrible. But I prefer her being a regular Japanese woman than a secret mutant, especially if she was drugging Logan into loving her. That would make Daken a child by rape, which is an extra level of angst he doesn't need between him and Logan

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Teeny tiny Daken appearance in X-force in a crowd shot today.
    I hope he'll be featured in X-Force at some point, Percy said Laura will be

daken x.jpg

Here ya go.

Would appear Daken has a firm distaste for shirts.

Can i disregard what happen to him during return of wolverine?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

We all would very much like too, so that's what I'm going with.

It seems even the X-writers are ignoring it, so I'd say we're good to go. (even though I loved that Logan didn't see Daken as a villain in that mindscape).

The X-Force group shot is strange because he's far too ripped in that scene and they always draw him shirtless for some unfathomable reason. But it's interesting that it's been twice now that he's been drawn facing Logan. Foreshadowing for the Wolverine solo, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I'm conflicted about that theory. Itsu is a huge example of a disposable woman, only existing as a love interest to Wolverine and dead mother to Daken. So to give her something, anything, isn't terrible. But I prefer her being a regular Japanese woman than a secret mutant, especially if she was drugging Logan into loving her. That would make Daken a child by rape, which is an extra level of angst he doesn't need between him and Logan
    I mean, I agree, and if they went in that direction I'd hate it - and Daken would never recover, but they wouldn't even make it about him, they'd focus on Logan's pain only. But it would be good if she was just a mutant who fell in love with Logan without nefarious plans.

Here, have a Daken in Japanese garb <3
    tumblr_pilp6iUgE31qef58vo1_1280.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Would appear Daken has a firm distaste for shirts.
    As always

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Can i disregard what happen to him during return of wolverine?
    Sure. We all do for the whole return/hunt for Wolverine mess anyway

And making it a running joke of Logan killing Daken was a new low... so I definitely do, and I hope the upcoming comics will do too

The X-Force group shot is strange because he's far too ripped in that scene and they always draw him shirtless for some unfathomable reason.
    He’s drawn shirtless most of the time because his tattoo is his biggest characteristic so they intend to show it. And it makes him easily recognizable too, especially on a group shot like this. Maybe it doesn’t make sense he’s always running around half-naked, but I don’t think readers mind it either

But it's interesting that it's been twice now that he's been drawn facing Logan. Foreshadowing for the Wolverine solo, maybe?
    I noticed that too! I think it was intentional, but whatever it means -or not- I want to see them interact finally.
    The last two times they met before Krakoa were when Logan killed Daken, now they both live together on Krakoa. Obviously they’ve already met again and I need to know where they stand now.

The wheres Daken cameos are fun, and ive also noticed theyalways happen when Logan's also on panel, which i hope is foreshadowing, preferably some kind of interaction between Logan and Daken. It is LONG overdue that these two start developing a better relationship with one another.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    As always

Sure. We all do for the whole return/hunt for Wolverine mess anyway

And making it a running joke of Logan killing Daken was a new low... so I definitely do, and I hope the upcoming comics will do too

He’s drawn shirtless most of the time because his tattoo is his biggest characteristic so they intend to show it. And it makes him easily recognizable too, especially on a group shot like this. Maybe it doesn’t make sense he’s always running around half-naked, but I don’t think readers mind it either

I noticed that too! I think it was intentional, but whatever it means -or not- I want to see them interact finally.
    The last two times they met before Krakoa were when Logan killed Daken, now they both live together on Krakoa. Obviously they’ve already met again and I need to know where they stand now.

^ This.....

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Gulo View Post
    The wheres Daken cameos are fun, and ive also noticed theyalways happen when Logan's also on panel, which i hope is foreshadowing, preferably some kind of interaction between Logan and Daken. It is LONG overdue that these two start developing a better relationship with one another.
    Like...
    Here's hoping he actually gets prominent face time somewhere in this relaunch and the development that happened in ANW continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Like...
    Here's hoping he actually gets prominent face time somewhere in this relaunch and the development that happened in ANW continues.
    Most readers really appreciated the way Daken was written in ANW, he is by no means a hero in the traditional sense but he cares deeply for his sisters Laura and Gabby and will jump at the chance to help them when they need it. It might seem small but it shows how much Daken has overcome the lie he was raised to believe by Romulus. Its only two people right now as we know it, we have yet to see any reconciliation between him and his father logan but thats a big deal for someone whos bin alive for over 70 years raised to fear relationships.

I’m glad they use his tattoo more to distinguish him, there are many mutants with claws and it makes him unique. I just wish we had an explanation finally how he can have a tattoo with healing factor

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Like...
    I want him to be a regular character in a book not just having a few appearances here and there. It’s been a long time since he was on a team and his interaction with others (outside of Logan) can be fun